Quentin

Little Nell

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 12:33 PM)
But then having both Jones and Quentin in the lineup means that we will have two homer happy guys in the everyday lineup who will not hit above .250, and possibly 3 if we go with Flowers at catcher, do we really want that?

First of all...I wouldn't care about that at all if they put up decent OBP's.

More importantly though...what makes you think Andruw Jones will be back next year?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 12:23 PM)
First of all...I wouldn't care about that at all if they put up decent OBP's.

More importantly though...what makes you think Andruw Jones will be back next year?

I was quoting the a post, obviously I was just analyzing the scenario the OP mentioned.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 11:33 AM)
if Quentin is willing to accept a full time DH at the young age of 29, then I think the Sox will be more than happy to keep him.

I am mean Quentin at DH can put up something like .250-30-100, and with more upside because his confidence will not be affected by his poor defense, and will keep him healthy thus leading to even better production

But then having both Jones and Quentin in the lineup means that we will have two homer happy guys in the everyday lineup who will not hit above .250, and possibly 3 if we go with Flowers at catcher, do we really want that?

Tyler Flowers is going to have to make some huge adjustments in a hurry if he wants to play in the big leagues.

If you recall earlier this year, Flowers was really struggling in AAA then started hitting and it was mentioned Walker and the Sox tried to change his swing and he struggled with it and went back to what was working for him. The "change" was trying to make it shorter. Its extremely long and he struggled again with it after a little hot streak and has fanned both is major league ABs this year, and now has fanned over half his major league AB. You can get away with it at the lower levels, and its actually become a little longer as he's gone on. If he can't shorten his swing, he's going to be in a beer league pretty soon.

Edited by Dick Allen