8/5 Game thread vs Yankees. 7:00, CSN

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 07:38 PM)
The important thing down the stretch is the production of our future pieces. If we lose, I want to lose with our talented young players doing well (and our pitchers kicking ass)...basically exactly like we have during the losing streak.

I don't pretend to know much about our minor leaguers, but all I ever hear is how bad they are and how bad our system has been for years. Nate Jones, Quintana, Reed, Santiago, Sale, Beckham, Alexei Ramirez, Viciedo - not terrible production coming from a team's minor leagues. Granted, no superstars, but decent depth. Again, I'm not saying any of them are great, but they're all legit major leaguers.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 11:32 PM)
I don't pretend to know much about our minor leaguers, but all I ever hear is how bad they are and how bad our system has been for years. Nate Jones, Quintana, Reed, Santiago, Sale, Beckham, Alexei Ramirez, Viciedo - not terrible production coming from a team's minor leagues. Granted, no superstars, but decent depth. Again, I'm not saying any of them are great, but they're all legit major leaguers.

Sale is obviously great.

Alexei never played in the minors, so he doesn't count. This organization can produce pitchers but we absolutely can not develop young hitters, that needs to change.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 5, 2013 -> 09:34 PM)
Sale is obviously great.

Alexei never played in the minors, so he doesn't count. This organization can produce pitchers but we absolutely can not develop young hitters, that needs to change.

I thought about the Sale thing after I posted it, so strike that.

And we signed Alexei, so I give the Sox credit for that. It's splitting hairs, but I think the Sox should get some credit for developing him on the major league level.