Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Japan's olympics bid could have involved bribes

its funny how all of these countries want to host an event that is basically a black hole that money disappears into, never to be recovered by that country. And in order to create this large economic black hole, they pay people a lot of money in bribes

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 12, 2016 -> 02:10 PM)
its funny how all of these countries want to host an event that is basically a black hole that money disappears into, never to be recovered by that country. And in order to create this large economic black hole, they pay people a lot of money in bribes

Yeah. I can see the sea change coming, but the IFC is going to have to cut down on their ridiculous demands for new everything, and I imagine we'll just have another 20 years of these prestige authoritarian countries dominating (Russia/China/Qatar/etc).

Boston pulling out was a good sign. London will never want to do it again. We'll see what happens.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 12, 2016 -> 02:13 PM)
Yeah. I can see the sea change coming, but the IFC is going to have to cut down on their ridiculous demands for new everything, and I imagine we'll just have another 20 years of these prestige authoritarian countries dominating (Russia/China/Qatar/etc).

Boston pulling out was a good sign. London will never want to do it again. We'll see what happens.

This Rio thing is gonna be a litmus test imo. The water quality, the zika virus, the apartments that they werent planning on putting AC in, it seems like its gonna be bad.

Of all the countries involved, Japan would be the least likely on the list, lol. That's probably why they got caught, it's not as ingrained in their system like Russia, Qatar, etc.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 12, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
Of all the countries involved, Japan would be the least likely on the list, lol. That's probably why they got caught, it's not as ingrained in their system like Russia, Qatar, etc.

Right, with a free media more likely to catch this.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 12, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)
This Rio thing is gonna be a litmus test imo. The water quality, the zika virus, the apartments that they werent planning on putting AC in, it seems like its gonna be bad.

Agreed. Sochi was just the beginning. Rio could be a disaster.