Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 10:36 AM) so does the NBA Think of the angles...Rose vs. Curry. Thompson vs. Butler. Kerr going against the Bulls, etc.
  2. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 10:34 AM) He had a misdemeanor gun possession charge in California in 2009 and was suspended 3 games. In 2008 his drivers license was revoked after a hit & run incident. Blew a 0.10 DUI in California in 2012. Ok...so take what I said away about Lynch. Hit and Run. Ugh.
  3. Has Lynch had any run ins with the law? Don't think so, so in the grand scheme of things, I don't really care if he doesn't talk to the media. Lynch, historically, gets penalized more than guys who commit serious crimes, etc. Its pathetic. I always used to say the same thing about TO. Might have been an ass but he was better than a lot of other guys in the league who were disgusting pieces of trash. TO just had a big mouth.
  4. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 10:27 AM) Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 17m17 minutes ago #Bulls are 7-3 this season vs Western Conference top 8 - they have beaten each of top 7. Will play #8 Suns for first time friday. Quietly I was hoping that Warriors vs. Bulls game was a preview of the NBA finals.
  5. Cowley is complete and utter trash. It sickens me how much this gets talked about because it is impossible for players not to listen to it and for Thibbs voice not to be a little sabotaged because of these reports. Because of them, there is always that little bit of doubt in a players mind and it sucks. I'm glad Paxson came out so strong after Van Gundy's statements. I wish the Bulls would throw a few mill Thibbs way to shut all of it up. This team is good enough that the money spent telling everyone, see, we told you he was our guy, would be so worth it in terms of wins / losses. Gar is a good GM, but his stupid freaking ego created this mess with the whole Ron Adams fiasco. Dumb. Get rid of one of the top assistants and piss off your head coach because he ran his mouth because he, like any coach, wanted to contend and wanted to win now (that is the job of a coach..to ask for the best team possible and try to put the best guys out there to win...the job of the GM is to control and construct the roster to the best interest of the franchise). Look at the mess you created.
  6. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 09:42 AM) Cowley has been pounding the "Thibs will be gone next year/discord with the FO/discord with Reinsdorf" story all season, since FIBA. Its not going away because he wont let it. Paxson even had "loud conversation" with him and KC Johnson this past week Didn't Gar basically text Woj and say, its all good in the hood.
  7. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 09:19 AM) I think it's all a bunch of nonsense. I think it's the obvious stuff - Thibs wants control of minutes and demands a lot from players, the front office wants him to relalx and be more like Pop. That's some basic, fundamental disagreements about how to run a team that is going to cause some division in the organization. Any notion though that the Bulls want Thibs out is, IMO, a media-driven story and nothing more. I agree with you and I think Taj, Noah and Rose are going to get everyone on the same page, the Thibbs page. I'm really liking what I've been seeing out of Rose on the court and it said a lot how he's responded since making his comments (cause they could have just as easily back fired on him).
  8. I'm starting to get on Jordan's bandwagon. This is an extremely great era of basketball we are watching right now. There was a lull after Jordan retired, but right now you have some crafty old stars like Wade / Kobe / Dirk / Duncan and than of course you have the young guys and just the insane west, etc. I've had quite a few games that I've watched this season (non Bulls) where I've been on my seat in excitement and there was a run of 6 or 7 years where that rarely happened (outside of a Sacremento Kings / Portland Trail Blazers vs. Laker late 90 / early to mid 2000's).
  9. Really, since Rose made those comments, he's played much more intense and aggressive (both offensively and defensively). I hope the team has seen this and we are seeing more intense practices, etc. I also hope that the team doesn't look at today and go, see, we can turn on the energy when we want to and beat the best. Biggest thing that I saw was Noah looking healthier. That would be huge for this squad.
  10. This is yesterday news, but thought it was post worthy. http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12238852
  11. QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 08:58 AM) I was very, very entertained. The noises I made when Hinrich hit the three and when Rose hit the jumper in Thompson's face made me happy I was alone. I woke up my pregnant wife quite a few times. Thankfully she was patient with me, when she woke up this morning she looked at me as I was getting ready and was like, so did the Bulls win or lose. I couldn't tell based upon your reactions, haha.
  12. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 08:45 AM) Ha. I'm being seirous. Jordan had to love that game. His Bulls vs. the Warriors, who are one of the funnest teams to watch play. Tempo of the game, everything about the game was fun...better yet, we got the W at the end!
  13. Chisoxfn replied to LDF's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 06:38 PM) that was some of the things i wanted to ask. how are the hotels and it appears as a car is needed. Car is needed. Everything is close but not walking close and there isn't good public transportation. That said, if you wanted to just stay in Glendale, you could see plenty of action without needing a car. I think there is pretty much always a game (whether it is a Sox home game or a Dodgers home game) and the minor league fields are always hustling and bustling with activity, including minor league exhibition games as well. Fantastic experience. I might be biased cause I've been to Arizona a ton for spring training but it is 1000% times better than the grape fruit league. Here, the farthest drive is 1.5 hours (Tuscon) and outside of the minimal teams in Tuscon, everyone else is within 30-45 minutes of each other and a lot of stadiums within 10 - 15 minutes of each other. On top of that, the weather is usually fantastic and Phoenix has awesome awesome food.
  14. Jordan, where the hell are you. You, as a great fan of basketball, had to freaking be entertained like I was throughout the game? Right?
  15. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 06:17 AM) I think it's odd that you make this complaint shortly after strongly defending 529 plans that primarily benefit the upper class and labeled any removal of that preferential tax treatment as punishment. I think there are a lot in the upper middle to upper ends of the middle class who depend and utilize 529 plans. To be frank, the real upper class could pay for college any which way, so even if you taxed them a bit more, it is the others that also use it who would be more penalized anyway. And it isn't like someone in the upper class could use it to kite millions in taxes or something. If they aren't using it for tuition, it is going to be penalized and taxed anyway.
  16. First off, if you didn't just flat out enjoy this game, well, you aren't a basketball fan. That game was fun, exciting, etc. Had the feeling of a playoff game out there with both teams flying all over the place. The energy levels from both teams were crazy high and it was damn exciting. Rose had about the oddest game you'll ever see. On one hand, he was extremely aggressive offensively and did a nice job getting points in the paint and didn't settle too much for the 3 (until late in the 4th where you could tell his legs were getting tired). Defensively Rose was sick. It is what this team has missed all year, imo. When Rose plays D, he is a well above average PG defender and it is critical cause it makes everything else easier. Passing though, I cringe all the time with Rose. He does so many things that are fundamental no-no's and they lead to cookie turnovers and way too many. However, I think we are seeing more of them cause now he's bringing his game to a quicker level, higher energy, etc, and that means he's getting caught in more positions where he hasn't really gotten enough practice and still has a lot of rust. Noah played huge tonight. Was running the court better than I have seen all year and much more active on the glass. Whole team was active on the glass (yes they gave up that tip in). Some huge shots late and big stones keeping in the game despite Golden State going on a few different runs. Klay is the best 2 in the league. Dude is insane. He hit some extremely difficult and clutch shots in the 4th. Damn that was fun.
  17. QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 10:04 PM) K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop · 2h 2 hours ago Noah has said this is best he has felt all season-as he did this morning-before but way he is moving defensively is backing it up some. I was going to comment, this was the best I've seen Noah look all year.
  18. QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 09:09 PM) Seems like refs are not whistling and this game is just flying by. I'm not trying to jump on the hate Kirk bandwagon but it does seem he's taken a big step back this year. Klay hit some extremely tough shots in the 4th quarter, but Hinrich played very good defense on him during the 2nd half. Early in the game, not so much, but he adjusted. I wonder if some of this is his legs still aren't fully under him from his last injury or what. That said, Hinrich has had stretches in his career where he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He usually corrected it to the point where he wasn't totally brutal. This season its gotten bad but I still think he can play and is a valuable bench player (although not ideal to have situations where we have to start him).
  19. QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 08:28 PM) How come Rose doesn't get calls anymore? :/ HE never did but the officiating on him has been downright criminal of late.
  20. QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 05:57 PM) High fives If I take his line, on espn's box score and add up the first number in every column...I get 16. 5pts 1 TO 2 PF 2 Steals 1 Asst 2 Rebounds 1 3PM 2 FGM BOOM!
  21. QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 11:13 PM) I disagree completely. I think the Seahawks are the most unlikable team in the NFL, besides maybe the Patriots now. I think this Superbowl will be hate-watched by anyone who isn't a fan of one of these teams. I hated Pete at USC but I kind of have grown to love him in the NFL. I love the Seahawks. I love Sherman, I love Bennett, and I most certainly love Lynch. I just think Lynch should start doing all of his interviews with like 12 year old's who are into sports and give them great exclusive content (I can't get credit for this...DP suggested it yesterday).
  22. Get ready for a Bulls win!!! Do it boys! Hinrich puts up 16 tonight!
  23. QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 04:43 PM) Where are you trying to lead me with this? I'm not an expert when it comes to tax codes, etc, but I absolutely believe that CEOs shouldn't be paying LESS in tax than their middle management, which is often the case. A consistent rate, and closing the loop holes, seems like a pretty sensible idea - potentially with caveats for ultra-low income folks. I support a proportionate tax. I am just surprised you are supporting it.
  24. QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 27, 2015 -> 04:32 PM) I see no reason why anyone should pay a different percentage of their income than anyone else. Doesn't make sense to me. So rich, poor, etc, everyone should pay the same x%?
  25. Obama saw my post and has dropped proposal to get rid of 529 plans. http://www.cnbc.com/id/102355633

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.