'Anonymous' Hacker Group Gets Palin's Emails

StrangeSox

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, this is a blog, but I am linking to it because it has several links in its story from other blogs, news reports, etc. Seems the 'hacker' may be the son of a Tennesee State rep. (A Dem, if interested) And that he has had a history of mental illness (the son).

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 07:46 PM)
Yes, this is a blog, but I am linking to it because it has several links in its story from other blogs, news reports, etc. Seems the 'hacker' may be the son of a Tennesee State rep. (A Dem, if interested) And that he has had a history of mental illness (the son).

Oh thank Goodness, I thought it might have been a Rep or Ind that hacked in :lol: Now I'm hoping the dad(D) used some CIA connection and his son as a cover.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 12:46 AM)

There are thousands of people working on the hack though(Actually, check that, I'm not sure as I didn't see the original thread, but neither did this guy. That's just usually the process).

Oh and that kid is definitely not part of it. When he posts that his e-mail is that under the Anon tag, that pretty much means the last kid on earth who did this is the kid in question. Consider the media and Feds Troll'd.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 08:03 PM)

Oh thank Goodness, I thought it might have been a Rep or Ind that hacked in :lol: Now I'm hoping the dad(D) used some CIA connection and his son as a cover.

You know as well as I that the story will change a hundred times over the next few days as MSM and blogger alike take what little bits or rumor or information they have and run with it. I am not screaming consiracy here or anything. I in no way think that Obama, or anyone working for him had anything to do with this. Someone who is a fan may have, but that remains to be seen. Just referenced that blog because it had numerous links from many different sources so far.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)
You know as well as I that the story will change a hundred times over the next few days as MSM and blogger alike take what little bits or rumor or information they have and run with it. I am not screaming consiracy here or anything. I in no way think that Obama, or anyone working for him had anything to do with this. Someone who is a fan may have, but that remains to be seen. Just referenced that blog because it had numerous links from many different sources so far.

Even if this thing totally blew up and McCain was forced to pick a new VP running mate, I would still vote for him. I think there is a responsibility on the part of a running mate to fully disclose all their skeletons. We can't expect the candidates and their staffs to catch everything. IIRC they can not use the CIA, FBI, etc to check out civilians until after the election. So I would be cutting McCain or Obama a lot of slack in that situation.

And of course if it was proven the candidate knew and chose to ignore it, then they have to face the voters on that decision.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 10:38 PM)
So, just to change gears a bit, who else has a problem with the fact that governor Palin's emails being posted online is a bad thing but the government reading all my emails is a good thing and worthy of the support of both of our presidential candidates?

Why are they reading your emails?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:38 PM)
So, just to change gears a bit, who else has a problem with the fact that governor Palin's emails being posted online is a bad thing but the government reading all my emails is a good thing and worthy of the support of both of our presidential candidates?

You are a communist sympathizer, community organizer, and terrorist, she's a ®

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)
Why are they reading your emails?

Because they're data mining everyone's. And I'm clearly a Democrat.

Anyway, in all seriousness...why is it a good thing for me to give up my privacy to the government but it's a bad thing for someone in the government to lose that same privacy? Whether they're reading my specific ones or not doesn't matter. If Governor Palin isn't breaking any laws then why is it a bad thing for her emails to be made public?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
That doesn't say that they are going to read Balta's emails. I doubt they even know Balta.

hey don't have to know him, that's the beauty of this Act. They watch everyone's to catch people. They other way around, finding a reason for a search warrant presumes people are innocent, that is too hard. So they just search millions of emails for patterns, key words, etc. It's the only way to keep our freedoms

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 10:42 PM)
Because they're data mining everyone's. And I'm clearly a Democrat.

Anyway, in all seriousness...why is it a good thing for me to give up my privacy to the government but it's a bad thing for someone in the government to lose that same privacy? Whether they're reading my specific ones or not doesn't matter. If Governor Palin isn't breaking any laws then why is it a bad thing for her emails to be made public?

While trying not to defend data mining, data mining and reading your emails and making them public are two very different things. Is your address book posted in the NYT? Emails about private matters splashed on FoxNews web page? Date mining is a serious issue, but is not related to this.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
While trying not to defend data mining, data mining and reading your emails and making them public are two very different things. Is your address book posted in the NYT? Emails about private matters splashed on FoxNews web page? Date mining is a serious issue, but is not related to this.

Why should I trust the government with my emails more than you'd trust the New York Times with yours?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:38 PM)

No because I choose to use a strong cipher and good key control on any items I wish to keep private. Simple commercial technology for less than 100 bucks can buy you all sorts of privacy for online evesdroping. Yet its better to transmit, and then worry about the government spying on your personal emails. Meanwhile your privacy is more at risk from the malware you are exposed to, the trojans your machine gets, or the "free" search product that people install on their laptops. Your privacy is up to you. The technology is there to make these items hard to break. The bad guys are using it to hide from the government. And they are looking for them. Not for you and your personal emails.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 12:51 AM)
The bad guys are using it to hide from the government. And they are looking for them. Not for you and your personal emails.

The government makes mistakes all the time, after all it really is just a group of humans. Stuff has a way of happening.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 06:07 AM)
My question is where's the ACLU lawsuits about privacy and all that crap? Oh, I forgot, it's Repulican Sarah Palin.

This seems like a straight forward criminal matter, not a threat to the Constitution, unless I am missing something?? I do not see were her Constitutional rights are being threatened.

But it would be interesting if she would give the ACLU a call for help.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 06:33 AM)
The ACLU will probably defend the hackers saying it's part of their freedom to hack into a public figure's e-mail account if it helps them to know that person better.

:lolhitting

PRIVACY! If this were someone else, the ALCU would be all over this, citing privacy concerns.

It's just funny.