King Liriano and the Good Guys Wearing Red vs. Halos

Steve9347

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 07:19 PM)
Tank needs to start hitting ASAP.. He has been brutal lately

You can't keep waiting around for him to snap out of it though when you're in a pennant race. If the Sox were well out of the race, then of course you let him start for the rest of the year. His bat speed is awful compared to a few months ago.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 02:19 PM)
It's amazing how much worse the lineup is without AJ in it to balance out all the righties at the bottom of it.

With Alexi and Tank you have 2 very streaky hitters and Beckham is what he is going to be. When you insert Flowers for AJ, it's pretty much a lost day at that position. I know he doesn't play often but, I'm surprised at the lack of power from Flowers.

Only guys I have confidence in coming through now is Rios, DeAza and Youk because he'll at least have a productive AB.

You can't keep waiting around for him to snap out of it though when you're in a pennant race. If the Sox were well out of the race, then of course you let him start for the rest of the year. His bat speed is awful compared to a few months ago.

Not like we have someone who's a better hitter than him waiting in the wings to take his place...

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 5, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
Not like we have someone who's a better hitter than him waiting in the wings to take his place...

Then you go out and pick up a waiver claim that can at least hit over .230 against RHP. It really shouldn't be that hard.