8/18 - Sox vs. Kansas City 7:11pm CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
Stats v. 'nuanced' perspective i guess. The fact that a real leadoff hitter exists makes the team better makes others better. Just the sort of thing B&B hate.

Spiegel got on Bernstein for apparently giggling like a toddler when Pods misplayed the deep fly in Oakland. Bernstein says he has a separate love for the Sox vs. his love of seeing baseball expected things happen/return to the norm. He also says he just loves watching Pods flop around in the OF from a comedic point of view.

They argued about what the future holds for Pods and how misleading his BABIP is this yr

Just all around entertaining. I hope I dont sound like a B&B fanboy. I would not want a beer with either of those guys, but it's entertaining radio. Especially when someone tries to step up against them. Spiegel is clearly overmatched but gives it his all. Kind of like one of their callers if they had 15 min to go at it.

During all this Boers and McNeil pretty much went off mic and vanished.

if you mean B & B you'd be suprised. They're playing exagerated characters of themselves. Boers is a friend of my brother-in-laws dad and Bernstein a friend of a friend of my uncles and both are actually very nice guys.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 01:57 PM)
if you mean B & B you'd be suprised. They're playing exagerated characters of themselves. Boers is a friend of my brother-in-laws dad and Bernstein a friend of a friend of my uncles and both are actually very nice guys.

Well who am I kidding I would have the beer. But man if some of the things Boers says about Murph is an act, it is one good one.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 02:05 PM)
Well who am I kidding I would have the beer. But man if some of the things Boers says about Murph is an act, it is one good one.

no, he actually despises Murph, that is not an act. I meant in general. It's obvious they screen calls to get meatheads so they can argue with them.

QUOTE (SockMe @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 12:12 PM)
IfLinebrink doesn't pitch, we will win

remember that game a couple of months ago in KC where Steve Stone broke down exactly how to pitch to Jacobs? He said anything above the belt and he can't catch up to it with his uppercut swing; thigh high and he will crush it. He nailed it to a T.

Then go look at the replay of Jacobs' 3-run homer last night and note where AJ set up. Linebrink threw it right to the glove. That ball was right in his wheelhouse.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)
remember that game a couple of months ago in KC where Steve Stone broke down exactly how to pitch to Jacobs? He said anything above the belt and he can't catch up to it with his uppercut swing; thigh high and he will crush it. He nailed it to a T.

Then go look at the replay of Jacobs' 3-run homer last night and note where AJ set up. Linebrink threw it right to the glove. That ball was right in his wheelhouse.

Good point. AJ backed Linebrink after the loss (see quote below), so maybe Linebrink did throw it exactly where AJ wanted it, albeit without movement on it:

>>"He'll be fine," said Pierzynski. "We have all the confidence in the world in him. If we have a lead in the eighth inning [on Tuesday], he'll be out there again."

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)
I just did a comparison of the Sox schedule vs. the Tigers schedule the rest of the way. I think I'm going to throw up.

Hopefully Verlander, Jackson and Porcello get dead arms from Leyland's overuse.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
I just did a comparison of the Sox schedule vs. the Tigers schedule the rest of the way. I think I'm going to throw up.

seems like the Sox play to the level of their competition. So they'll play well against the Bo Sox and Yankees, just to get swept by Cleveland.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 11:57 AM)
My predicted line for Freddy tonight:

5 1/3, 1 run, 5 hits, 2 BBs, 5 Ks.

I think its going to be a good debut.

Here's my prediction:

4 2/3, 5 runs, 8 hits, 6 BB's, 2 K's.

I hope he does a lot better than that. :(

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:27 PM)
Comcast will be showing Peavy pitching live tonight with cut ins starting at 6pm.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

OT: But does anyone know if Flowers is playing tonight?

Edited by SoxAce