• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
So why haven't we heard anything about it? It couldn't be that he has to placate his bats*** anti-war groups and keep it on the hush hush, right? With that said, I do agree with you on the missle defense if he's proposed putting in a short range missle defense in its place. I haven't had a chance to catch up on any news today at all except here, so I don't know anymore then what you just posted.

It was mentioned on the ultra-lib NPR report this morning.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 04:35 PM)
So why haven't we heard anything about it? It couldn't be that he has to placate his bats*** anti-war groups and keep it on the hush hush, right? With that said, I do agree with you on the missle defense if he's proposed putting in a short range missle defense in its place. I haven't had a chance to catch up on any news today at all except here, so I don't know anymore then what you just posted.

Because success is boring.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 10:24 PM)
Oh, yes... I keep forgetting. Iraq is pointless.

Christ you are impossible. The cries of blood for oil were in the run up to the Iraq war, where people were protesting attacking Iraq with little connection to 9/11. Actually it was none at all. And then it turned out no WMDs. It was NOT a slogan over afghanistan. It was NOT against taking out top Al Qaida officials.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 02:32 PM)
Christ you are impossible. The cries of blood for oil were in the run up to the Iraq war, where people were protesting attacking Iraq with little connection to 9/11. Actually it was none at all. And then it turned out no WMDs. It was NOT a slogan over afghanistan. It was NOT against taking out top Al Qaida officials.

A few people thought Afghanistan had to do with that, there was plans for an oil pipeline from Central Asia running through there that the really far left thought the Afghan war was all about. I believe Moore mentioned it in F911, which discredited him a fair amount in my mind. But yeah, Afghanistan has very little oil.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 05:05 PM)
terrorists.

More profiles should be done on gates. Guy just quietly does his job and doesn't give a s*** about looks. Oppo. of Rummy. I'm hoping Gates is a fixture for more than TWO presidents now (three?)

Absolutely one of the finest public officials around. The knee-jerk reaction in blogland was to be disappointed that he kept a "Bush holdover" but it's not about that with him, the guy doesn't give a s*** about politics. Unfortunately I don't think he wants to stick around much longer. He's staying only because the president asked him to.

He's been in the government since Ford or Carter, I forget which one, and he was pretty high in the Reagan administration and of course was Bush's DCI so it's definitely more than two presidents, Obama is more like his 5th.

One of the de facto leaders of the GOP proposing segregation:

LIMBAUGH: I think the guy’s wrong. I think not only it was racism, it was justifiable racism. I mean, that’s the lesson we’re being taught here today. Kid shouldn’t have been on the bus anyway. We need segregated buses — it was invading space and stuff. This is Obama’s America.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 05:06 PM)
Because success is boring.

When Mehsud got waxed a few weeks ago, if it had happened 3 years ago there would've been a party on the South Lawn and conservative columnists would be high-fiving each other. It barely made a ripple.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 10:38 PM)
Absolutely one of the finest public officials around. The knee-jerk reaction in blogland was to be disappointed that he kept a "Bush holdover" but it's not about that with him, the guy doesn't give a s*** about politics. Unfortunately I don't think he wants to stick around much longer. He's staying only because the president asked him to.

He's been in the government since Ford or Carter, I forget which one, and he was pretty high in the Reagan administration and of course was Bush's DCI so it's definitely more than two presidents, Obama is more like his 5th.

I might be wrong, but I believe in December there was reports that Gates was openly auditioning/asking for that job.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
This is such a bulls*** out of context accusation. I'm all about calling Limbaugh out for being a jackass, but 60+ seconds into the offending bit, its just bad satire, its not him being a blatant racist.

no no, you're interpreting it wrong. He's not saying we need to protect white kids. The implication is that because of the "racism" that white conservatives see in Obama (talking points memo : Obama hates white people!) blacks think it's okay to beat up innocent white kids in this day and age. Because of our president.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 05:53 PM)
I might be wrong, but I believe in December there was reports that Gates was openly auditioning/asking for that job.

They kept asking him about it but he was being coy. I always got the impression that he wanted to go but if Obama asked him then he'd stay.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 04:32 PM)

Reallllly? I'm so confused, because Iraq = 9/11, at least that's what you people keep telling me that was said over and over. :bang

I was kidding.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 17, 2009 -> 05:55 PM)
Reallllly? I'm so confused, because Iraq = 9/11, at least that's what you people keep telling me that was said over and over. :bang

I was kidding.

I'm starting to think your a closet liberal with all the time you spend in this thread.

kap this AP article is a little less specific but you get the drift.

And in announcing Thursday that the program was shelved, Obama took cover against Republican political opponents by saying the U.S. would instead be deploying new technology and systems that would more capably protect against the Iranian threat.

It doesn't say exactly what systems but they're talking about the same thing in that essay I linked.