• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 09:01 AM)
Hopefully that piece of s*** dies of AIDS.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 30, 2011 -> 09:52 AM)
apparently that incident occurred a year ago, here's the police report for the other perspective

PoliceReportParrot-2.jpg

Nice snap judgment, sqwert. What if the police report is accurate? If the dog was a danger in a crowd and couldn't be controlled enough to wait for a vet tech, what were they supposed to do? Sit there and let it bite them, or other people?

Of course, the likelihood here is that neither the police report, nor the story you responded to, are truly accurate - the truth is somewhere between. Though I have to say, the police report scenario seems a little more believable to me than the idea that a cop walks up to a dog for no reason, that wasn't harming anyone, subdues it, then throws it down some stairs and executes it.

But hey yeah, this cop should die of AIDS. That's classy.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 08:11 AM)
Well there doesn't seem to be any contention that he did throw it down the stairs and then shot it.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/local-bre...t-incident.html

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-sce...hot-parrot.html

Yeah. And if the situation is as the police report suggests, where they couldn't get it under control and it has already attacked, and was a danger to the crowd, and had bit multiple officers... then isolating it and giving it a choice seems like the only reasonable path to me. Sounds awful, but I'd like to hear other suggestions as to what could have been done.

Point is, I find the originally posted story laughable, as it creates the idea that some cop just walked up to a dog that wasn't doing anything wrong, decided to subdue it and kill it, for apparently no reason. Why would that happen? It makes zero sense. But also, I am saying that what is in the police report may not be accurate either, even if it is more believable on its face.

And the idea that the reaction to this should be "I hope he dies of AIDS" disgusts me, and quite frankly is pushing the boundary of acceptable conduct for this forum.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 1, 2011 -> 07:50 AM)
I like the facial expression of the only other non-zombie in the shot. He's like "Rahm... for the love of God, please help us!"

...and Rham is too busy txting to help, yo.

Goldline has been charged with Fraud in California.

Goldline, a company that used endorsements from Glenn Beck and other conservative icons to sell hundreds of millions of dollars to consumers, has been charged with theft and fraud in a 19-count criminal complaint filed Tuesday by local officials in California.

The criminal complaint filed Tuesday by the Santa Monica City Attorney's consumer protection unit marks the latest in a series of allegations it has leveled against the gold dealer, which pioneered the practice of weaving its sales pitches into broadcasts by popular conservative political personalities -- including two former presidential candidates -- to sell hundreds of millions of dollars worth of gold every year.

The complaint alleges that Goldline "runs a bait and switch operation in which customers, seeking to invest in gold bullion, are switched to highly overpriced coins by using false and misleading claims," according to a statement released by the consumer affairs division of the Santa Monica City Attorney's office.

The company has been charged in the court filing with misdemeanors that include theft by false pretenses, false advertising, and conspiracy, the City Attorney's office said. In addition to the charges against the company, the complaint accuses former CEO Mark Albarian, executives Robert Fazio and Luis Beeli, and salespeople Charles Boratgis and Stephanie Howard of defrauding customers. Current CEO Scott Carter is accused of making false or misleading statements. Each of the charged offenses carries a maximum penalty of one year in jail and maximum fines of between $1,000 and $10,000 per offense.