The 5 Steps of Soxtalk's grief status

knightni

QUOTE (knightni @ May 17, 2009 -> 05:32 PM)
Ha! No.

Thome's 500th HR was in 2007.

OK fine. Two highlights. Woot!

I'm not seeing how this team is any better. It's essentially the same team, surrounding AJ, Konerko, Dye and Thome. Sure CQ is good and I think Alexi will come around, but other than that I'm not seeing many tools in our arsenal.

I am also getting multiple levels at once.

1) Denial our offense can't suck this much! it is injuries/slumps wait till it warms up!

2) Anger It does suck this much!

3) Bargaining it could still be entertaining with vet dump and shiny prospects acquisition, prospect callups

4) Depression no trades, no life, vets numbers drop, potential prospects acquired dull, prospects up struggle

5) Acceptance ugh, ten months to spring training where I move back to step one

Thank god for the Blackhawks, they have allowed me to focus my sporting energies elsewhere...however, it'll be back to baseball full-time when the Dead Things close the Hawks out (probably in game 5) and by then it'll just be a rotting corpse to watch.

I haven't watched much baseball so far, but that which I've seen has been depressing. Now with Floyd and Danks pitching terribly this season is on life support. We have nothing to offer.

I'm at step 5, and for the second time in three years, i'm pronouncing the White Sox dead in the mid to late May range on the calendar. To be fair, I also thought we were done after the series at the Metrodome late last September and turned out to be wrong, however my assesment was right in 2007 and I expect it to be right in 2009 again. 2009 and 2007 are just frightningly similar looking. The ONLY hope I have for 2009 is the division we're in, but that's about it. Then again, even that's also my fear since KW might have false hope due to the division we're in and not sell off the veterans for return items.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

they'll make a token run and stay within 4-7 games most of the year. Despite spurts by KC, Det and Min, I don't see anyone running away with this thing. I mean, with the 2 weeks the Sox just had and they're only 5.5 games out and Cle has sucked all year, except in the Sox series, and they're only about 7 games out? I don't care how early it is, those two teams should be way further out than they are.

If they do fall flat and crowds go down, it will be a young/low payroll team next year, which would piss me off

Edited by SoxFan562004