Ben Wallace traded!!!

NCsoxfan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 22, 2008 -> 06:50 PM)
The difference is, Ben Wallace only attempts about 5 shots a game, shooting around 37%.

Hughes shoots the same percentage, and attempts around 12-13 shots a game.

It's impossible to argue Wallace is a more effective player than Hughes though. Wallace is awful.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 22, 2008 -> 06:50 PM)
The difference is, Ben Wallace only attempts about 5 shots a game, shooting around 37%.

Hughes shoots the same percentage, and attempts around 12-13 shots a game.

That doesn't include the airballs that Ben throws up on free throws...Ben Wallace is easily the worst offensive player in the NBA. The worst.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 22, 2008 -> 08:56 PM)
I never understood why Wallace always tried so many fancy layups around the basket.... whats wrong with dunking the damn ball.

I don't understand how you can be 6'9" and miss an uncontested layup. Just put the ball in the basket. Damn.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 07:55 PM)
Well, I like having him much more than ben wallace and do prefer him over ben gordon. And his contract is at least somewhat more tolerable knowing it wasn't us who signed him to it...

I still remember drafting him late in fantasy a few years ago and the big season he had... ^_^

Stay healthy and play hard, Hughes.

Hughes and Wallace both have terrible contracts, but the difference - Hughes actually has value as an NBA player.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)
It's impossible to argue Wallace is a more effective player than Hughes though. Wallace is awful.

Ok, I'll back it up with some "possible" arguments.

Defensively - Wallace is better I'd say. Yes he is declining, and he can't defend bigs like he used to, but come playoff time, I think he'll raise his game when he has to. Larry Hughes' main asset defensively is to steal the ball. And he hasn't been doing that as well as his days back in Washington.

Roland Rating - Wallace has a Roland Rating of -3.0. Hughes' is -4.3. Cleveland was a better team when Hughes' was off the court by 1.4.

Player Roles - The Bulls already have Hinrich, Gordon, Sefolosha and Duhon. How are they going to fit Hughes into that mix? Wallace I'd say has a more defined role with the Cavs.

So those are some arguments. I guess I don't really rate either player that well.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 11:46 PM)
I still don't see why they'd do it. Wallace was a cancer for us and the team is better by him being gone alone. Then you look at Drew Gooden who is still only 26 damn years old, you get Hughes who at least wants the shot (though he's glass and not very good when he takes the shot), and two young players.

You are such a fraud. It's scary.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 10:31 PM)
Wallace won four DOPY awards, and all of a sudden he is trash at the age of 33?

Tyson Chandler was damaged goods as well, correct? :ph34r:

I dunno, but he was trash for the Bulls.

It may be that he was just half-assing it in Chicago, but that wasn't going to change. He could have a resurgence in Cleveland and it still wouldn't make this a bad trade. He was either washed up or apathetic, and either way, he's gotta go.

And just for the record, I always thought Tyson was good. :canada

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 03:38 AM)
I dunno, but he was trash for the Bulls.

It may be that he was just half-assing it in Chicago, but that wasn't going to change. He could have a resurgence in Cleveland and it still wouldn't make this a bad trade. He was either washed up or apathetic, and either way, he's gotta go.

And just for the record, I always thought Tyson was good. :canada

Word, but jackie, you can't be one of the top 10 defenders in NBA history at the age of 30, and then a complete piece of s*** at 33.

Was he utilized properly in his time with Chicago? That's what people need to be asking themselves.

This trade was historically bad. We just picked up two of the absolute dumbest players in the NBA. I can't put into words how stupid these guys are.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 24, 2008 -> 11:14 PM)
Word, but jackie, you can't be one of the top 10 defenders in NBA history at the age of 30, and then a complete piece of s*** at 33.

Was he utilized properly in his time with Chicago? That's what people need to be asking themselves.

This trade was historically bad. We just picked up two of the absolute dumbest players in the NBA. I can't put into words how stupid these guys are.

Gooden is dumb. I don't know that Hughes is dumb. His job has always been to shoot, not think, and dammit if he hasn't done that. And how. And with all that, I still don't mind Gooden as much as Hughes, so maybe dumb ain't so bad?

I really don't think Ben played so badly last year. But he was embarrassingly slow this year. That's why I can't believe it's really an issue of how he was utilized. It may be that he just didn't care any more, and he could well finish the year strong. But even if that's the case, do the Bulls do anything worse than move sideways? If that's the floor, how bad can the trade be?