ST: 3/5 Sox-Indians

flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 01:29 PM)
Floyd starting

Milledge LF, Beckham 2B, Rios CF, Konerko 1B, Quentin DH, Teahen 3B, Viciedo RF, Castro C, Vizquel SS

Paulie turns 35 today.

Dislike! Age the other way, Paulie!

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)
Double for the birthday boy. He ain't old yet.

Wasted effort as Quentin pops up, Teahen flies to left and Viciedo strikes out. Thank you Konerko for not having your head up your ass and happy birthday!

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
2-0 Indians. Error by Teahen at 3B. Just release the guy...please. Cut your losses.

If they did release Teahen, how much money do they owe him? I don't know how contracts work in the MLB when a player with a large contract is cut...

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
Baseball contracts are guaranteed money. They'd be on the hook for 4.75 this year, and 5.5 next year, so it probably won't happen. Just wishful thinking.

I still do not know why KW signed him for that much without Teahen even playing for the Sox. He can be a super sub but not at 4.5 and 5 mil.

In my book, it's Kenny's worst move as GM. Not the trade, but the extension.

I'm sure he regrets it...he has to.

QUOTE (bulokis @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)
I still do not know why KW signed him for that much without Teahen even playing for the Sox. He can be a super sub but not at 4.5 and 5 mil.

I don't see how they could put him at 3B during the season. They're covered with Morel and Vizquel.

The only place I could see him going is RF, maybe once every couple weeks, or if Quentin has an injury here and there, which he usually does. Hopefully Teahen rides the pine a lot, and gets less than 200 AB's.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
If they did release Teahen, how much money do they owe him? I don't know how contracts work in the MLB when a player with a large contract is cut...

They'd have to pay his entire contract.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
Teahen is definitely not with the Sox on Opening Day...........KW will have to eat most of that contract. He's gone, I think he was gone even before today's developments.

So they will just cut him outright and eat the contract? I don't see that happening, unfortunately. Would be nice if they did it though and didn't worry about the payroll ramifications...

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)
So they will just cut him outright and eat the contract? I don't see that happening, unfortunately. Would be nice if they did it though and didn't worry about the payroll ramifications...

Unless you think someone is willing to trade for him in exchange for a bag of balls and us paying 80% of the contract...

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Mar 5, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)

Or, no one claims him off waivers and he sits in Charlotte all summer until he gets humbled and accepts some buy out. I'm not really sure, just my gut that there is no way he breaks with the team.