cwsox

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am glad we won, but we were lucky.

whew :headbang

we played better offense for the whole game and did what we needed to do so its all good

we knocked them out of 1st I believe

be happy with a win everyone rather than choreograph how we do it

we played better offense for the whole game and did what we needed to do so its all good

don't get me wrong, i will accept this win anytime. it looked as we were about to give it away.

If the Astros win tonight(and they should), then the Cubs are out of first.

We will go for the sweep tomorrow.....against Zambrano, correct? We have our horse on the mound in Colon, so that should save the bullpen.

Just as a note, I should add something. When Gordon came on in the 8th, and got a few counts where he had two strikes, I was constantly saying "throw a curve ball." He never did....until the last pitch that he threw, which ended up in Daubach's glove as a pop up.

don't get me wrong, i will accept this win anytime. it looked as we were about to give it away.

I know

every game is not a work of art, impossible over a 162 game season

it is a road win over a hated enemy and we gain a half game and all I care about is the end result

Just win, baby is my philosophy. We win; Cubs lose.

To be greedy, however, when we were up 7-0 with the bases loaded and one out in I believe the 4th inning, I wanted to go for the kill but Farnsworth effectively got out of it and we wouldn't threaten again.

You can't have everything, but wouldn't it have been nice had Josh slashed a two-run single to make it 9-0? We wouldn't have looked back at 9-0.

But I am not complaining. It doesn't matter.

We win. We didn't blow it and the guys have all night to celebrate and come

back tomorrow and try for 3 in a row.

We didn't blow it and the guys have all night to celebrate and come

back tomorrow and try for 3 in a row.

I still remember in 1999 the shot of the depressed fans leaving Wrigley on Sunday. Then this car drives by honking its horns with a big black Sox flag and all the brooms sticking out. Priceless. Absolutely priceless.

Guest hotsoxchick1
That's f***ing sweet.

And to think that this game could still be going on(or not) had Wendel Kim not sent Damian Miller home.  What a dumbass!  He's worse then Wavin' Wally!

I wonder if Buehrle still sucks

yeah where the hell is the ol windsock today.. buehrle has a good game and roman isnt anywhere around to witness it....... ;) :lol:

That's f***ing sweet.

And to think that this game could still be going on(or not) had Wendel Kim not sent Damian Miller home.  What a dumbass!  He's worse then Wavin' Wally!

yeah where the hell is the ol windsock today.. buehrle has a good game and roman isnt anywhere around to witness it....... ;) :lol:

Out somewhere trying to not eat crow? :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1
That's f***ing sweet.

Out somewhere trying to not eat crow? :huh:

lol well we got a bbq full of it right here for when he comes in........ ;) :D

That's f***ing sweet.

roman and wsc are still probably out there trying to find some more boobs to grab ;)

Anyways I've found and saved a broom pic and its all ready to go after tomorrows game :headbang

How friggin long was the 9th inning?!?!?!

I can't get AM1000 out here to well so I was listening to the Cub morons.. they put me to sleep floating in the pool and when I came around the game still wasn't over and now I'm sunburned!

Guest hotsoxchick1
I stopped ripping Buehrle a while ago. And really, even tho he did good with the bat, his pitching wasnt that good...

:huh: ..... your crack me up.. geez......... :rolleyes: