Cubs @ Sox 3:05 CDT on FOX

shipps

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 07:29 PM)
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I like the guy.

I like it that he's on the Cubs, but overall, he's just a bad person and not a very good baseball player. Anyone who ends their season because they can't restrain themselves from arguing with an umpire is a big time loser in my book.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 07:30 PM)
I respect what you are saying, but if every scout thinks this guy is a future stud and he's hit on all levels, then why the hell will he have to change his approach?? That makes little sense. I mean if he needs to change his approach, then are his past accomplishments a mirage?

As he gets older and his reflexes aren't as quick, it's gonna be extremely tough for him to turn on inside fastball with his current stance, and I've seen a couple times already this season. He's had great past success, but don't forget that's with an aluminum bat vs. college pitching and in the minors vs. minor league pitching that don't have advanced scouting reports like they do in the pros (most likely).

He's got talent alright and he's got a chance to be a great player, but eventually he'll have to adjust some. Maybe not right away, but in a couple of years he'll definitely have to change that.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 07:25 PM)
With his current batting style, Beckham likely won't be able to handle any good fastballs on the inner part. He's got his bat pointing towards the pitcher so much and someone his size who doesn't have a ton of strength, it's gonna be real tough for him to get his bat around fast enough. I really think if we want to expect long term success out of Beckham, he's gonna have to change his approach a bit.

He sure powered a pitch on his fists for a hit the AB before it.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 09:12 PM)
Not to mention his first homer came on a fastball inner half....

Like I said before, he'll be able to get away with for a bit while he's younger, and the fastball he did hit wasn't a particularly good one either... also, what do you mean not to mention? That hit "he powered for a single" was a jam shot off the fists that was just out of the reach of Freel.