Official Boxing Thread

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 11:13 PM)
Mayweather is a f***ing punk.

Haha

What would you be saying if Ortiz's Bumrush Bull-butt ended up cutting Floyd badly and ended up causing a late-fight stoppage for Victor?

You haters are all the same.

Mayweather retaliated against a punk move by a young fighter who couldn't figure Floyd out early on and end result was he paid for his actions

Have a good one bud!

42-0!

Complete punk move by Mayweather. Legal, but punk. He was clearly nervous Ortiz could beat him, because he wouldn't waste his time doing something like that if he wasn't. Just glad I found the fight for free online rather than pay for it. Only way I'd ever pay for a fight is if Mayweather had the balls to fight Pac-Man, but he never will. Oh well.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 12:07 AM)
Complete punk move by Mayweather. Legal, but punk. He was clearly nervous Ortiz could beat him, because he wouldn't waste his time doing something like that if he wasn't. Just glad I found the fight for free online rather than pay for it. Only way I'd ever pay for a fight is if Mayweather had the balls to fight Pac-Man, but he never will. Oh well.

Hater.

Anybody who doesn't think this was a retaliation to Victor's bush-league headbutt is fooling themselves.

Good for you Floyd, teach that punkass noob a lesson.

Floyd will give him a rematch and he'll earn ANOTHER 2.5 million dollars.

Edited by Real

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 01:01 AM)
Haha

What would you be saying if Ortiz's Bumrush Bull-butt ended up cutting Floyd badly and ended up causing a late-fight stoppage for Victor?

You haters are all the same.

Mayweather retaliated against a punk move by a young fighter who couldn't figure Floyd out early on and end result was he paid for his actions

Have a good one bud!

42-0!

Gotta hand it to Mayweather though. He moved around really well out there with you swinging from hit nuts.

Your boy is a complete punk and youre just going to look foolish trying to defend his actions.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 12:12 AM)
Gotta hand it to Mayweather though. He moved around really well out there with you swinging from hit nuts.

Your boy is a complete punk and youre just going to look foolish trying to defend his actions.

Hater, that's all you are, and now you're throwing personal insults into it? Stay classy bro!

Nice way to dodge the fact that Ortiz f***ing bumrushed Mayweather, LOL

At least keep your hatred somehow less obvious!

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 01:14 AM)
Hater, that's all you are, and now you're throwing personal insults into it? Stay classy bro!

Nice way to dodge the fact that Ortiz f***ing bumrushed Mayweather, LOL

At least keep your hatred somehow less obvious!

yeah and Ortiz was punished by getting a point taken away. Floyd wants to make a statement then keep embarrassing Ortiz throughout the fight instead of being a jackass.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 12:16 AM)
yeah and Ortiz was punished by getting a point taken away. Floyd wants to make a statement then keep embarrassing Ortiz throughout the fight instead of being a jackass.

Ortiz was punished by getting a f***ing point taken away? LOL

Ortiz started this WHOLE thing. Plain and simple. Why do you think he was laughing after the fight was over? He knew what he did caused this whole thing to unfold!

Are you kidding me with this s*** man? You're so blind to blatantly IGNORE what Ortiz did and completely put all the blame on Floyd? You have GOT to be kidding me!

"He got a point taken away!"

SMH

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 01:18 AM)

Ortiz started this WHOLE thing. Plain and simple. Why do you think he was laughing after the fight was over? He knew what he did caused this whole thing to unfold!

Are you kidding me with this s*** man? You're so blind to blatantly IGNORE what Ortiz did and completely put all the blame on Floyd? You have GOT to be kidding me!

SMH

oh the irony....

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 12:23 AM)
oh the irony....

alright dude, you have your opinion, I have mine, if you wanna talk about other parts of the fight, I'm game

Floyd's handspeed was faster than I thought it'd be at 34 years old... He hasn't lost any of his handspeed, which is good for him

His footwork looks way worse than it did a few years ago, so his legs may truly be gone... He didn't look comfortable having to fight Ortiz toe-to-toe

You have to admit, Floyd was stalking Ortiz for most of the fight...

Have no quants with what Floyd did. Was it dirty? sure, but it was legal. Ortiz had him by the ropes then loses his cool since he couldn't get a good punch to his face and head butts him. Then he apologized with a kiss on his cheek then apologizes again before Floyd pulled the punk move and dropped him. Floyd was probably gonna win the fight anyways IMO (had control for most of it) but if you want to be considered the best (and he does) the great ones don't need to pull crap like that to win a fight. He doesn't give a s*** what anyone thinks of him and at times, thats what makes him so good mentally, but eventually it will catch up to him if he continues to pull these shenanigans. I still think he will eventually fight Pac-Man (and honestly Pac-man is probably the only guy I can see taking Floyd out, who I had winning this fight against Ortiz BTW) but he will, as usual, pick his spot to do it. (either with Pac-Man worn down from fighting more, or Floyd fighting with alot of time off) Tonight, he lived up to his nickname. He was "money."

ESPN Main page~ http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/69839...ko-victor-ortiz

Ortiz was getting tagged repeatedly by Mayweather right hands for most of the fight. Mayweather was making it look oh-so easy, as he usually has during a career that obviously will send him to the Hall of Fame.

But in the fourth round, Ortiz found some success. He landed a couple of hard shots that had Mayweather shaking his head, as if say he did not feel them. But then Ortiz drove Mayweather into the corner post. Instead of following up with punches, Ortiz drove his head toward Mayweather's face as if to intentionally head-butt him. Cortez immediately called time and deducted a point from Ortiz.

Then the fight turned somewhat surreal.

As Cortez was calling time, Ortiz -- seemingly acknowledging his wrongdoing -- hugged Mayweather in the corner and even appeared to kiss him.

Then Cortez waived them back together and they touched gloves. But with Cortez looking away from the fighters, Mayweather unloaded a left hook and a flush right hand to Ortiz's face.

Ortiz dropped and was unable to beat Cortez's count as the crowd of 14,687 -- clearly an Ortiz house -- went absolutely wild.

"In the ring, you have to protect yourself at all times," Mayweather said. "After it happened, we touched gloves and we were back to fighting and then I threw the left hook and right hand after the break. You just gotta protect yourself at all times."

During the lead-up to the fight, Ortiz's trainer, Danny Garcia, had accused Mayweather of using his elbows and being a dirty fighter.

But it was Ortiz (29-3-2, 22 KOs) who turned dirty with the head-butt, not Mayweather, who was well within his rights to throw the punches that ended the fight.

If you know anything about ESPN, it's that they've had an agenda against Floyd (between PTI, Around the Horn, numerous hosts), and for them to clearly state it was Ortiz that committed the dirty fouls, well, I stand by what I said. I just finished watching commentary from what seems to be another american broadcast of the fight and both commentators are in agreement that Floyd didn't do anything wrong except for ending a fight earlier than he could've probably controlled (suggesting that he would've won the fight eventually, giving the fans their "Money's worth")

Larry Merchant: "He took some of Ortiz's good shots. For once, we can all say.. He was as exciting in the ring, as he was outside of the ring."

Jim Lampley: "Harold Lederman, I'm sitting here saying that was legal, but I'm not the final authority, your call on that?"

Harold Lederman: "Well Jim, I gotta tell ya, to me it looked like Joe Cortez called time in, and then Floyd jumped on him, and knocked him out. It's protect yourself at all times, it was legal."

Edited by Real

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 12:13 AM)
of course Floyd will give him a rematch because it will be another reason for him to puss out of a fight against Manny.

I was listening to the radio out here in Vegas yesterday and they think the fight will probably happen next year as long as Floyd can stay out of jail...there is just too much money on the table and the clock is ticking on both of these guys...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 02:38 AM)
I was listening to the radio out here in Vegas yesterday and they think the fight will probably happen next year as long as Floyd can stay out of jail...there is just too much money on the table and the clock is ticking on both of these guys...

Manny has to take the test, Floyd isn't budging on that and honestly he shouldn't. Shane Mosley beat NSAC standard uring testing, and Victor Conte calls current testing standards "An IQ test, easy to beat."

Take the test Manny and become #43 !

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 02:56 AM)
Manny has to take the test, Floyd isn't budging on that and honestly he shouldn't. Shane Mosley beat NSAC standard uring testing, and Victor Conte calls current testing standards "An IQ test, easy to beat."

Manny said he would.

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 02:56 AM)

I hope you know how incredibly idiotic you're making yourself look in this thread tonight.

I came into this fight as a Mayweather fan but that's long gone. It was a b**** move. Say what you want about the headbutt, but it was out of adrenaline/frustration. That was the cheapest "knockout" I've ever seen. I compare it to 2 guys at a bar talking s***, then all of the sudden somebody's boy comes out of left field and sucker punches him.

Unless its Maywweather/Ortiz 2 or Mayweather/Pacquiao, I'll never be watching Floyd fight again.

And watching it in his home town of Grand Rapids, MI made it all the more unbearable for me. And his post-fight interview was unbelievable. If you're willingly calling yourself a Mayweather fan and lauding him after this fight, you need your head examined.

42-0 means absolutley nothing now too. Right now, his legacy is 2 cheap shots, being afraid of Pacquiao and going after an 80 year old ring reporter. Keep it classy bro. He's the perfect example of the worst case scenario of money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J7JoqN74ho

Awful.

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 12:18 AM)

SMH

You can't be serious. This isn't a street fight, it's a professional boxing match. BY RULE, he attempted to headbutt him and the fight was paused and Ortiz lost a point. That is the proper punishment. Headbutting someone doesn't mean you get 2 free cheap shots. No one is ignoring the fact that Ortiz started it with the headbutt, but if you're going to beat someone, wait until they're ready to fight.

There is no way you can say that Mayweather won a fair fight. He didn't. It was a b**** move. He knows it. Ortiz knows it. Everyone that watched knows it.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 03:21 AM)
I hope you know how incredibly idiotic you're making yourself look in this thread tonight.

I came into this fight as a Mayweather fan but that's long gone. It was a b**** move. Say what you want about the headbutt, but it was out of adrenaline/frustration. That was the cheapest "knockout" I've ever seen. I compare it to 2 guys at a bar talking s***, then all of the sudden somebody's boy comes out of left field and sucker punches him.

Unless its Maywweather/Ortiz 2 or Mayweather/Pacquiao, I'll never be watching Floyd fight again.

And watching it in his home town of Grand Rapids, MI made it all the more unbearable for me. And his post-fight interview was unbelievable. If you're willingly calling yourself a Mayweather fan and lauding him after this fight, you need your head examined.

42-0 means absolutley nothing now too. Right now, his legacy is 2 cheap shots, being afraid of Pacquiao and going after an 80 year old ring reporter. Keep it classy bro. He's the perfect example of the worst case scenario of money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J7JoqN74ho

Awful.

Every commentator so far has called it a legal knock out. Go be butthurt somewhere else.

"I came into this fight as a Mayweather fan"

Bulls***. He was absolutely schooling Ortiz for 4 straight rounds. Listen to the commentary, except for Lampley who tries to portray a fight as being competitive when in reality Merchant, and Steward both stating how Floyd is dismantling Ortiz (Look at the 4th round, Floyd started unloading on him with combinations, VINTAGE Mayweather).

Sorry you wanna give a kid a mulligan for f***ing throwing his skull into and busting up Mayweather's mouth (and yes, he was busted up, watch the post-fight. blood coming out of his mouth), and then repeatedly trying to hug and kiss and say he's sorry. I'm glad Mayweather KO'd that scrub the way he did. I wouldn't say that normally but he f***ing HEADBUTTED HIM INTENTIONALLY. All bets are off after that, bud.

Haha, every BOXER coming out on twitter right now supporting Floyd.

"Protect yourself at all times. This is boxing. When some1 hits you once, don't look n e where else, cover your face! Once the ref says go, you better put your hands up, esp after you got deducted for an intentional headbutt, cuz your opponent doesn't have to accept your apology. And what the hell was that kiss all about?"

- NONITO DONAIRE

Floyd clearly knew Ortiz wasn't ready for the punch and their was some confusion, but if Ortiz didn't land that incredibly cheap head butt it never happens and I feel no sympathy for him. Floyd taught the kid a lesson, quit trying to hug me and keep your hands up... Not the best way for a fight to end but it is what it is.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 18, 2011 -> 04:28 AM)
Floyd clearly knew Ortiz wasn't ready for the punch and their was some confusion, but if Ortiz didn't land that incredibly cheap head butt it never happens and I feel no sympathy for him. Floyd taught the kid a lesson, quit trying to hug me and keep your hands up... Not the best way for a fight to end but it is what it is.

Not for the fans, definitely, but Floyd was f***ing vintage in that 4th round.. the combos at the beginning were sharp as hell, Ortiz had no chance in this fight.

If Floyd's legs are truly starting to go and he has to fight like this from now on, hell yeah.

unledbkd.jpg

that's just about 6 punches landed for Ortiz per round. lol