"Across The Universe"

LosMediasBlancas

Thought this deserved it's own thread, sorry if it's already been written about.

I like the Beatles, but I'm not a huge Beatles fan, but I do have a great deal of respect for their contributions. I think all things Beatles are pretty sacred and so I hope this film doesn't suck. From what I've read, there is very little dialouge and most of the story is told (sung) through Beatles lyrics.

By the way, the girl in the film is Marilynn Manson's GF.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_picture...verse/high.html

I'm a big Beatles fan, and saw an ad for the it the other day which led me to think about seeing it. However, reviews I've read have been disappointing, and frankly, I think it'd ruin some of the music for me, if only for a week or two.

So yea, I've heard it sucks and don't really plan on seeing it.

Edited by Felix

Saw this movie last Wednesday. Visually it looks great. As far as the actual movie goes, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The start and end are very forgettable, there is only one memorable singing sequence (in a movie full of singing), a good portion of the movie makes very little sense and it's achingly long to boot.

A positive for the movie: it has a few laughs in it. Overall I'd give it a C-.