Everything posted by No Neck Williams
-
New nickname for Downtown Railyard Sox
My Dad took me to my first White Sox game in 1965. We had season tickets from ‘72 through’74. I started going to games with my friends in 77 through ‘84 before I moved away. I still come home most summers and still go to games including the two World Series games in ‘05. In all that time I never went into Bridgeport before or after a game. As a matter of fact I never thought of original Comiskey or the now Rate as being in Bridgeport. It’s south of that neighborhood surrounded by parking lots. The rendering of the new place looks fantastic. Bring it on! And it will still be on the Southside.
-
6/14 GT Sox vs. Dodgers 1:10 (CDT)
I’ll be there on Tuesday
-
At what point do we start to believe?
When they signed Mune I thought they’d be a 500 team or better and would be in the wild card hunt. Not enough games played yet to know if I was right but boy is this team fun!
-
5/14/2026 - Royals @ Sox - 6:40 pm CDT - going for the sweep
Schhriffen is like a prospect who was brought up to early but now in his third year he’s starting to figure it out. He still gets overexcited but he’s learning how to play the game.
-
Should the Sox be buyers this deadline?
I say stand pat. The additions to this roster will be Kyle Teel in a week or two, then Braden Montgomery around the All Star break. Let's live and die with that until the off season when the priority should be pitching. I'd like to see signing some of the current players to contracts buying out their arbitration years if possible, but that won't even be considered until after a new CBA.