Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Tejada Could be an Oriole...
And thats about what they were going to offer Miguel Tejada, so I think it pretty much works out. The Sox take about 3-4 mill in Guillen, 3-4 mill in Wynn, and 7-8 mill in Garcia so it really only saves the Sox like 3-5 mill. Of course it fills your starting rotation, the leadoff slot, shortstop and you can now afford to go with Willie Harris at 2nd because you have Wynn and Guillen at the top of the order. You still have Konerko, Thomas and Lee and they just need to add two relievers, maybe deal Koch to free a little more money and get you a reliever and then sign one more outfielder like Jay Payton. You then have Randy Wynn Carlos Guillen Frank Thomas Carlos Lee Paul Konerko Insert RF - Preferably a left handed hitter (Don't know whose out there, but a lot of outfielders that are solid will be there) Joe Crede - 3rd Miguel Olivo - c Willie Harris - 2nd Rotation Elo Buehrle Garcia Garland Soriano Bullpen Marte Rhodes/Benitez/Gabe White/etc Another FA, hopefully from the top group Dave Weathers or another reliever (Via Koch trade) Danny Wright Arnie Munoz/Dave Sanders/Gary Majewski Bench Rowand Uribe (eventually replaces Carlos Giullen) Sandy Alomar Jr. Ross Gload That can be done and that wouldn't be too bad of a team, especially with that bullpen.
-
Tejada Could be an Oriole...
If they don't get two of Vlad/Tejada/Irod then I think they will become major players in the Maggs sweepstakes. I say after those guys get signed, the Dodgers and one of the Mariners/Orioles will be the frontrunners for Maggs. Dodgers have Franky Guiterez who is a stud and Perez to dangle and then demand one more guy in return, while the Mariners have the deal we all have been talking about as a possibility and the Orioles got Gibbons, Matos and others. I'd prefer deals for pitching myself.
-
Tejada Could be an Oriole...
I thought Carlos Guillen was gonna be non tendered, but as of now the Mariners still own his rights, but I could be wrong.
-
Tejada Could be an Oriole...
According to the LA Times the Dodgesr are hot after Wynn so he must be on the block. Bavasi has said that he doesn't expect any of the Dodgers top prospects in a trade, which tells me he's out there for something decent, no studs. With Maggs and Ichiro, they would still have a need, but their will be some guys out there for cheap they could add, plus don't they have a pretty good outfield prospect. If they lose out on Tejada, I think it makes a deal much more likely. I'd say they'd give us Guillen, Wynn, Garcia and Soriano or Naggette, although i'd hold out and demand Soriano. Of course we give them jose as well and Jose has value, I don't care what anyone tells me. Jose hit 28 hr's and knocked in a lot of runs. Sox fans may be tired of him, and I am, but very few shortstops put up that kind of production.
-
Tejada Could be an Oriole...
Agreed Mac...although I think that Guillen/Wynn would be a part of the deal too or thats my guess. I doubt Bavasi gives up two prospects, although its a possibility. I'd say Maggs and Jose for Garcia, Soriano, Wynn and Guillen. Guillen and Garcia are likely gone anyway and Wynn just signed a 3 yr extension thats rather affordable (2 yr and an option at a little less then 4 mill a year). The Sox then have a shortstop, cf that can leadoff, and their two starting pitchers and money left over to add relievers. Thats probably the best potential deal out there if you ask me...because it helps both teams.
-
Joe Sherman
Well, everyone said Colon's arm was gonna fall off this offseason and the Angels still got him. A lot of rumors get spread. If the Sox sign them it will obviously be pending a physical and they'll do the mri and all that. If it comes up, then I'm sure they'd say we pass. Ponson probably hasn't got much interest because not that many teams have been incredibly active thus far, plus with Boston and the Yanks not going after him, and Colon on the market all that time, he had to know he would be sitting a bit till all the other teams made thier moves (Well the teams that wanted Colon, Vazquez, Schilling and Brown).
-
Joe Sherman
I have no problem if they did all those things, as long as they got value in return. I think Ozzie wants his type of team there, I just know that Kenny wants pitching, pitching and more pitching. That offer for Ponson seems more then fair.
-
WEEK 15 PICKS
Bears Patriots Rams Cowboys Chiefs Buccaneers Colts Titans Jets 49ers Ravens Broncos Packers Panthers Saints Eagles
-
Spezio
He was the A's experiment and it didn't pan out. He could play there, but you wouldn't want him starting there.
-
Guillen is eager to start
Well I like the fact that he plans on bringing Hrniak in as a special coach cause that will make Thomas happy. I'm not too worried right now about it.
-
Deals Unlikely for Sox
For me, he's earned that slack by at least going at and making moves that have given the Sox a chance at winning it all. It hasn't happened, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Two years ago, I couldn't stand Williams, but all that has been changing, but if he doesn't do a good job this year, then I could see him ousted.
-
Williams fails to connect on trade front
I got a feeling it was the Sox that balked at that deal. I think the Mariners would do it and the Sox are trying to get someone like Wynn or Guillen thrown in as well. We'll just have to see, but I wouldn't complain if they got Soriano and Garcia because it fills the pitching needs. Soriano had some sick stats last season and if Coop can get Garcia figured out we have another top pitcher and the money to add some stellar relievers and fill other holes.
-
Blue Jays to make trade very soon
Its a possibility, but how much money are the Sox willing to pay. I'd think once it gets to a point they'd say hey, we'll just keep Koch cause at that price, we might as well just take our chances.
-
Local Seattle radio reporting...
Rogers said Kenny asked for Garcia and Soriano in return for Magglio. I think if the Sox hold to that, they could get it done. When you think about the other two pitchers you could add on top of that and I don't think its a bad move. Especially because Soriano is pretty damn good.
-
Deals Unlikely for Sox
Well I'll take trading Rocky Biddle and Antonio Osuna for two high high draft picks and Bartolo Colon for a season. I'll also take Matt Guerrier for Yan and Marte and I still say the Jimenez trade worked out cause in some way it led to Schoenweiss, who isn't horrible (via Dunn). He's made a few s***ty trades, the Alomar for Ring one could be considered that, but at the same time going for the series, I think it was a small price to pay. Almonte was already waived so don't mention him as part of the deal anymore and well I still have doubts on Ring. Everett was a hell of a player and he will be missed and I do agree they gave up a lot for him, I hated seeing Rupe go. Its my belief Rupe is the one that will blow up in the Sox face, well that and the Kip Wells deal which I screamed against.
-
Deals Unlikely for Sox
I don't think Brian Cashman does too much anymore. I think George is running the show and I wouldn't be shocked if he was doing it a year ago. I think Kenny made the deal. Cashman was quoted as saying Kenny came to him with it, why would he not take the credit?
-
Deals Unlikely for Sox
They could also say nothing is going on as a negotiating ploy acting as if the other teams talking to them have offered them crap thus far, so step it up. You don't ever want to sound urgent to make a deal, cause when that happens, the team will definately make a mistake. A, the other teams know your forced and will try to push your hand and force a deal and B, your making a rash move and typically when that happens you haven't thought it over. It would be foolish to say they are close to a move or that they need to make some moves. Kenny has to go business as usual and keep chugging away until the right moves are there. I can't picture Kenny sitting on his ass doing jack. He seems like a guy with fire and passion who wants to win the series. I don't know whether he'll put the team out there, but I sure as hell don't see him going down without a fight.
-
Local Seattle radio reporting...
And if they want Jose, then it makes a lot more sense. Jose and Magglio for Guillen, Garcia, Randy Wynn, and a STUD PROSPECT. Sox clear plenty of money and get some solid players in return, plus the top prospect and I'd ask for one of their big 3 for prospects and wouldn't back down from that. Although I'd rather just dump Maggs for Wynn and two prospects and let them non tender Garcia and use all the money you save to pick your own free agents.
-
Local Seattle radio reporting...
Garcia, Wynn and a STUD prospect is the only way I do it. The Sox are bailing the Mariners out big time by taking off their problem child in Garcia. But it would free up enough money so the Sox could get Washburn (read in the LA times that if they can't move him in the next week, he will be nontendered) and then focus on adding two relievers and calling it an offseason. I hate the idea of Maggs for Garcia, but if they got Randy Wynn and a STUD STUD prospect, no bulls*** no spare parts, one of the very best, then I'd say go for it.
-
Atlanta-St. Louis Trade
Isn't drew himself slated to get about 8 mill in arbitration this year or at least thats what I remember reading when their were talks that he could be headed to the Sox early this season.
-
is my signature html gonna f-up the server?
How the hell did you do that pa. I can't figure it out but somehow you made your screen all weird with a Currently playing...but it seems to be working fine I guess.
-
Everett to Devil Rays
It definately stinks that the Sox have lost basically everyone they acquired in those trades...realistically Scho is all the sox have to show for it. I do think it was worth going for it though, although I hated seeing Rupe go.
-
Mets sign Cameron
Overpaid, if you ask me. He isn't a 6 mill a year outfielder. He would of been nice at 4 mill a year.
-
Just heard on ESPNews
As long as they aren't giving up a good prospect, yes. Although If Evans expects Encarnacion to be the sole answer then he's wrong, but he's a solid 5-6 hitter.
-
My Newly Made Sox Site
Not a problem at all Soxfan1. I'd encourage you putting your website in your profile as well so others can see it. Good stuff