7/19 GT: Sox @ Royals, 7:10pm

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be heading out to this one tonight, making the 5 hour round-trip to catch the boys play. (I decided not to go to the game last night with Buehrle on the clock.) First time at Kauffman, should be exciting. $36 for third row behind the Sox dugout, nice.

Let's get it done, Peavy! :gosox1: :headbang

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 10:59 AM)
it is so, so key to this team's season for Dunn to snap out of this horrific slump/season. PK/Dunn/TCQ would look so much better if Dunn was his usual self.

I just don't think it's going to happen. We are reaching the end of July with no signs of progress at all.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 11:00 AM)
I just don't think it's going to happen. We are reaching the end of July with no signs of progress at all.

Yeah, Adam Dunn needs a few months away from the game. In all honesty, he needs to be sent to AAA in favor of Viciedo for this team to stand a shot.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 11:30 AM)
Yeah, Adam Dunn needs a few months away from the game. In all honesty, he needs to be sent to AAA in favor of Viciedo for this team to stand a shot.

He has the right to refuse a demotion, do you think he'll accept it?

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 07:25 AM)
I'll be heading out to this one tonight, making the 5 hour round-trip to catch the boys play. (I decided not to go to the game last night with Buehrle on the clock.) First time at Kauffman, should be exciting. $36 for third row behind the Sox dugout, nice.

Let's get it done, Peavy! :gosox1: :headbang

I'm jealous.

I'll probably be heading to the mid-September series in KC, depending on whether we're in the hunt or not.

Have fun. :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)
Dunn is going nowhere lower than 4th in the lineup. In fact, wouldn't be at all surprised to see him in there today since Ozzie says he's giving AJ and JP a day off (yes, he hits better against LH pitching, but stats are for fans).

And I understand that Morel will be starting the next two days against lefties, who he hits .191 against. Somebody please inform Ozzie of the fact that platoon stats are often very individual-specific, and don't follow the usual convention.

Is there anyone in the org that would actually point out such information?

I'm looking for Dunn to be brought in as a pinch hitter against a lefty sometime soon.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
And I understand that Morel will be starting the next two days against lefties, who he hits .191 against. Somebody please inform Ozzie of the fact that platoon stats are often very individual-specific, and don't follow the usual convention.

Is there anyone in the org that would actually point out such information?

I'm looking for Dunn to be brought in as a pinch hitter against a lefty sometime soon.

FWIW Teahen only hits .083 against LHP

Edited by earthshiner

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 01:13 PM)

So wait, today's lineup is going to include

Juan Pierre

Brent Morel

Adam Dunn

Tyler Flowers

Alex Rios

That's not exactly what I'd call scary.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2011 -> 10:26 AM)
So wait, today's lineup is going to include

Juan Pierre

Brent Morel

Adam Dunn

Tyler Flowers

Alex Rios

That's not exactly what I'd call scary.

I don't think Pierre is supposed to play today. Bet it's Lillibridge. Scary enough?