2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 08:24 PM)
I've barely seen any of them play. The Hoosiers look more explosive from that extremely limited sampling, but the OSU guys have a much clearer path to major minutes since there are two starting spots open.

One thing is for sure, the conference is going to be f***ing torture the next few years, I hope it doesnt hurt our seeds in the dance. Once again holding serve at home and hopefully taking a few on the road is going to be how you win a conf championship. I was ready to concede next year's but with Thomas back we have a chance. IU, MSU, OSU, WI, UM and maybe even PU if their freshman are as good as advertised are all going to be very dangerous next year.

And the similarities between OSU football fans and IU bball fans are very funny sometimes.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 10:40 AM)
Oh you're KIDDING me that Scott Drew illegally contacted recruits hundreds of times.

He basically did a Kelvin Sampson and so did their womens coach. They also paid scouts, convinced AAU coaches to lie to the NCAA among other infractions. FTM comes with a pretty harsh penalty at times, definitely scholarship reductions and MAYBE vacating wins.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 03:31 PM)
That little guy right? Forgot his name. They have a good one coming in behind Burke as well.

Spike Albrecht. He's from the same conference I broadcast in. Tough kid, great shooter, nice handles. Big drawback is he is a bit short.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 03:32 PM)
Spike Albrecht. He's from the same conference I broadcast in. Tough kid, great shooter, nice handles. Big drawback is he is a bit short.

Light too IIRC. The PG's in the Big Ten are pretty physical these days so we'll see where the guy fits in. There's going to be some really good guard and wing play in the conference for years to come. Its too bad post play has been one and done for the most part otherwise that would be good as well.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 03:36 PM)
Light too IIRC. The PG's in the Big Ten are pretty physical these days so we'll see where the guy fits in. There's going to be some really good guard and wing play in the conference for years to come. Its too bad post play has been one and done for the most part otherwise that would be good as well.

Average build at best.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 03:45 PM)
And Novak that just graduated from Michigan. Also Glenn Robinson's kid and Mitch McGary who are at Michigan next year as well.

Wow, didnt realize all of that. GR is going to be a beast, I heard that McGary was fat, slow and limping at the last tourney he played in. Any insight on that?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
Wow, didnt realize all of that. GR is going to be a beast, I heard that McGary was fat, slow and limping at the last tourney he played in. Any insight on that?

I haven't seen Mitch live since three years ago. I watched him play a prep game on ESPN very early in the season, and he looked amazing. Work ethic on and off of the floor has always been his issue, so I wouldn't be shocked if he started reading his own press and slacked off again. This is a kid who almost failed out of school as a sophomore.

He also played the single best game of HS basketball I have ever seen, so you can't teach that part.

Trey needs to learn to play hard for an entire game, if he does that, he will be a very good player. He has NBA type athletic ability, but just goes hard for spurts.

The conference already has a couple of other young kids to keep an eye on for the next couple of years too.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 03:55 PM)
Wisconsin adds Sam Dekker next year, supposedly the most talented player Wisconsin has ever gotten.

I can only see Scout rankings but he is up there as far as positional rankings. Is he a legacy or something? He really only holds a badger offer.

Not a legacy, his dad is the coach at the HS and I think Wisconsin was one of the first schools to offer. Im pretty sure when Wisconsin offered he was a 3/4*, but that was mainly because he was at a small school. Once he started getting press, his stock has risen exponentially.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 04:24 PM)
Not a legacy, his dad is the coach at the HS and I think Wisconsin was one of the first schools to offer. Im pretty sure when Wisconsin offered he was a 3/4*, but that was mainly because he was at a small school. Once he started getting press, his stock has risen exponentially.

I see #6 PF, thats pretty damn good.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 11:48 AM)
maybe even PU if their freshman are as good as advertised are all going to be very dangerous next year.

Do they have anything decent besides Hammons coming in? I thought 2013 was supposed to be their "good" class. I am intrigued to see what Hammons can do, though.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 11:48 AM)
And the similarities between OSU football fans and IU bball fans are very funny sometimes.

Ew. :lolhitting

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 10:03 PM)
Do they have anything decent besides Hammons coming in? I thought 2013 was supposed to be their "good" class. I am intrigued to see what Hammons can do, though.

Ew. :lolhitting

Hammons will have to considerably improve his conditioning next year to make a serious impact. He's going to foul out in 10 minutes a few times next year. Purdue needs some shooters, BAD.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 11:11 AM)
He basically did a Kelvin Sampson and so did their womens coach. They also paid scouts, convinced AAU coaches to lie to the NCAA among other infractions. FTM comes with a pretty harsh penalty at times, definitely scholarship reductions and MAYBE vacating wins.

I heard Sampson held a recruiting seminar a couple of years ago. I believe Drew sat in the front row!

I can't personally verify it, but it has been reported at least amongst IU circles, that one of his assistants told Hanner Perea's coach (by voicemail or text) that if Perea chose IU he would never see IU's campus because he had enough info to get him deported out of the country. Of course, if he went to Baylor, all would be just fine. Stay Classy Waco

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 02:15 PM)
Burke changed his mind and is now coming back to Michigan. Alot of good PG's within the conference.

I love it. The Big Ten is going to be so damned good, I can't wait to be right there in the thick of it competing with the best. That's what makes college basketball great. Now let's get Watford to join Burke and Thomas.