2011-2012 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:51 AM)
LOL, I checked out a Flyers message board. The first thread was a poll:"Still a Flyers fan?" Only 48.94% were a definite yes.

I think the correct response is ... "Philadelphia."

According to just about every hockey analyst (LeBrun, McKenzie, etc), the 'Hawks will start talks with Sharp's agent, once again, near summer's end.

Anybody here think they can keep Campoli, Frolik, Brouwer, Stalberg, Sharp, AND sign a guy like Erik Cole?

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 12:38 PM)
The best idea I saw for a name was the Winnipeg Phoenix.

This team will always be the ThrasherJets to me.

Winnipeg Phoenix wouldn't have been bad, but maybe when the Coyotes move to Quebec City soon, they can be called the Quebec City Phoenix? :lol:

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 12:38 PM)
The best idea I saw for a name was the Winnipeg Phoenix.

Yes, let's forever remind the fan-base we want to reclaim where the franchise wound up last time the NHL f***ed them.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)
So which city is the early favorite to receive the next relocation of the Jets?

You mean the Coyotes? Or Panthers? Or Predators? Or Islanders?

Probably Quebec City, Kansas City, Hartford, Seattle, Portland, Hamilton...in roughly that order IMO (maybe throw Milwaukee somewhere in there)

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

Let's move the Islanders to Quebec to be the Nordiques, move the Blue Jackets to Hartford to be the Whalers, move the Coyotes to Kansas City to be the Scouts, move the Predators to Oakland to be the Seals, move the Panthers to Cleveland to be the Barons, and then hockey will be PURE AGAIN.

Then they can give an expansion team to Atlanta and call them the Firebirds (a nod to the Flames and the Thrashers) and then two weeks later move them to Denver to be the Colorado Rockies!!!

Just heard on The Score that there are rumors B. Campbell has been traded to Columbus. I am skeptical of anyone picking up that contract, but could be interesting...

All over Twitter, too. That would be a huge move. I really love Campbell but he just isn't worth his near-max deal. If he was playing at half his salary, he would be perfect for this team. Very underrated defensively.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 05:43 PM)
Just heard on The Score that there are rumors B. Campbell has been traded to Columbus. I am skeptical of anyone picking up that contract, but could be interesting...

All over Twitter, too. That would be a huge move. I really love Campbell but he just isn't worth his near-max deal. If he was playing at half his salary, he would be perfect for this team. Very underrated defensively.

That would be awesome. It would make the FA period a bit more fun.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 05:43 PM)

Um, what the f***?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
Um, what the f***?

Um, yes. People bashed him when he came here for his defense. But he was very solid this year and last year. You don't have a +28 being bad defensively. He was better than Seabrook this year, and many times was playing better than Keith.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 06:01 PM)
Um, yes. People bashed him when he came here for his defense. But he was very solid this year and last year. You don't have a +28 being bad defensively. He was better than Seabrook this year, and many times was playing better than Keith.

He's not good defensively. Do you watch games, or just look at stats?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 06:42 PM)

I do watch games, but you can look at stats, too. You simple can't be bad defensively and put up a +28.

He is much better defensively than his reputation said when the Hawks signed him. Is he a top-10 defensive defensemen in the NHL? No. But he didn't hurt us this year in the least.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 06:42 PM)

You can't deny that he helped the Blackhawks immensely when he came back though. They definitely needed the boost, but the possibility of getting that contract off our hands is HUGE. Sure, he makes some mistakes sometimes, but he also helps a ton when the offense can't get anything going. The cap raise, plus dumping Campbell, gives the Hawks an absolute ton of freedom for free agents, trades, and extending Sharp.