DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 6, 2008 -> 03:26 PM)
Did some more math-

Total Votes To Date (includes caucus "delegates" which count as one vote)

Obama - 12,747,492

Clinton - 12,398,606

Edwards - 684,633

Total - 26,225,940

Trouble with that of course is it all depends on how you count Florida and Michigan. Do you count them both? Lots more votes for Hillary. Do you count Florida but not Michigan since everyone was on the ballot in Florida? Do you count all the undeclared in MI as for Obama? Do you count neither?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 11:14 AM)
Either that or NB has already split its electoral votes.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 11:35 AM)
Sort of. Due to the way that Nebraska allocates electoral votes, Obama and McCain would split the votes.

I know. I just thought it looked sort of funny.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 08:22 PM)
So no wall to wall reports on the Obama advisor calling Hillary a monster today? I am shocked!

Obama is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't right now.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 07:22 PM)
So no wall to wall reports on the Obama advisor calling Hillary a monster today? I am shocked!

Meh, its more of the same crap. And Clinton has spewed a lot more of it than Obama or McCain have. So its not exactly huge news.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 09:28 PM)
Meh, its more of the same crap. And Clinton has spewed a lot more of it than Obama or McCain have. So its not exactly huge news.

So, I was poking around on HillaryClinton.com today and noticed something interesting. In almost all her major "Morning HUBdate" press releases, she almost ALWAYS includes two or three items labeled something along the lines of "in cased you missed it" and it points to something "negative" about the Obama campaign. It might be Rezko, or this monster comment, or some other stupid little thing they are trying to dig up on him. Yet on BarackObama.com... almost no mention of her. They focus on Obama and his message.

Just interesting from a person who cries bloody murder the moment Obama says anything negative about her, she's practically PUSHING the media to get negative on Obama.

QUOTE(AngelasDaddy0427 @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 10:34 PM)
The monster thing is a joke. First off Obama didn't say it some over zealous aide did. Finally the aide resigned (more then likely to avoid being fired). If one of Hillary's aides did this they would still be working for her.

well, in fairness the clintons have fired a few of comments about Obama, but they never respond to "supporters" like Bob Johnson who rip into Obama. They are ok to say as they like. Hell, even McCain had the nuts to stand up and say "i dont agree with what my supporter just said"

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 09:43 PM)
So, I was poking around on HillaryClinton.com today and noticed something interesting. In almost all her major "Morning HUBdate" press releases, she almost ALWAYS includes two or three items labeled something along the lines of "in cased you missed it" and it points to something "negative" about the Obama campaign. It might be Rezko, or this monster comment, or some other stupid little thing they are trying to dig up on him. Yet on BarackObama.com... almost no mention of her. They focus on Obama and his message.

Just interesting from a person who cries bloody murder the moment Obama says anything negative about her, she's practically PUSHING the media to get negative on Obama.

Yes. Heaven forbid anybody take a hard look at Obama. Who the hell does does Hillary think she is by putting him under the microscope.

Damn man. This is politics. If your candidate can't stand up scutiny, he doesn't need to be in the race.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 09:55 AM)
Yes. Heaven forbid anybody take a hard look at Obama. Who the hell does does Hillary think she is by putting him under the microscope.

Damn man. This is politics. If your candidate can't stand up scutiny, he doesn't need to be in the race.

that's not my point. My point is that she double talks. You are not allowed to ask her hard questions... she plays victim. She says she is upset with Obama going negative. Yet, she is CONSTANTLY trying to push "negative" things about Obama. It's hypocritical.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 10:14 AM)
Another Obama campaign person was on one of the news programs saying that BOTH Hillary AND Obama weren't ready for the infamous 3 am phone call being portrayed in her campaign ad.

interestingly enough, the Clinton campaign played this up! They included it in one of their press releases. Apparently ignoring the fact the woman said Hillary isnt ready either. And the FULL quote was that NO ONE, not even McCain, is EVER ready to answer that phone. It's HOW you answer it that matters. It's about judgement.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 11:00 AM)
that's not my point. My point is that she double talks. You are not allowed to ask her hard questions... she plays victim. She says she is upset with Obama going negative. Yet, she is CONSTANTLY trying to push "negative" things about Obama. It's hypocritical.

I'd like to see some scrutiny sent Obama's way, regardless of where it originates. So far, he's gotten a free pass from the media, as was pointed out by that SNL skit recently done. It would be ironic if a comedy skit turns the tide in this primary season, as it appears it just may happen that way.

The media has been known to have a "build them up to tear them down" mentality. Obama just may be heading into some catagory 5 rapids where up to known he's been on a leisurely canoe trip down a calm river.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 11:25 AM)
I'd like to see some scrutiny sent Obama's way, regardless of where it originates. So far, he's gotten a free pass from the media, as was pointed out by that SNL skit recently done. It would be ironic if a comedy skit turns the tide in this primary season, as it appears it just may happen that way.

The media has been known to have a "build them up to tear them down" mentality. Obama just may be heading into some catagory 5 rapids where up to known he's been on a leisurely canoe trip down a calm river.

I don't think Obama was getting a free pass, but, I do agree about the media's tendency in this. Obama didn't start getting the same level of scrutiny as Clinton until he was the clear leader in the race. Now he's getting it. But with Clinton getting some new momentum (though she's still behind), things will probably shift again. Its just a question of when.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 11:56 AM)
With 70% of Wyoming reporting, obama leads 58-41. Looks like he'll take Wyoming easily.

Clinton campaign likely to whine and moan that it's undemocratic, the state doesn't count, blah blah blah...

The results will keep coming in throughout the day as not all areas do theirs at the same time.

If BO could push himself up to 64% or so, he pulls off an extra delegate.