'Anonymous' Hacker Group Gets Palin's Emails

StrangeSox

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 11:31 AM)
I just read yesterday that Bill Clinton sent two emails from his official address while in office, and one was a test. No one uses their official email from the sound of it.

And they (Clinton staff) made a big deal that the White House did not have a network and that Bush Sr. used 3x5 note cards. :lolhitting

It would be interesting to note when that email address was created and what was happening at the time. My guess? She had it before she was Governor and just kept using it.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 10:26 AM)
It totally would

First it was Palin was going to step down from being VP because her daughter is pregnant. Now it's "She's going to jail cause of emails which expose the truth!".

wishful thinking on the Democrats part IMO

Neither of those things was ever suggested or brought up here that I recall.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 11:38 AM)
actually, they both have been.

and no i'm not going to look for them :lol:

You are right, some of the GOP stalwarts predicted the DemHeads here would be screaming for her resignation or that it was wishful thinking on their part. ;)

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:39 PM)
You are right, some of the GOP stalwarts predicted the DemHeads here would be screaming for her resignation or that it was wishful thinking on their part. ;)

Well, there was someone who pretty much predicted she would resign after something came out a couple weeks back. I think he was referencing that.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 11:39 AM)

no it was actually a post with a theory of how Palin was going to step down and make the excuse that she had 'family matters' to attend to.

if the GOP stalwarts predicted that, then they predicted correctly :lol:

found it, from flasoxjim, in closed Palin thread

Is everybody convinced she'll make it to Wednesday night?

If the very interesting McCain camp strategy of "Announce First, Vet Later" ends up turning up enough that Palin becomes radioactive, I assume they will get her to bow out gracefully, citing her parental demands and the desire to stay in Alaska, etc. After she formally accepts on Wednesday, it will take an RNC committee vote to get her off the ticket.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 10:46 AM)
no it was actually a post with a theory of how Palin was going to step down and make the excuse that she had 'family matters' to attend to.

if the GOP stalwarts predicted that, then they predicted correctly :lol:

found it, from flasoxjim, in closed Palin thread

See old Republican guy from Florida :lol:

Not to speak for Flasox,

But I believe the very important part of his post was:

ends up turning up enough that Palin becomes radioactive,

Sounds like it was speculation based on IF they found something "radioactive".

I dont believe that they ever found anything that fit that statement, so not sure the relevance. It was more speculation on what the Republican's would do if Palin had some sort of massive skeleton in her closet...

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 11:53 AM)
I dont think so, but i couldnt tell you who it was either.

I remember, before the thread turned into a steaming pile of s***, that someone suggested the idea that McCain may not have done his homework, and that if that was true, the pick could blow up in his face. I thought that might've been kap but I don't remember.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 10:56 AM)
I remember, before the thread turned into a steaming pile of s***, that someone suggested the idea that McCain may not have done his homework, and that if that was true, the pick could blow up in his face. I thought that might've been kap but I don't remember.

I think I said something along those lines.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 11:55 AM)
Not to speak for Flasox,

But I believe the very important part of his post was:

Sounds like it was speculation based on IF they found something "radioactive".

I dont believe that they ever found anything that fit that statement, so not sure the relevance. It was more speculation on what the Republican's would do if Palin had some sort of massive skeleton in her closet...

sure, wishful thinking speculation. i mean, seriously, is this going to turn into another semantics argument?

if so count me out. :gosox3:

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 11:56 AM)

I said something not quite that far, but along those lines. But I never predicted Palin would be axed.

I do see Fla's post now though - so I stand corrected there. Amazingly though, for as lousy as that thread got, there was very little that went to such an extreme.

All of that revolved around a hypothetical possibility, because at that point very few of us actually knew anything about her, and it seemed like bad news was just pouring out about her. Obviously, all that stopped after her convention speech. McCain supporters are absolutely in love with her now so it's all irrelevant.

Its not a semantics argument, you are changing the entire nature of his post from one that was purely speculative, to one that was "wishing for a certain result."

The post does not have any sort of "wishing" and I doubt that Kap or Northside were "wishing" when they said similar comments.

I think at the time of the posts, people were some what perplexed by the fact that Republicans had selected some one who was so unknown, and with that selection many people felt there was a risk of it blowing up in their face.

I dont really believe that is wishing for one outcome over another, I think that is merely stating an opinion on a subject, hence why it was posed in the form of a question.

/shrug

But people just want to make points and not care.

So far no one has stood up for what was done to Palin, and it seems Democrats in this thread are pretty unified in their stance that this was over the line.

So once again, not sure the relevance of that past statement.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:05 PM)
Its not a semantics argument, you are changing the entire nature of his post from one that was purely speculative, to one that was "wishing for a certain result."

no, not at all. his post obviously was pointing out a scenario that he thought was very plausible and he hoped was going to happen. aka wishful thinking.

...and i'm done with this

congratulations, you are the first member of my distinguished ignore list. these semantical arguments are a complete waste of time and bore me.

I feel honored, I can say that ive been posting here for almost 6 years now and I dont believe that I have ever been added to a persons ignore list.

:)

no, not at all. his post obviously was pointing out a scenario that he thought was very plausible and he hoped was going to happen. aka wishful thinking.

No you are editorializing what you think his post was saying. No where in it does it give any indication of his "wishes" or "desires" that is entirely written in by you. The post itself is merely speculation on the idea that there may be something so damning in Palin's past that she might not have made it as VP.

But seeing as Im on ignore, I doubt you will respond so Im just going to take it as a concession that your argument and logic was obviously flawed.

Thank you good night!

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 05:03 PM)
I should note that Anon hasnt posted the entire account YET. They basically said "we hacked it and got it all. be afraid". As they parse through the e-mails, they may release more.

They posted the passwords and everything. The only problem is that Anon is comprised of millions of people and all it took was one good Samaritan to change it again.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 10:52 AM)
Finding it dispicable is the politically correct stance. Ramp it up ten fold if it was Obama. No, I don't believe I'm paranoid not do I believe my statement is unfounded. Have you been reading the over the top Obama love in this forum for months? And believe me, I toned down the question. Over the top is mild compared to what I wanted to say.

The way you've set this up is that the only possible response for Democrats/ Obama supporters is negative in your eyes. Either they're just being PC and don't really mean it, or they're happy someone had their email account illegally hacked.

Wow, pulled into a scuffle through no fault of my own, a first. :lolhitting

Yes, of course my post in the earlier thread was speculative. And no, I was not projecting any desired outcome onto it. I did wonder what the party would have to do to pull Governor Palin off the ticket if (IF, if IF . . . that's the word that is supposed to indicate the speculative nature of the post) something turned up in the post hoc vetting that was so damaging as to make her non-viable as a running mate. I looked into it and basically learned that a candidate could bow out fairly easily until they formally accept the nomination. After that, it would take an RNC committee vote to replace someone on the ticket.

That would have been an interesting situation, but not necessarily one I was hoping to see unfold. I still feel very strongly that Governor Palin will ultimately be a key factor in the the McCain campaign's undoing, but obviously she has to be on the ticket for that to happen.