Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Off to bed
Thats what I do every morning. Wake up hoping something happened. I remember waking up, turning on my computer and seeing that the Sox had acquired Colon. Now when I get home from my finals I turn on the computer and hope something happenned. COME ON SOX!!!!
-
Madden 2005
s***, that would be pretty freaking cool. I really like that idea. We could set up some brackets with everyone who has online and put something together. s***, that be awesome. Could be a sweet thing during January or Febuary. Awesome idea Brando
-
Sox Interested in Sox Williamson
I'd make the Dodgers pay up, plain and simple. Kenny shouldn't bend or anything like that. This is a fair offer for both sides, imo. If Kenny plays strong, I think the deal gets done.
-
Your Offseason Wish List
Getting Perez, Ponson, Williamson, Huff, and Mota. My ultra ultra wish...somehow keeping Edwin Jackson and only losing Rauch/Wright/Borchard/Magglio/Pacheco or someone else.
-
Sox Interested in Sox Williamson
That be fine with me, but then the deal becomes a bit more complicated. But I do think Mota is a big pickup cause he really helps stabilize the pen and gives the Sox two quality major leaguers to show for Maggs, plus one top prospect. Of course Wynn, Perez and two prospects would be something to listen too...but would the Dodgesr give up two prospects??? I think they will be hard pressed to get one.
-
Madden 2005
Oh ya...franchise is around...and now there is even an owner mode where you can change ticket prices, all that stuff as well as build a new stadium, relocate your franchise. Its freaking awesome. Definately the best game every year.
-
Spiezo off the Market
Most likely, yes...although I guess it could be natural...he's freaking huge though and an absolute steal at a mill for next year.
-
Sox Interested in Sox Williamson
The only reason I could even see them making that deal is for pitching depth, which is what they need. The Sox could possibly have the prospects to get the deal done. The Dodgers reportedly balked at the Drays asking price, but who knows Rauch, Pacheco, Borchard could potentially do it...and if Jackson was in instead of Pacheco, I'd defiantely say thats enough. But if it took more, I wouldn't be against it. I'm a big Huff fan though.
-
Sox Interested in Sox Williamson
I love Pacheco...but if it landed Huff, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I think Huff is an absolute stud on offense. He's just 26, will be 27 by the start of the season and is coming into a zone on offense. Quick question, how much does playing in Tampa, if any, inflate the stats. I am not too familiar with the dimensions of their park, but it always seems small. I'd much prefer a Jackson, Rauch, Borchard deal...or even Danny Wright in the deal if necessary and then move Rauch for Williamson. Of course if they could keep Jackson and give up Pacheco, Rauch, Borchard, then I wouldn't have a problem at all. I'd love to keep Jackson. Personally I think he'd instantly become our top pitching prospect. From what i saw of him with the Dodgers when he came up late in the season, he's an absolute freaking STUD.
-
If We trade Maggs
I agree...if Kenny continues to stick by his guns, then your putting the Dodgers to fold. If in fact the Sox don't have to move Magglio, then I think they put themselves in a very good position (At least make other teams believe this). And if they sign Ponson, you gotta believe teams start to think..wait are they selling...which may be enough to force the dodgers hand. If the Dodgers lose out on Nomar (or if the deal doesn't go through) they will be much more pressed to make the deal.
-
Sox Interested in Sox Williamson
If Huff is a liability in right, then Juan Gone is a big time liability in right. Plus, I think its gonna be very hard for the Sox to deal Konerko and get any type of quality in return. Odds are they are best, if they can put together a damn good team with him playing first (If the sox do as I proposed, it would be done) then they could let him play the year...if he puts up big time numbers, then the Sox could move him in for some thing good in return and free up room to give Elo, and a few others extensions (as long as they prove themselves).
-
Sox Interested in Sox Williamson
Like I said, if they turn it into Magglio, Rauch/Pacheco, and Borchard into Ponson, Perez, Mota, and Aubry Huff...you won't here me crying. And if they get Williamson on top of that, once again, not a cry out of me.
-
Phil Rogers Article
Williamson for Rauch is the better deal and i'd definately do it. If the Sox get him and then Mota...add a lefty in the mix and I'd call it an offseason as far as the relief corps goes (of course I'd still say trade Koch if they could).
-
ESPN Player Page for Ponson says he is a sock
We won't debate this issue
-
ESPN Player Page for Ponson says he is a sock
Not if you can get Ponson at 6. I think 7.5 is just too much. At 6 mill over a year, it defiantely be interesting or 2 yrs at 10 mill...anything more then that and I think its a risk.
-
ESPN Player Page for Ponson says he is a sock
I would too..of course right now, he's still asking for 10 mill, but most people have speculated his price will fall to 5 mill or so.
-
Sox Interested in Sox Williamson
I like Konerko's arm and glove....its solid for first baseman. His range does suck, but most 1st baseman's do. He's not my favorite option though, but I think it will be tough as nails to deal him.
-
Sox Interested in Sox Williamson
Well, with something else on subject. Phil Rogers wrote an article regarding Scott Williamson as well as the Maggs/LA deal. In short, sources say that Williams offered a starting pitcher for Williamson - the question is whether it was Wright or Rauch (I'd hope it was Rauch). He also mentions that the big hold up in the Dodgers/Sox deal is Mota. But with the Dodgers leaving the meeting without a deal, it will make them more prone to potentially give in. You have to wonder, without Mota/Perez/Brown/Sully what will the Dodgers have for pitching. I understand they'll probably resign Alvarez and they get Dreifort back as well as getting Weaver, but it still isn't outstanding. http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines It should be an interesting week. I think by Friday, Magglio could be dealt (Just my hunch).
-
Sox Interested in Sox Williamson
But with Roberts, Uribe/Itzuris, Harris, and Olivo you'd still have small ball guys, wouldn't you? And Crede could be included in that as well. And defensively Roberts/Uribe/Itzuris would be a pretty damn nice up the middle combo. Crede is a stud at 3rd, Konerko is solid at first, Olivo a stud behind the plate and Harris has sick range in cf. Lee is avg, Huff a bit below avg.
-
ESPN Player Page for Ponson says he is a sock
Does Maddux still got it...at 5 mill a year the Sox could possibly add him. He may not be great, but come playoff time, you got to like his chances to step up. He still had the best groundball/flyball ratio in the majors. And I should add that I think a team with 5 very good starters and a great bullpen and solid position players could definately win the series. The Yanks are still beatable...thats right, they are There are very decent chances that Brown and Gordon get hurt and don't help them come playoff time and a lot of other older guys are iffy on that team, like Bernie Williams and all his injuries.
-
Sox Interested in Sox Williamson
Ok, he'd definately be a better fit in left field or first...so if the Sox can move Konerko, sign someone like Jay Payton or something along those lines to play right (Instead of going after Raffy). Otherwise, just stick with the plan and suffer a bit in right. Definately go with Harris in center and let his sick range do the rest.
-
Sox Interested in Sox Williamson
Is he that bad, I thought he was solid...nothing more, nothing less. Well other then Huff, they would be more then fine defensively. And their infield would be pretty sweet defensively. And could you really knock that pitching staff? Ton of innings from starters and relievers. COME ON KW...DO IT
-
Sox Interested in Sox Williamson
Ya, if they could move Konerko and save a mill or two, get a prospect or some type of potentially valuable player and sign Raffy, I wouldn't have any problem with that, cause it give you two good lefty hitters (Huff/Palmeiro) and two big time right hitters (Frank/Caballo...to a lesser extent Crede). Plus, Palmerio wouldn't take up a long term type deal. If the Sox paid 2 mill this year and 2 mill next year in salary for Konerko and got Raffy for about 4 mill, they'd save 2 mill this year. I think it would be worth it. But I didn't want to put that type of thing into the scenario. This scenario is more likely cause it basically says the Sox make two moves...well 3, including signing Ponson. I'm with you though...this is one of my favorite possibilities all season. The team would have speed, power, average hitters, defense (Harris or Brian Roberts and Uribe/Itzuris up the middle would be pretty, Palmerio is still solid at first, Crede is sweet, Olivo is sweet, Lee is solid, Rowand/Harris is more then solid in center, and Huff is solid in right. Check that, this is my favorite possibility because it is possible...financially and I think the proposed deals are rather fair.
-
Sox Interested in Sox Williamson
Thats the big iff. I never figured what you got for Jose Valentin in the deal, but you could acquire a middle infield type player for him. Or if the Mariners don't get Nomar, you could swing a deal for Carlos Guillen or something like that. Im' sure there are a few utility type players out there.
-
ESPN Player Page for Ponson says he is a sock
I'm saying 5 mill a year is probably what he'd get if people didn't over-pay. It be pretty cheap though. I do agree with most everything your saying though. Except I am not a big Brown or Schilling fan at this stage. Hudson, Zito or Mulder now that I'd take, but we ain't gonna get it. I'll settle for adding two starters like Ponson/Garcia/Perez/Washburn and two relievers, plus dealing Koch. Basically, what I want to do with the Dodgers and Devil Rays (Scott Williamson thread).