Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. I almost think the Bulls needed this stretch. They got hot and thought they were invincible and didn't realize you need to do what Thibbs is asking. I think we'll see them regroup and play their best basketball in time and we'll look back on this slump as a key tipping point in the season, imo. Earlier in the season, when we struggled, people didn't think Thibbs was accurate in his message...now the players seem to be speaking Thibbs talk about what is wrong and now that they are both seeing eye to eye, we should see our defense take a major step forward, imo. Biggest thing is I expect Rose to improve as season goes on (and same for Noah).
  2. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 10:06 AM) Definitely agree with Tomlin and Harbaugh The Steelers have had some pretty "meh" teams under Tomlin too though. Reality is I want to change the shape and culture and I think Fox would very much do that. I also think at his age, he isn't worried about having powerful and knowledgeable assistants and top assistants would love to work with him (knowing their is a form of job security). I really think he'd be a tremendous hire.
  3. I think the only way the Bears hire their next head coach this week, is if it is John Fox. If it is any other coach, I don't anticipate them hiring him until next week, once Pace has had a chance to meet with Quinn. Just my 2 cents. I do think they will hire Fox and it will happen pretty quickly (I think by Friday...most likely Thursday).
  4. I think the only way the Bears hire their next head coach this week, is if it is John Fox. If it is any other coach, I don't anticipate them hiring him until next week, once Pace has had a chance to meet with Quinn. Just my 2 cents. I do think they will hire Fox and it will happen pretty quickly (I think by Friday...most likely Thursday).
  5. QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 8, 2015 -> 03:02 PM) Are you sure about that ? That just sounds ridiculous. http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf/2...1/post_411.html The Indians previous bullpen coach was hired to manage the Rays in December. Bere replaces Kevin Cash (Rays new manager).
  6. QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 13, 2015 -> 07:27 AM) I'm looking forward to moving to Tmobile where this can be accommodated better. Really what just makes this s*** luck is timing for me. I would have jumped ship but I need my credit and am hoarding all cash while we hope to execute this short sale purchase. I will say, this is why I regard the iPhone 4 to be best phone ever. Thing lasted 30 months without fail, and continues to serve as a backup for us and my friends. Loved that thing. Can't move back to it now because at&t phone. Tmobile might be worse. Tmobile, to get the best value prop, you need to keep your phones on the longer end of the cycle. If you are paying retail every 12 months, a large chunk (if not all) of the savings between carriers gets eaten up.
  7. Under zero scenario is Dunn a HOF'er. Not in my eyes.
  8. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 05:11 PM) I'd say yes to either of the top 2 QBs. I'm wondering what QB might be available around the start of the 2nd? Hundley is the only real shot...or Cardale Jones. I'm kind of serious when I say Jones.
  9. QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:13 PM) Cardale should declare. He is pretty old for a college QB and no guarantee he starts next year. Probably would be a mid round pick given his size and arm. His raw tools are insane. Dude reminds me of Cam.
  10. I really want John Fox. Like as in really really bad.
  11. QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 04:24 PM) I can care less about his personality, if the bears are rebuilding and they can get something for him, let him go. Even if they don't wanna rebuild for long, I still think swapping BM for a deep threat could really benefit the offense. I think Wilson could be a solid WR, but I'm not sure he'll be a deep threat. Alshon has already surpassed BM IMO, esp. When you consider age. IMO a deep ball home run hitter to open the middle of the field is what this offense needs. It is what the receiving core needs but the offense needs an oline more than anything.
  12. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...-htmlstory.html Really...Rose was the one guy on the team not to show up. If so, pathetic (so you could rest...please...you can go to the white house and still walk at your kids graduation in 20 years). If other players weren't there, I don't have a problem, but if everyone else took part and you weren't sick or something, I don't like it.
  13. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 12:46 PM) Having a defense certainly helps Reality is having a QB, strong lines, and a good football team is far more important. Spending big money on wideouts is statistically foolish, with very rare exceptions, imo. And in the case of the Bears, the amount we will have to pay to all these wideouts and skill position players is even more foolish. If we didn't have Jeffrey and Bennett, I might be signing a different tune but when we have the others I think the power of the statement of moving Marshall could and would be very strong. I think the same thing about moving Jay (although I don't think jay is some cancer...not in the least..I also don't think he's a huge leader).
  14. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 11:55 AM) ?? He's literally the best or 2nd best WR in the history of the franchise. After 3 seasons with the team. It would be crazy to get rid of him solely because of attitude issues. And what has having Brandon Marshall got us? What did having Megatron get the Lions for all those seasons (and all the money they paid him). Even this year, you think they made the playoffs cause of Calvin (he missed a good chunk of the year and did fine)? And Megatron is a good dude and obviously elite, but bottom line there is a heck of a lot more to it than stats and a lot of the elite wideouts more often than not don't make the playoffs.
  15. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 11:54 AM) All the awfulness gets jumbled up, but it might have been the Patriots game where he basically stopped running routes in the 3rd quarter cause it was a blowout. Don't tell me that he is the only one who gives a s***. Yep. He literally quit in one of the games and than got heat for it and than started making some case about how hard he tries and how he tries harder than eveyrone else (and than ran his mouth in the lockeroom about it). I'm sure players are like, dude shut up. I'm busting my ass (not saying all of them were) too but I don't need to keep trumping about it (especially not after you quit on us the last game). Marshall is funny and I admire the fact that he's cleaned up his off the field issues, but I firmly believe he is still a gigantic cancer in the clubhouse.
  16. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 11:53 AM) Insiders who are buddy buddy with guys like Tillman and Briggs and the old guard who are still pissed that Lovie got canned. Sorry man, I don't buy that. I'm sure Marshall was annoying and got in people's faces and was very vocal. And I think that's great. Too many soft spoken people on that roster anyway. Zero leadership. That has to change, and when Marshall is playing well and doesn't need to be that vocal person he shuts up and says and does all the right things. And the Bears are one injury away from having a pretty terrible and inexperienced WR core. Why on earth would you break up the best asset this Bears team has? If you're going in a different direction from Jay, a new QB is going to be helped more with 2 stud WR's over 1. When you are manic it isn't good to have people in your faces. And you say he was great for the first two years, who the hell knows whether that was really the case or not. I think marshall is the type that one minute he's yelling and high fiving his teammates, next minute he's in their face yelling and pissed, than back to the other and all over the map (have you listened to some of his interviews for god sakes). On top of it, he is blabbing with the media and creating other issues for the lockerroom to deal with (vs. keeping stuff inside which is preferred). That has major repercussions on a lockeroom and when you see those guys get different treatment from coaches, it drives further issues regarding your ability to discipline, etc. Bottom line, the most successful coaches, manage everyone the same damn way (not necessarily same message, but the ego's and dollars are checked at the door and the best players win and everyone is disciplined and held to the same standards).
  17. QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 11:48 AM) As I said, if Love leaves, then that will be a disaster. I have no inside information on that front. Love is also overrated, imo. He is not a top 10 player in this game. Doesn't do enough to make others better and can't make the playoffs on his own. Look at Minny, they should be exstatic at the results of that trade (and this is just in yr 1 of Wiggins). That said, if the Cavs figure things out and win, than Cleveland shouldn't have anything to worry about. And you could talk about LBJ having an idea about the trade happening or not, but bottom line, trade hadn't been made and LBJ was on your roster, so you were under no obligation to trade him. Could he get pissed and opt out, sure, but you still need to make whatever you think is the best basketball move. Judging by a lot of the moves the Cavs keep making, I don't know that they know what that is. There doesn't seem to be a plan other than keep throwing guys in who don't necessarily fit. Outside of having LBJ, they seem to be making Isiah Thomas-esque moves. All that said...I'm probably jinxing it and they will end up looking like geniuses.
  18. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 11:45 AM) You know what builds a winning culture? Winning. You know how to hurt your chances of winning? Getting rid of a top 5 WR in the game. It would be moronic to move him just because of his attitude. You hate on Cutler all the damn time. What has Marshall won? I'm not saying you look at it in that vacuum but there are more to the business and the game than pure stats.
  19. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 11:45 AM) You know what builds a winning culture? Winning. You know how to hurt your chances of winning? Getting rid of a top 5 WR in the game. It would be moronic to move him just because of his attitude. The Bears have plenty of other skill position players (Jeffrey, Forte, and Bennett). If Marshall is as bad as some of the insiders are indicating, he needs to be gone. Case closed. I am sick and tired of our losing ways and what has gone on under the Trestman era. Look at most of the recent superbowl champs, did any of them have a top 5 wideout? I don't think so? The best wideouts in the game have had a hell of a time being on consistent winners (Megatron, Fitz, Julio, Bmarsh, Dez (finally makes it his first year). Get rid of Bmarsh now anyway, cause we can only spend so much on skill-position players (more money should be invested in the oline / d-line anyway) and I'd rather be able to give it to Jeffrey (if new coaches can get him to stop making so many stupid penalties and help him continue to grow...I do hope our WR coach sticks around).
  20. QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 11:39 AM) Meh. Love has been a bit disappointing, but he's still averaging 18 a game on only 13 shots and rebounding well. They needed a big at some point. There's also a decent chance that Lebron knew that deal was in the works when he agreed to sign there. Wiggins would still need to get a lot better or Love would have to leave for them to "hate" the deal. And next year when he is playing somewhere else (which will be the case if they don't at least make the final), they will be hating it even more.
  21. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 11:11 AM) Well there's rumors about him being a "menace" or whatever in the locker room, but maybe a competent coach could correct that. The Bears need to build a winning culture and the right culture. You can't do that when one of the faces is Marshall. Get rid of Brandon. Brandon fits on teams, but for it to work, he needs to join an organization with a strong culture that has already been shaped. Don't like Brandon help shape your culture...it will be a losing culture.
  22. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 10:52 AM) Worth asking a question...let's say the Bears trade Cutler and go all-in on "rebuilding". What would have more use to the Bears, Marshall or a ~4th round pick next year in that case? Clearing out that cap space and adding a future pick could be the right move if they dump their QB without a replacement that can help them compete now. Not to mention the impacts of building the "right" culture which is huge. When you have the right culture build, you can bring in guys like Marshall and make it work, however, it is hard to build the right culture when you have those guys. My opinion....Marshall is gone. I think jay is too but i don't think he necessarily ruins the culture but the key would be having a QB who helps drive the same culture (I don't think that is Jay and that is mainly because I don't think he is a natural leader...he certainly isn't a guy that is going to be disliked either though and ruin the clubhouse, which is what Marshall very much can do).
  23. During his interview on ESPN (which is going on right now), he did talk about how he is going to bug Ernie a ton. He didn't say he is going to bug Ted a ton.
  24. QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 09:47 AM) Jerry Angelo had all of the power and built a roster that went to the super bowl then somehow Lovie Smith was allowed to have a say in personnel decisions and there went the slow train to non-super bowl team. I am thinking this was not Jerry Angelo's idea. If the GM is reporting to Ted, Ted has a role. He is not scouting and hands on but he has a role. If not, the GM would not report to him. There is something there and I do not like it. A direct line between George and the GM is what needs to happen. I think what Pace indicated was ultimately while he has final say, it shouldn't ever come down to him having final say as he should have that good of a relationship with the HC that they literally see eye to eye or can reach an agreement. I think that is critical because it ensures you are getting people who fit the coaches style, scheme's, etc, and you aren't worried about that because you agree wholeheartedly with what the coaches are doing, etc.
  25. QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 09:53 AM) I agree, as well as Brandon Marshall. Pace put a strong emphasis on character. Marshall very well could of ran his mouth out of town. Yeah; I liked the fact that one of the first things he talked about was character.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.