sammy sosa

soxhawks

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
NObody is overrated when you win the MVP of your league, and are about to be the 5 player in the 600 homerun club.  He has been on the decline since he got hit in the head.  But a few years ago, he was the hardest out in the NL.  Im glad he is gone, but he will definatley benefit the orioles this year.  That offensive lineup is murderous

Thank you.. to many people caught up in the anti cub of this situation

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
Thank you.. to many people caught up in the anti cub of this situation

Im more anti-cub than most people, and I absolutely HATE sammy. But fact is, when a player hits 308,288,320,328 with 66,63,50,64,49 hr's and at one point had an OBP of 437 thats pretty damn good. He was a very very tough out. I will always believe that Frank is the better hitter however.

QUOTE(ihatethecubs @ Feb 2, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
some of hendrys deals, like when he got aramis and lee, were great on his part...cant argue with that.

The Cubs are a major market team and ate up on players from teams desperate to cut payroll. Is Brian Cashman a genius for getting A-Rod for 7 years in exchange for Alfonso Soriano?

NObody is overrated when you win the MVP of your league, and are about to be the 5 player in the 600 homerun club.  He has been on the decline since he got hit in the head.  But a few years ago, he was the hardest out in the NL.  Im glad he is gone, but he will definatley benefit the orioles this year.  That offensive lineup is murderous

Im sure Giambi and Camintti weren't overrated either than huh :rolly ?

Theres far more compelling evidence that Bonds used steriods than Sosa.

My guess is Sosa does something to the tune of .270 30 100.

And its pretty evident that not many Sox fans will ever give Sosa any credit, the fact that even some of us will say a word otherwise is a testament to just how good he was.

And I personally do not like him and would never have him on any sort of team of mine, but I still have to respect the stats.

SB

QUOTE(Man Of Steel @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
Sosa is good, people just rip him because he was a cub

Hes going to help out the Orioles big time this year, watch

He'll be the best bat corking, roid taking, wife beating, selfish cheating liar on the Orioles. At least on the days he shows up.

QUOTE(babybearhater @ Feb 3, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
Whoa, my bad, I didnt know they were about to be in the 600 club as well.  Thank god Anthrax corrected me on that, it would have been embarrasing if he didnt.

Comparing Sosa to Giambi and Camminitti is hardly a comparison, but it was a good shot in the dark