GAME THREAD 8/21: SOX @ SEA

cabiness42

It was around this time in the game where the Atlanta scorekeeper switched a hit to an error in an effort to get Lester a no-hitter (AJP singled in the 8th). That play in question should have been an infield single, while this one was a blatant error.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 10:39 PM)
It was around this time in the game where the Atlanta scorekeeper switched a hit to an error in an effort to get Lester a no-hitter (AJP singled in the 8th). That play in question should have been an infield single, while this one was a blatant error.

they better, cause there is no universe in which that was a hit.

Nice hit by Sanchez, very nice, but I wonder why he was trying for three there? No chance in heck he'd make that. Looks like the good Sox showed up tonight again.

I think our team plays it's best baseball when it hits 7, 8 below .500. It kicks butt for a while then hits the skids again.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2015 -> 03:51 AM)
Seattle should be on the phone this offseason shopping Felix to Boston. He's just not the same.

Not to be a broken record, but all pitchers turn to hell, especially ones on big contracts. 180 million dollar contract through 2019.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 22, 2015 -> 03:57 AM)
It is. I knew he was just in a slump. His ceiling is a .280 hitter, really. Interestingly, he hits .188 at home and .280 on the road.

His balance is so much better. He's avoiding the early-in-the-count-weak-groundout