Official Boxing Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 11:33 PM)
Gabriel Rosario was ridiculously bloodied by Genaddy Golovkin tonight.

Rosado didn't quit though. Bastard kept fighting. Did you see after the fight when they embraced Rosado told him he wanted to fight him again. lol I think Golovkin invited him to come train with him.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jan 20, 2013 -> 02:30 PM)
Rosado didn't quit though. Bastard kept fighting. Did you see after the fight when they embraced Rosado told him he wanted to fight him again. lol I think Golovkin invited him to come train with him.

Yeah, Golovkin invited him to his gym.

a lot of people are saying some ridiculous s*** about GGG (horrible defense, no head movement, both of which aren't entirely accurate despite what the mouth breathers on HBO tell you). I give him full credit for the win and I'm one of the few that thought he looked excellent against a guy that decided to run away from the 2nd round on

QUOTE (Real @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 04:17 PM)
a lot of people are saying some ridiculous s*** about GGG (horrible defense, no head movement, both of which aren't entirely accurate despite what the mouth breathers on HBO tell you). I give him full credit for the win and I'm one of the few that thought he looked excellent against a guy that decided to run away from the 2nd round on

I thought he looked damn good, but I'm just getting into boxing.

He did look good. He probably doesn't have enough head movement, but that can be fixed. And if it is true that he had been ill, the less movement the better for him. He didn't need it. And I certainly wouldn't categorize Rosado as running away. There was certainly some element of self-preservation, but I think he was simply trying to find a point of attack and struggled to do so. I give Rosado a lot of credit for hanging in there as long as he did. Many others would have shut it down much sooner.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

summary of last night

Dawson is done, Stevenson may get one defense of that belt

Gamboa's career is going down the drain rapidly, he's in his early 30s fighting no-namers in Montreal, in a weak-ass division. if he moves up to 140 he'll be severely outsized by real JWWs

Maidana did what he does, since joining Robert Garcia, pseudo boxing/mostly brawling. not sure how he beat Matthysse 3x in the AMs

I'd pick Angulo and Lara to beat Canelo after seeing their fight last night. Lara is a bit more flawed than I realized though

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...