Free agency begins?

spataro51

I am not totally sure but is Nov 1st the day the teams can start talking and signing free agents? If it is hopefully kw was waiting until now since it is after the world series to make announcements on the signings of some of our free agents because we better do something because nov 1 is not that far away. I know selig requested that teams not make any announcements on players and things of that nature until after the world series becuase he didn't want anything to take publicity away from the big games. So hopefully kw will have a list of announcements to make as far as a new manager, the signing of colon (i hope) and hopefully that alomar and gordon along with sully will be back. We can only hope!

Ponson I would like to see here. If colon doesn't go through which i am speculating that it won;t from all these rumors out there. Sidney might be something special, he would be alot cheaper then 12 mil a year. Actually what pissess me off with the deal with colon is THIS IS SO TYPICAL OF THE SOX TO DIFFER MOST OF HIS CONTRACT! Why not pay the guy the money instead of holding it like a pension plan. No wonder he turned the offer.

Pettite had a 4 year $35 million dollar deal on his last contract. Similar to what the Sox are offering Colon. If Bart won't stay why not offer it to Andy? He is a big game pitcher, knows how to get the job done in the post season and regular season, can handle the limelight.....best of all he is a lefty.

Pettite had a 4 year $35 million dollar deal on his last contract.  Similar to what the Sox are offering Colon.  If Bart won't stay why not offer it to Andy?  He is a big game pitcher, knows how to get the job done in the post season and regular season, can handle the limelight.....best of all he is a lefty.

Now that would be interesting.... 2 pretty damn good lefties with Pettitte and Buerhle, and then mix up Loaiza and Garland from the right side..... and if everyone in chicago puts down a dollar .... Colon too? lol... i'd be pretty psyched up for the year if that was our starting 5...

I think he has strongly considered it now that Clemens will be gone as well as possibly Stottlemyre.  He could be a FA and not want to go back to NY.  If the Sox put together the right offer it would be interesting.

I think the only place he's expressed interest in going to besides the Yankees would be Houston.

And with their staff, he'd fit right in the 1/2 combo with Oswalt, with Redding as a solid no.3.