Who's your favorite cinderella team?

I'm already out with Iowa (alma mater) and OU (dad's) losing...

Harvard is a great story...with Amaker and his wife there in Cambridge, a bit of redemption, after the failures at Seton Hall and Michigan...and Quin Snyder going down as well from the Coach K tree.

Don't know anything about North Dakota State.

And Dayton's not the kind of team you can ever get excited about.

I hope New Mexico wins this year (Neal's a pretty good guy from everything I've heard) and that Alford goes down in the first or at least 2nd game.

As far as the teams playing today, I'm definitely going to be pulling for Nebraska, even though I hate them in football.

NC Central, Stephen F. Austin, Mercer (they're the ones who knocked out Florida Gulf Coast this year) and Louisiana Lafayette all have exciting players and/or teams.

Then there's always the traditional "cinderella" teams like VCU and Gonzaga to cheer for, although that can get boring too...like when Butler became too hip and trendy, or Florida Gulf Coast with Enfield and his wife last year (well, that was also nice publicity for Chris Sale, so it was tolerable).

Am also interested to see how KU responds without Embiid if they get down 6-8-10 points somehow...and how Iowa State deals with being a prognosticator's favorite, along with MSU.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 21, 2014 -> 07:48 AM)
Usually there's a couple lower seeds that I really root for but this year I'm just all in on the Shockers.

It's strange, but yeah, they're a 1 seed but most don't even think they'll make Sweet 16 , predicting Kentucky will knock them out (assuming UK survives KState), and if they make it there, are predicting Louisville, Duke or Michigan will knock them off.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 21, 2014 -> 06:58 PM)
Mercer

only because my friend played there about 10 years ago now and he's jealous that this team has surpassed what his team did back then.

I've only been to Macon once, to see Andruw Jones play for the Braves in 1994 when he was a teenager.

Also famous for Sherman's March to the Sea.

Wow...what a show Cotton and the Friars are putting on!!

The announcers saying Tokoto would have won the last two NBA dunk titles, haha.

Stephen F. Austin threatening to knock off another Cinderella in VCU/Shaka Smart.

Final thought, how good would Iowa or Iowa State have been with Marcus Paige and/or Harrison Barnes? Sigh.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 21, 2014 -> 09:04 PM)
It was Mercer, but I gotta go with Stone Cold Stephen F. Austin now...just cuz

I know who I'm cheering for against UCLA.

Same conference as Northwestern State...Alford hopefully is already reliving some past nightmares from 2006.

Surely Shaka Smart is...not fouling deliberately in that situation.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-stephe...2#axzz2wlG9wGQ8

Nice informative story about Stephen F. Austin team in the LA Times.

Sounds like a team almost as fun to be around as Florida Gulf Coast.

With only Dayton, we're basically left with SFA, Mercer/Tennessee and Stanford as the only remaining underdogs to battle on. And Gonzaga, I suppose.