Sergio Miranda Traded to MIL

NorthSideSox72

Interesting. You don't usually hear about a low minor for a low minor trade, so maybe there's something brewing (no pun intended).

So Miranda said he got traded, and not just released and picked up by Milwaukee?

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 04:22 PM)
Interesting. You don't usually hear about a low minor for a low minor trade, so maybe there's something brewing (no pun intended).

So Miranda said he got traded, and not just released and picked up by Milwaukee?

He said "traded", yes. Not released. I really doubt the Sox would release Miranda - other than that one month early in 2008 at W-S, he's been pretty damn good, especially for a 13th rounder.

Makes sense he might get traded, though. Between Beckham, Miranda, Paiml and others, the middle infield in the middle of the Sox system was very crowded. Can't find places for all of them.

Makes sense he might get traded, though. Between Beckham, Miranda, Paiml and others, the middle infield in the middle of the Sox system was very crowded. Can't find places for all of them.

Paiml is not gonna make it, and has the lowest ceiling out of the three. I'll trust Rex's analysis on that one. I won't get it in that regard though Miranda is a nice spect.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 04:38 PM)
Paiml is not gonna make it, and has the lowest ceiling out of the three. I'll trust Rex's analysis on that one. I won't get it in that regard though Miranda is a nice spect.

Paiml's interesting in the fact he's about to go from Barons batboy to Barons infielder.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 03:48 PM)
Sergio Miranda has been traded to the Brewers (he told me this directly). No word yet on who he was traded for, or if this is part of a larger deal.

Let us know for whom as soon as you can, even if it was just for another minor leaguer.

I would guess it a deal for someone we have never heard of before, in a swap of minor league players to fill spots in each teams respective systems. All of the sudden the Sox are deep at corner infield postions with guys like Brandon Allen and Viciedo pushing for potential spots at first base in the very near future. I wouldn't be surprised if we brought in a leadoff type potential hitter with some wheels who plays CF or a middle IF spot.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 05:28 PM)
or a middle IF spot.

Miranda was a middle IF. He played SS and 2B. Where our system is really thin at the moment is in the OF, none of our prospects there have panned out and we've traded a couple away so my guess would be that we trade him for an OF.

http://brewersfandemonium.yuku.com/topic/1...-White-Sox.html

Could it be Tony Gwynn, Jr.? There's at least one BRewers fan that thinks it's a good idea, and that is a player I could see the Sox targeting to eventually replace Owens on the roster, although I don't think we'd be gaining a whole heck of a lot.

There's Mike Cameron of course in a bigger deal, but that seems unlikely. I doubt the Brewers would eat salary and I doubt the Sox would take on that much salary. There would have to be some larger contracts moved in the deal, like MacDougal and Dotel as an example, with the Sox getting an arm back. Just doesn't sound very likely. If it's for an MLB player, I think it'll be TGJr.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 08:50 PM)
http://brewersfandemonium.yuku.com/topic/1...-White-Sox.html

Could it be Tony Gwynn, Jr.? There's at least one BRewers fan that thinks it's a good idea, and that is a player I could see the Sox targeting to eventually replace Owens on the roster, although I don't think we'd be gaining a whole heck of a lot.

There's Mike Cameron of course in a bigger deal, but that seems unlikely. I doubt the Brewers would eat salary and I doubt the Sox would take on that much salary. There would have to be some larger contracts moved in the deal, like MacDougal and Dotel as an example, with the Sox getting an arm back. Just doesn't sound very likely. If it's for an MLB player, I think it'll be TGJr.

we already have two Tony Gwynn Jrs, they're named Tim Raines Jr and Jerry Owens

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 09:31 PM)
we already have two Tony Gwynn Jrs, they're named Tim Raines Jr and Jerry Owens

Can TGJ play CF though? If so he's better than Owens, but I agree overall, I wouldn't exactly be excited about such a move. TGJ appears to fit that grinder type of mold, i.e. he's scrappy but it doesn't matter much because he's not very good at baseball.

Hopefully it's either part of a larger deal for someone good at the MLB level or it's a minor leaguer.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 10:09 PM)
Tony Gwynn Jr. is out of options. The last thing we need is another untalented lefty AAA outfielder who's out of options.

Oh I agree 100%. But, something about the idea strikes me as very possible. Think about it: we make a small acquisition which would represent a 5% improvement over Jerry Owens as opposed to the 200% improvement we actually need, and this player we're acquiring - who has some speed and can "do the little things" that Ozzie likes - would push Anderson back into the 4th OF role for no reason. We don't actually fill a position, we just play some musical chairs that end up hurting us even more in the future. Doesn't it sound like we've been down that road before? That's why I mentioned it. I can just imagine the bulls*** on chisox.com too: a bunch of articles chalk full of Ozzieisms growing like fungus off the big smelly turd of what would be their central theme, which is that the last time the Sox acquired a speedy "true lead-off hitter" from the Brewers they won the WS.

Maybe I've been smoking too much crack, but a move like this just seems right up the Sox alley and it would continue the Sox Twilight Zone CF situation.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 09:42 PM)
Can TGJ play CF though? If so he's better than Owens, but I agree overall, I wouldn't exactly be excited about such a move. TGJ appears to fit that grinder type of mold, i.e. he's scrappy but it doesn't matter much because he's not very good at baseball.

Hopefully it's either part of a larger deal for someone good at the MLB level or it's a minor leaguer.

interesting that miranda said he got traded bcuz we still havent heard anything at all and on mlb rumors they said that doug melvin said theyre not discussing any trades with anyone right now. thats not to say that hes not but still.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Mar 20, 2009 -> 07:47 AM)
interesting that miranda said he got traded bcuz we still havent heard anything at all and on mlb rumors they said that doug melvin said theyre not discussing any trades with anyone right now. thats not to say that hes not but still.

Well, at this point, Sergio has also updated his Facebook with this infortmation as well, so its out there from his end. Unless he's lying or is being lied to, he was traded.

ETA: Keep in mind too, if he was swapped for some other low level minor leaguer, this sort of thing may not hit the press at all, except as a footnote somewhere later.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 20, 2009 -> 07:53 AM)
Well, at this point, Sergio has also updated his Facebook with this infortmation as well, so its out there from his end. Unless he's lying or is being lied to, he was traded.

ETA: Keep in mind too, if he was swapped for some other low level minor leaguer, this sort of thing may not hit the press at all, except as a footnote somewhere later.

This is probably it. We'll find out soon enough. If someone has an account at brewerfans.net he/she should let them know so maybe they can do a little digging and find out who we got. If it's a prospect then I'm sure it's somebody not on the radar, but Sergio was still a good UT prospect so I'd like to think we got somebody worth checking up on.