Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
What books are you reading?
Books...whats a book Right now my school books, but I plan on reading an LSAT prep book or two and then some solid books once I'm on break.
-
Hawk Harrelson talking about........
My sentiments exactly. I thought it was something he always did. But maybe Hawk has watched a lot of his tape from his AAA days and knows Willie doesn't bunt much. Of cousre I swear Hawk and DJ are always raving about how players should bunt more
-
Sleeper Prospect
Welcome Aboard Is the changeup something new for this season or did he feature it last season?? He put up some pretty impressive numbers last season and he's now one of my favorites. I just realized he hails from UCI...not quite my school, but its like 5 minutes from my house
-
Sleeper Prospect
Awesome pic, this guy has filthy stuff although he sure got lit up during his short stint. But I'd give him some time and he may turn into a real winner. His knees are a huge question-mark. But with the advances of modern medicine, the Sox felt he was worth the risk and hopefully they will be right.
-
Anyone use Mozilla Firebird???
Firebird is the light edition and its supposed to be better then their plain mozilla because this one runs much quicker. Then you just go through and pick the add ons you want. A new version is coming out in about a month. All I know is this is really sweet. http://www.mozilla.org/products/firebird/
-
Final Standings for NFL Picks
Congrats Spiff And Ian that was an awesome job you did running the contest. Major props go out to you
-
Baseball America's Sox Top 10
Who is Wayne Mully Brando???
-
spring training question
I've always stayed in the Phoenix area, but thats cause its a little shorter for a drive from where I am and my dad likes to catch a game or two down there (I also like to cause it allows me to see some other teams). Usually we catch one game in Tuscon and another Sox game when they travel to the Phoenix area and then watch another game or two in the Phoenix area. Either way, like I say in every spring training thread, I recommend it to anyone that can go out there. I'm there every year and I think I figured out that this will be like the 8th or 9th straight year
-
Anyone use Mozilla Firebird???
Forgot to add that. Mozilla is an internet browser and to me its by far the best browser out there, way better then internet explorer.
-
spring training question
I know Jim mentioned that the Holiday Inn right there has a spring training special for 84 a night. There are some other places too. To me the best thing to do is check out expedia.com , hotels.com, orbitz.com, and priceline.com and just search around the genearl Tuscon visinity or wherever you want to stay. Also check for airfair on their as well or you can always check southwest.com cause they are pretty cheap as long as you book them in advance.
-
Anyone use Mozilla Firebird???
I just downloaded it and it works sweet.
-
The New Official Post a Pic of Yourself Thread
I'll work on moving over the few pictures that did work in the other thread. I'll get up a new pic of me this weekend, after I go snowboarding on Friday Post away
-
Hawks are worst pro franchise
Going to merge this
-
THE official post a pic of yourself thread
Ya, when I switched servers none of that stuff was transferred. So maybe we should just start a new thread for everyone to put in. Great job digging this up though bones
-
Soxfest Pics
It probably predates the Soxtalk Photo Album, which would mean that its in the testing board or something along those lines. Also, remember the default page numbers shown only shows the past 30 days.
-
Soxfest Pics
I think I accidentally removed some really old posts that were once on the test board or whatever it was called. That or maybe you were only searching the past 30 days???
-
Wins in 2004
I just think the past two years really sucked, actually 3 years. We were all hyped up about the season and look what happened. This year is just the opposite and I think the team is way better then most everyone gives them credit for. They still have some holes, but so do most teams and now they will need a few players to step up and if things work out a few prospects/younger players may fill those holes.
-
Our leadoff?
Has to be Willie Harris, at least to start the season. The Sox biggest weakness (along with the 4th and 5th spots in the rotation) has to be the front of the order (1 and 2 hitters) where the Sox truly lack proven guys that can get on base. Now if Lee hits in the 2 hole, that covers that area, but then you still have Harris or Rowand or I guess Jose (That would be really ugly) leading off. It will be interesting.
-
Sleeper Prospect
- Wins in 2004
I think the Sox surprise and win 87 games.- Sleeper Prospect
I'd make Deininger my top sleeper, but I have raved about him so much that I can't really consider him a sleeper. When Mark, me and Mario saw him pitch he was around 94, but I hear he throws as hard as 97. I liked his other stuff and he seemed to have a good feel for pitching, although he is raw despite being a college pitcher. Lamura definately has good stuff, I'd like to see him make some strides with the Warthogs this season. I think that was an excellent sleeper choice of yours. Rodriguez and Haigwood will both be interesting follows, since they are coming back from injuries. Both have high ceilings though (assuming they are healthy). If Valido and Gray keep hitting, the Sox may actually have some middle infield prospects (well, we could at least say plural, and you never know, maybe Gonzalez and Pedro Lopez can turn things around as well...plus if Yan can put up better numbers, wowzers).- LBJ Not an ALL Star
James has the numbers to be an all star, but I'd of probably given Artest the nod over him. Too bad both were kept out. I don't watch enough basketball to say whether Redd deserved it, but I know when he has played the Bulls he's been fantastic. Since he shined with the Buckeyes, I always thought Redd would turn into a good player.- Dan Marino steps down...
That explains why he was doing the superbowl. I kept wondering what the hell he was doing on air, if he was going to be the GM. I understand that he had prior commitments, but I'd think CBS would of let him lose so he could get to work. Its not like a gm can really take a few weeks off, right after getting hired.- Hawk Harrelson talking about........
I personally don't smoke and don't know why people smoke (although I don't really care if they do smoke, although I must admit the few friends I got that do smoke, I always try to get them to stop, lol) but for a professional athlete to smoke it just doesn't make sense. He's obviously in great shape, but I'd think you would want to do everything and anything possible to make you a better athlete, etc, and to me smoking wouldn't exactly fit that bill (unless you were on a diet...maybe we should of got Bartolo to smoke, since it supposedly supresses your diet).- Sleeper Prospect
Please....Fabio Castro has that award won - Wins in 2004