Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ChiSoxFanMike

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Sorry but I don’t buy this at all. Per Spotrac, their 2027 payroll is $84.1 million including arbitration. You can say what you want about Jerry and it’s totally valid to say that they spend poorly, but he has proven to spend when the team is trying to compete. I'm expecting them to have an active offseason. At least one SP, a right handed reliever, and a right handed bat all seem likely.
  2. They really need Sandlin to pitch deep into this game. Or for the offense to explode. I’m assuming most, if not all the high leverage guys won’t be available tonight.
  3. The bottom of this lineup is so putrid.
  4. Braden just isn’t an MLB caliber hitter from the right side.
  5. Martinez got hurt last night and I read DeLauter has a wrist issue. They might not be available tonight, but I’m not complaining about that.
  6. DeLauter and Martinez aren’t in their lineup tonight. This is a game the Sox need to have with Messick going tomorrow.
  7. I’d let Sam and Teel stay in the lineup even against a lefty. I think they’ve earned it. I agree with sitting the Montgomery’s though and I honestly wish there was a way to sit Mune too. This is where having another right handed hitting infielder would be nice.
  8. For what it’s worth, Boston Smith has fallen off a cliff in AA of late. It’s still impressive how they managed to take a bad signing in Dominguez and compound it into something way worse though.
  9. He’s not a huge strikeout guy. I think his skillset could age fairly well. Or he could be the next Keuchel.
  10. Trading for Detmers and paying Clay Holmes would be a good start.
  11. Didn’t Crochet only have 2 years of control left when that trade was made?
  12. I’d consider myself a bigger Robert supporter than most, but if they didn’t trade him, who knows if Peters would have blossomed into what he is now. But you are right in that the money they reallocated by trading him ended up providing no value.
  13. I feel like he stands so far off the plate. Might just be me though.
  14. I don’t trust Brazoban at the moment. I’d like to see a low leverage appearance or two for him to get him back on track.
  15. Bad news is that Taylor and Newcomb won’t be available. Good news is that Richards and Schweitzer will. Hopefully they score enough so the mop up guys can cover the last few innings.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.