Jeff Nelson

AddisonStSox

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
And guess what?  This thread is in the wrong forum.  It should be in "The Sports Bar".

Brilliant.

einstein.jpg

You've added nothing of value in any thread you post in.

EDIT: Read the orignal post and tell me why this doesn't belong in here.

You can read...right?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
This isn't White Sox-related whatsoever.  There was no rumor that the Sox may be interested in Jeff Nelson, therefore it shouldn't be in this forum.  In fact, it says that the Mets are the ones who are interested in him.  How is this thread White Sox-related?

Did you read the first post? Apparently not.

How does adding someone better not improve our bullpen?

so tell me that you think that nelson is better than polite and hermanson, and then your point will make sense, because that is who he would be competing against. if you can say that you think he is better than both of them, then your point of having him in our bullpen makes more sense.

Did you read the first post? Apparently not.

if you are going to just keep repeating what addison says and reiterrating his points, just quote him and say "I agree with addison on every point"

If there is to be an argument of whether you want nelson as your right handed set up guy, please make a point of how he is better than what we have, thanks

QUOTE(babybearhater @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
if you are going to just keep repeating what addison says and reiterrating his points, just quote him and say "I agree with addison on every point"

If there is to be an argument of whether you want nelson as your right handed set up guy, please make a point of how he is better than what we have, thanks

Jabroni was wrong so that is why i asked if if he read the first post. Because if he did he would understand why this thread is where it is. Pretty easy to understand i think. :unsure: Bottom line, if nelson is healthy, nelson>cotts, diaz, adkins, politte. You are blowing out of proportion how valuable a long reliever is, and a medicore one at best.

I can't believe we have a 4 page thread on Jeff Nelson, if this was 1998, I could see it.

exactly, it was one person who had an opinion on nelson, and three other people just blindly repeating him. If there was some evidence that Nelson was better than polite or hermanson, I would consider Nelson a valuable addition. But since he is not only 38 years old and coming off of an injury, he also is not better than what he have as right handed set up men. Bottom line-adding Nelson to our roster would make the pen weaker in my opinion. In the late ninties he was dominant, but now, he is just too old and too much of a question mark.

QUOTE(babybearhater @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
exactly, it was one person who had an opinion on nelson, and three other people just blindly repeating him.  If there was some evidence that Nelson was better than polite or hermanson, I would consider Nelson a valuable addition.  But since he is not only 38 years old and coming off of an injury, he also is not better than what he have as right handed set up men.  Bottom line-adding Nelson to our roster would make the pen weaker in my opinion.  In the late ninties he was dominant, but now, he is just too old and too much of a question mark.

I think the stats speak for themselves when it comes to who is better between politte, hermanson, and nelson.

QUOTE(babybearhater @ Jan 21, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
If you have nothing to say to defend your opinion and perspective than dont post buddy.  Face it, we both know you wouldnt want nelson instead of the two righty set up men that we have.  So your point is dead, and all you can do now is try and attack me instead of the topic.  Which will never work.  So make like chief illiniwek and fade away.  OUT

Dude, you got on Ian's ass about his whole Nelson post, so I wouldn't be talking...nice analogy, did your mother come up with that one for you? Aww, mommy's callin the shots for you now isn't she...?

QUOTE(babybearhater @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 02:48 AM)
Once again, it is not what he HAS done before in his career, he hasnt thrown long relief since 97, that was 8 years ago, when he was 30.  It doesnt matter what he USED to be, he is done now. And Hermanson is better and so is polite.  So there is no way he would improve our bullpen.

No offense dude, but all of your posts in this thread are making you look f***ing ignorant.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 22, 2005 -> 02:54 AM)
But he's not a very good one at that, 4-4 with a 5.65 ERA are hardly inspiring numbers. His situation right now reminds me a little of Johan Santana's a couple of seasons ago. His changeup is his best pitch, but his fastball is only in the low 90's, and he leaves too many balls up in the strike zone. Give him a season in AAA to work on another pitch, a slider, and he'll be able to setup his changeup to strike out hitters, which is exactly how Santana had so much success last year.

Cotts's changeup is what gets him into so much trouble. It's his weakest pitch.

Dude, you got on Ian's ass about his whole Nelson post,  so I wouldn't be talking...nice analogy, did your mother come up with that one for you? Aww, mommy's callin the shots for you now isn't she...?

R U serious?? you were born in 1988, you still live with your parents son. Its cool that all of you are friends because you spend all of your time on here, but coming in last minute and coming up with that?? Come on. IN fact you can tell me where you live in DG, I grew up there, and we can have a discussion about it if you still feel pretty tough.

No offense dude, but all of your posts in this thread are making you look f***ing ignorant.

Cotts's changeup is what gets him into so much trouble.  It's his weakest pitch.

Defend yourself, why do you think that my posts are ignorant. Do you think that a 38 year old Nelson would help this bullpen?? Who would he replace?? And How would that make the pen more complete???

QUOTE(babybearhater @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
R U serious?? you were born in 1988, you still live with your parents son.  Its cool that all of you are friends because you spend all of your time on here, but coming in last minute and coming up with that?? Come on.  IN fact you can tell me where you live in DG, I grew up there, and we can have a discussion about it if you still feel pretty tough.

:o :o :o

Threatening a board member...and a younger one at that.

How classy. You are showing how tasteful you really are.

Jesus...its just like :banghead

QUOTE(babybearhater @ Jan 23, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
R U serious?? you were born in 1988, you still live with your parents son.  Its cool that all of you are friends because you spend all of your time on here, but coming in last minute and coming up with that?? Come on.  IN fact you can tell me where you live in DG, I grew up there, and we can have a discussion about it if you still feel pretty tough.

I do not spend all of my time on here. That is where you are wrong. I have a life, I read my threads and then I get information and get off. Why bother arguing with you over this, I spoke my opinion and am entitled to my opinion. I feel pretty tough.