Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 01:17 PM)
NCAA definitely is coming out on XBOX, hence my issue with not wanting to buy it since im going to have to get a new system here soon anyways..

Your right. I'm sure at some point in the past year i heard that they were gonna stop making games for xbox.

So are you gonna get a PS3 or the 360?

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 01:23 PM)
Your right. I'm sure at some point in the past year i heard that they were gonna stop making games for xbox.

So are you gonna get a PS3 or the 360?

PS3 if it drops $100

I don't trust the 360 and its 1/3 failure rate

I'm torn...my 360 finally died on me and I'm thinking of getting a PS3. However, the games suck right now and even the sports games run better on 360 right now (60 fps vs 30 fps). Also, I know I want Halo 3, and obviously, that is an exclusive. The other game I really want isn't exclusive to PS3 (GTAIV). I guess in the end, I love the 360, but I'm f***ing fed up with Microsoft and their bulls***. I feel sort of handcuffed here.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 01:32 PM)
I'm torn...my 360 finally died on me and I'm thinking of getting a PS3. However, the games suck right now and even the sports games run better on 360 right now (60 fps vs 30 fps). Also, I know I want Halo 3, and obviously, that is an exclusive. The other game I really want isn't exclusive to PS3 (GTAIV). I guess in the end, I love the 360, but I'm f***ing fed up with Microsoft and their bulls***. I feel sort of handcuffed here.

I would prefer a 360 as well, but it seems like so many people have theirs die on them.. I don't wanna risk it

I too have had a 360 die on me, and they sent me a new one. The reason i stay with it is because i've never liked play station, and i've had an xbox since it came out and same with the 360. Xbox live also is a selling point for me and from an article i saw on ign, the graphics are better on the 360. As long as when my 360 breaks and i get a new one for free, i won't get pissed. If it breaks after the warranty, i might kill someone!

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 01:47 PM)
I too have had a 360 die on me, and they sent me a new one. The reason i stay with it is because i've never liked play station, and i've had an xbox since it came out and same with the 360. Xbox live also is a selling point for me and from an article i saw on ign, the graphics are better on the 360. As long as when my 360 breaks and i get a new one for free, i won't get pissed. If it breaks after the warranty, i might kill someone!

I know someone who has had to send theirs in THREE times already.. and his warranty has expired as well.. you do not understand the violent rage I will go into if it breaks and I cant get a new one

Now onto the next big question.. Do I trade in my XBOX and all my s*** now and get as much as I can or do you think that the trade in price will prolly be the same a couple months from now? I currently have the XBOX, 2 controllers, NCAA 07, Madden 07, FIFA 07, MVP 05, and then like 3 or 4 worthless games that prolly wont get my anything..

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 02:01 PM)
I know someone who has had to send theirs in THREE times already.. and his warranty has expired as well.. you do not understand the violent rage I will go into if it breaks and I cant get a new one

Now onto the next big question.. Do I trade in my XBOX and all my s*** now and get as much as I can or do you think that the trade in price will prolly be the same a couple months from now? I currently have the XBOX, 2 controllers, NCAA 07, Madden 07, FIFA 07, MVP 05, and then like 3 or 4 worthless games that prolly wont get my anything..

Keep the xbox just for MVP thats what i did.

At Gamestop your gonna get like $20 for the xbox. I'm unsure about the controllers but the sports games are gonna get you jack s*** because they make a new one every year! It sucks. In my opinion it's more worth it to just keep it because i still play it a ton. Hope this helps. :huh

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 08:01 PM)

If I were you I wouldn't trade in anything because the trade in values are usually a rip-off. I don't think you would get more than $35 for that package.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 02:38 PM)
If I were you I wouldn't trade in anything because the trade in values are usually a rip-off. I don't think you would get more than $35 for that package.

Thats what I was thinking as well.. but even so I could just buy the 360/PS3 and that package is like half of a game

I sell my old games at gamecrazy. They give you much better deals and if you are an "MVP" member, you get an extra 10%...

For kicks, after I got Call of Duty 3 for the ps3, the next day I went to get Resistance and I wanted to see how much I could get for Call of Duty. Well, a 60 dollar + tax game that was used ONCE and was a day old could only get me 30 bucks. I walked out laughing.

I am thinking about selling my old xbox, ps2 and some really old games with accessories on ebay... I wonder how much that would fetch.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 04:38 PM)
I sell my old games at gamecrazy. They give you much better deals and if you are an "MVP" member, you get an extra 10%...

For kicks, after I got Call of Duty 3 for the ps3, the next day I went to get Resistance and I wanted to see how much I could get for Call of Duty. Well, a 60 dollar + tax game that was used ONCE and was a day old could only get me 30 bucks. I walked out laughing.

I am thinking about selling my old xbox, ps2 and some really old games with accessories on ebay... I wonder how much that would fetch.

I don't find 30 bucks ridiculous, but that's just me.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 01:03 PM)
There's rumor of a xbox360 price drop now.

Elite: 399.99

Premium: 349.99

Pro: 299.99 (same price)

I have also heard rumors of the Pro going to 249.99, but who knows.

What are the differences? I have been thinking about picking up the 360. I just played Gears of War and was pretty impressed. Dropping 3-350 for a game seems kinda ridiculous though

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 07:24 PM)
Word from e3 is that the president of konami stated he feels the price of ps3 is still too high and will consider porting metal gear solid 4 to other systems to make up for the development expenses

It won't fit on a 360 disk though, or else they would have done it by now.

A little e3 gossip before Soxtalk goes down:

Joyst1q:

We don't know exactly what this means ... heck, we don't know what it means at all, but we thought it was too cool to not pass along to you. Eagle-eyed (and quick screen-grabbing) reader Rickard Gudbrand sent us a screen capture he took while looking through Gamerscore Blog's flickr photos of Microsoft's E3 rehearsal. The image shows the three Xbox 360 SKUs we all know and love, in addition to a mysterious fourth wheel that appears to be a gray 360. Making the whole thing even weirder, after Gudbrand commented on the photos' four boxes, the pic (and others showing the stage) appear to have been removed.

So ... what is it? As you can see in the image, the box seems to be on the opposite end of the spectrum from the Elite, which maybe indicates that it's at the opposite end of the pricing spectrum too. We heard about some new, cheaper production methods for the 360, could this be a low-priced model taking advantage of that? We'll hopefully find out tonight.

360s.jpg

A nice and cheap version would be sweet. I already have PSWii so I don't have a need for a third console, but I could pick one up if the price were right.

Man, I LOVE Guitar Hero..

Anyone else here play it? I just recently found this video of what the new Rock Band game is going to be like and it looks like it would be a lot of fun to play with a group of friends, get drunk and just go nuts with it.. should be badass, although wonder what the price will be considering all that comes with it..

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 01:21 PM)
What are the differences? I have been thinking about picking up the 360. I just played Gears of War and was pretty impressed. Dropping 3-350 for a game seems kinda ridiculous though

Elite is black and comes with a black wireless controller an HDMI port and cord and a 120 GB hard drive.

Premium is white and comes a white wireless controller with HD AV cable and a 20 GB hard drive.

Core is white and comes with a wired controller and no hard drive. I'm pretty sure that there is an HD AV cable, but it might just be an AV cable.

Much more worth it to get a Premium over the core because if you buy the hard drive and wireless controller separate it's gonna cost a bit more.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Jul 10, 2007 -> 06:59 PM)
I'm really torn on what system to get now. PS3 was looking good with a price drop. However, 360 with the possibility of MGS and the price drop on elite may be a better option. Any word on if the price drop is confirmed or not?

What is the difference between the elite and the premium? and dont throw numbers at me I dont know what that means, I need it explained out

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 11, 2007 -> 01:04 AM)
What is the difference between the elite and the premium? and dont throw numbers at me I dont know what that means, I need it explained out

Everything I've read leads me to believe the Elite is a rip-off for the extra money. All it has is extra memory and an HDMI port. HDMI is just another way of putting things in HD, but Premium already does, just in a different way that is just as good. The Elite has 120 GB of memory, which I think is an ungodly amount of memory but like you I don't fully understand the numbers. The Premium has 20 GB of memory, which I believe should be just fine unless you're a very hardcore gamer. So yeah, I would go with the Premium if you are going to get the 360. Plus the Elite looks very, very ugly IMO.