Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 07:03 PM) I was ready to bash anyone who drafted McGary but have to say he's pretty perfect for OKC. Local dealers are pretty happy too since he's stuck there. Is he really into drugs or something?
  2. QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 07:01 PM) At this point I'd rather Bulls get some one they targeted than keep collecting assets they won't use. High basketball IQ, great shooter, give him to Thibs. I don't give a s*** about backup point guards. Check out how many effing pgs were just drafted. It's the easiest position to fill. Not to mention the team is going to bring back one of Hinrich / Augustin.
  3. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 06:56 PM) I dont hate McDermott, I hate trading up for him. I hope he becomes the best player in the NBA. I just cant defend what the Bulls did there. (edit) Ive seen McDermott maybe 20-30 times, Im just not sure how much posting up hell do at the 4. Sure at the 3 he might outsize people, but then you have him guarding quicker guys on defense. I just think Hood/Young were better fits and that gave you the bonus of taking a PG at 19 and having more insurance. McDermott was rated well above a lot of those guys on draft boards. A lot of people had him going top 10. Again draft boards are what they are anyway but it isn't like we took traded up and took a 2nd rounder, we traded up to take a guy no one had falling to us at 16 who the Bulls clearly are pretty high on.
  4. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 06:55 PM) Nobody traded 2 first rounders for Harris. If McDermott was our 16th pick, Id be perfectly content. We gave up a valuable piece for a guy that is no sure thing. It really is odd. We weren't taking 2 US picks. We were either taking one guy and then stashing a Euro player or trading the pick anyway. Bulls are really high on McDermot and I still don't even know if he stays in Chicago or not. All I know is he was a great scorer / shooter in college so could be a nice 4th or 5th starter (good scorer off the bench). Maybe he turns into more but the options were always having the Bulls get 1 guy who would end up being on a roster this year. I don't like the idea of trading in these situations either and would have rather just made who the Bulls thought were best at the two spots too but I do have faith in the Bulls scouting.
  5. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 06:38 PM) Since I don't follow college ball, God I hope you're right. Despite all the b****ing on this board, this front office has proven the fact that it has historically been exceptional at drafting.
  6. QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 03:41 PM) I can already see Paxson and Gar keeping flexibility for 2019 plan. What does it matter, you can be great now (w/Melo) and then still get flexible then when it makes sense. Jabari isn't going to be a star in year 1, so worse case you wait another 4 years and sign him then with the lure of bringing him home. It isn't like he's going to get drafted by the Lakers or some major market team that will end up keeping him. If he's truly transcendental or something, Bulls could easily sign him as a FA (or he can force a trade eventually to Chicago with threat of not resigning). Technically, had the Lakers not gave Kobe so much money, they too could have 2 max offers and they already could make a max offer to either of them. They are just a hot mess right now that no one wants to sign with, which is very strange, but they could easily position themselves and are one of the few places, that could relatively easily make room for Melo & James. Worry about collecting assets and making sure you are always in a position that you are competitive and thus attractive to those stars and then obviously don't be shy when the opportunities arise.
  7. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 03:20 PM) He's not the only player in the draft worth taking... If Jabari ends up being so great, we just sign him away from the Bucks / Cavs when he becomes a FA.
  8. Its officially Belgium on Tuesday, right?
  9. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 02:04 PM) Alright, who has some bold predictions for this years class? Here are a few I have: 1) Wiggins will be a bust. Not an out-of-the-league-in-three-years kinda bust, but not an all-star quality player either. I watched a fair amount of Kansas games and except for the clearly apparent athletic ability, he never really blew me away with his basketball skills. I also have no faith in any of the top three teams to develop him. 2) Randle ends up being one of the top 2-3 NBA players out of this draft. Not sure he'll be a perennial all-star, but up to that level and a steady contributor. 3) McDermott becomes a quality NBA player. Not all-star level, but not a bench warmer either. Definitely not Adam Morrison/Jimmer 2.0 So you want the Bulls to tank but then talk about how Wiggins would be a bust, etc. Not sure I'm really following this.
  10. QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 12:53 PM) He had 8 games where he scored double digits in his final 28 games. He was dreadful. Athleticism is through the roof, but again, how many uber athletes did the Spurs have? Defensively he's going to be elite. You talk about scoring but Thibbs will find a way to use him and be more patient with his development due to his defensive prowess. Offensively his game is a work in process, with a lot of upside. Spurs did have some pretty darn good athletes. Park / Leonard are both great athletes and Duncan is no slouch (just the best 4 to ever play the game).
  11. QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 12:55 PM) Pretty much. But what if he pulls the deal off and then LeBron decides he's better off elsewhere? Plus, if you're LeBron, do you seriously think Melo's a better option than Harden? Harden's younger and he's a better long-range shooter. Plus he's a natural 2, unlike Carmelo, who's a 3. Ok...let me explain things a little clearer. First, no trade for Melo can be made right now...None. 2nd, the only way they are making that trade is if Lebron and Melo have both told the Rockets they want to go there and verbally agreed. That is it. The Rockets are just making sure they have scenarios lined up if those options do come to fruition. It is smart.
  12. QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 12:51 PM) So how stupid would Morey be to trade Harden for Melo straight up? I don't even think Melo's that much better than Harden, if at all. Read the other posts; They are only making that trade if Lebron and Melo are a package deal coming to Houston. They won't make it before then (unless of course that is something Melo wants).
  13. Jordan Bernfield ‏@JordanBernfield 2h .@RicBucher said on our show the report that D Rose wouldn't want to play with Melo or wants Love more "couldn't be further from the truth."
  14. I still can't believe the Rockets did so well on Asik. Makes you cringe that we didn't sign him and end up doing the same this thing year. In hindsight, we would have gotten a few extra years out of Asik and then what looks to be a pretty darn good lotto pick this year (since reports are anything from 4-19 would go to Houston). I am pretty worried about Morey. He is a mover and a shaker. Houston is a total dump of a city but they have a lot to offer personnel wise (+ lack of state income tax). Worries me, although would Melo really want to go from NY to Houston. Chicago is a smaller version of NY. He'd still have access to tons of fun places, eateries, etc, and a first class city. Houston really doesn't offer that, imo.
  15. @HowardBeck Rival exec tells me Rockets already have a Jeremy Lin deal lined up and ready to execute if they need the cap room to sign Melo or LBJ.
  16. Ric Bucher has reported that the Rose camp has reached out to Melo to let him know they want him in Chicago!
  17. QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 12:37 PM) He continued to get better and better? Didn't he score like 6 points total in his last 5 games? He wouldn't get off Thibs bench for 3 years. I'm saying as a talent. I'm talking season as a whole and he was playing really good for UCLA down the stretch in PAC 10 play. Wasn't focused as much on scoring as just overall game. He's raw with serious upside. He'd be the type of guy you stash and develop through practice but his defensive upside is the reason you can probably eventually get Thibbs to buy into him. More then anything right now we need shooting and Lavine doesn't address that right now so for the Bulls they probably don't take him, but I think he has as much, if not more, pure upside then anyone else at those spots in the draft. Note: Like anyone as raw as he was, you were going to have your bad games too, which he had plenty of offensively during the season.
  18. QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 12:30 PM) Also, just an aside, but I can't believe the Lavine love. That kid is so raw, he reminds me of Tyrus Thomas hype except the NBA has gotten smarter. Lavine at 16 or 19 would be a huge coup. Guy at a minimum will be an elite defender at his position and has a lot of ultimate upside. We aren't talking about a top 5 pick here. And having watched UCLA, he continued to get better and better. Lots of upside for a guy slated to go somewhere in the teens.
  19. QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 12:30 PM) Look at the Lakers. That's what we'd be. A team with an expensive oft-injured "star", an aging and broken Gasol (Noah if we had tanked), and a whole lotta garbage around em. But hey! The #7 pick! So excited are they they are trying to turn that into Klay Thompson. Exactly. Like we'd want to even be close to that situation.
  20. Ventura seems to be great at managing the people aspects of the game. I don't care who you are, with this bullpen, you aren't winning. I think you look at how he handles the clubhouse and develops players and then evaluate things at the end of the season. If you think he needs some help on the X's and O's, then you hire a better bench coach. I certainly don't see any reason why he should be fired this year.
  21. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 11:10 AM) My comment was actually directly based on the betting pov. I think Portugal was maybe a few percentage points more likely to get out of the group but it really wasn't that much. I think that skews Ghana downward, as US / Portugal have a much stronger following internationally (and more international respect) but agree. The reason this group was one of the toughest was the depth and strength of all three of this teams. These teams could have made it out of almost any other bracket, but aren't moving forward. There were some brackets where the 3rd and 4th teams were both hot garbage, imo. CONCA has done very well, which is something we should all be proud of as it adds more respect / credibility to our region / contingent. Now lets move forward!!
  22. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 11:05 AM) I dunno that that's true. I guess you could say Gibson might not be as valuable as he is today because he had a great season, but I think he still had a lot of value. If anything Butler has dropped in value. Management tried to tank. They got rid of the best player after Rose. They signed guys off the scrap heap. I dunno that you get in the top 3 (although there's always the chance), but anywhere in the top 10 would have been great. If we were coming off a 35 win season, with a #10 pick, we would be worse off. I'd rather the shot at Melo then the 10th pick. Screw that. Nothing franchise changing about a 10th pick (at least not in the near term). Could it hit, sure, but we have 16 and 19 in a deep and young draft. Give me a Euro player + Levine or another youngster with some upside (or grab a shooter) and I'm content.
  23. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 11:02 AM) Not sure it had much to do with reputation so much as at least you get SOMETHING for the guy. You know the guy is leaving regardless of what you do, so why not get at least some pennies back. I don't think any organization wants to have a wrap of not helping another team, when they make a realistic offer, out of pure principle. For example, say the Heat made a fair offer to Cleveland for a S&T and that was what everyone wanted and they still said no..no...no, then it is something that is a strike for other players. It would be like this people talking about the Heat tricking Wade to opt-out (saying they'll give him 4yrs 60 million) and once he does, they go another path and don't bring him back. Good luck signing people when you have a history of that. The Bulls are still scarred from some of the stuff Krause does. It really matter, these guys are a fraternity and you better take care of your players or when they want to make a change (especially when it is in FA), ultimately end up respecting their wishes.
  24. QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 11:05 AM) I think a lot of people in this thread had the US moving on originally. So for them, it's not a huge surprise I guess. I was not expecting us to win a game, honestly. I had two draws and a loss and that was my optimistic outlook. And umm...Michael Bradley...that was a really bad game from him. The field conditions were bad, but everyone had to deal with it and not everyone was having the ball pop up on them like Bradley. A lot of people that were homers. You have to look at the international view point, imo, or the betting view points, which tend to be much better indicators.
  25. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 10:59 AM) Meh, I'd say like a 4 or 5. Us and Portugal were very close for most likely to grab that 2nd spot out of this group. People are really underselling Ghana. Ghana played very well against Germany, outplayed us (albeit we suffered some tough injuries) and really were just a disaster this past game due to off the field issues. That is what made the bracket so tough, you had a total juggernaut in Germany and 3 other teams that were fully capable of advancing, so no real cookie. I think outside the world, some would have said the US was the worst team in the bracket, my personal belief has long been that all 3 teams were in a similar spot but when you consider we played without Altidore, our leading scorer over the past year +, this is a very good result and something most people wouldn't have expected. I think our % of advancing was down in the low 30%'s if I recall and I'd put this at a 7 or so. First time in US history to advance out of group play 2 straight cups. Now lets beat Belgium!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.