The last of KC in 2011 - 9/25 GT - 1:05pm WGN

knightni

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
That I won't srgue with, but ewveryone was calling Viciedo the next Babe Ruth-our savior-etc and he just has not come through since being up.

But, we just watched Dunn-De Aza and Morel go down 1-2-3 on strike outs in the 9th. Holland ends with 4 K's to win it for KC. So frustrating to have the chance in the bottom of the 8th with the bases juiced and Dayan "Babe Ruth" Vicideo at bat and take a called third strike

The only time "savior" was used in sentences with "Viciedo" was when the people that DIDN'T want him called up would say, "Viciedo won't be a savior to this team." People that wanted him called up simply said that he would help a struggling offense and/or be a surefire upgrade from Dunn. I wish people would read better.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 10:27 PM)
The only time "savior" was used in sentences with "Viciedo" was when the people that DIDN'T want him called up would say, "Viciedo won't be a savior to this team." People that wanted him called up simply said that he would help a struggling offense and/or be a surefire upgrade from Dunn. I wish people would read better.

The end of this year can't come soon enough.

Dayan, who I think will be great, has what, one home run? I can't believe he took that first pitch in that last at bat. What a meat ball. I know we want him disciplined, but then he swings at a horrible curve in the dirt and it's 0-2. I figured no way he'd get a hit after that, even against KC.

Man, the Royals officially own the Sox, too.

This team better figure a way to compete in divisional games. It's pretty piss poor and team won't contend next year AGAIN if it keeps up this s*** play vs. the Central.

You Hawk haters can hate on him all you want, but there's only one announcer in baseball who would have said what he said today.

He said it was unbelievable to him and he repeated in a loud voice, unbelievable, that a team with this talent finished under .500.

Nobody gets away with that, except Sox announcers.

Most announcers suck the company line.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2011 -> 10:38 PM)
You Hawk haters can hate on him all you want, but there's only one announcer in baseball who would have said what he said today.

He said it was unbelievable to him and he repeated in a loud voice, unbelievable, that a team with this talent finished under .500.

Nobody gets away with that, except Sox announcers.

Most announcers suck the company line.

Hawk is the quintessential company man. I usually hate him, so trust me when I say that he's been better the last few weeks. I think the reason for that, though, is that the company line is changing against Ozzie. So he's not speaking out against the company. The company's view just changed.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 05:11 AM)
Hawk is the quintessential company man. I usually hate him, so trust me when I say that he's been better the last few weeks. I think the reason for that, though, is that the company line is changing against Ozzie. So he's not speaking out against the company. The company's view just changed.

Have you listened to other teams' announcers?

What Hawk said today would get most fired.