Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
2014 FIFA World Cup
QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 07:20 PM) I was gonna talk smack to the posters here who were whooping it up after Mexico got eliminated but decided to take the high road. Decided it was enough just knowing you guys got thoroughly outclassed. I hate the way the Mexico team plays and the way their fans treat opposing teams. Complete and utter lack of class and that is why I will always root massively against them. Watching the Belgium game, they played with total class. I tip my cap to them and the best team won and I have zero problem if the Belgians win the whole cup.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 07:31 AM) If the Knicks won't take Boozer then that means the Bulls would have to bring in another team who was wiling to do so, making things extraordinarily messy. Lakers might be that team.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 07:07 AM) Boozer/Butler/Dunleavy/Smith and the non gaurenteed contracts of James/Brewer/Amundson is a touch over 27M. Swapping out Butler for Snell would add up to 26.6. How close does it have to be? Melo/JR/Prig is 27.6. Those first 4 don't have a contract that last past this coming up season so if they're looking to make a push in FA next year the deal works for them. They HAVE to take Boozer...Unless they can make a 3 way deal. That would leave the Bulls with Rose/Prigioni Smith/Snell or more preferably Butler/Smith Melo/DMD Taj/Mirotic Noah/Vet min Might be worth noting that Prig and Mirotic were teammates so that could help his transition. That trade works.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
I agree with this.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 05:23 PM) Thibs is close with Melo's agent. Agreed (they share the same agents); Still, it seems that with the draft selections and everything, Thibbs / Front office have been on the same page and working together. I have long thought the "tension" was overblown. Did it exist, sure, however, with time, things blow over, and in hindsight, the plan is looking pretty good and no matter what this franchise will be improved this year, imo. Thibbs picking up Melo and chauffering him around was a money move, imo. Also great the KC is reporting Taj was included because Melo has already indicated he wants Taj around and part of the squad. Presume Melo / Taj know each other from the time Taj spent practicing with Team USA.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
Again, does that sound like something an organization with this major impass between front office and coach? Maybe that was part of the reason they did it (to alleviate that perception), either way, it sure seems to me that everyone is on the same page and all this media talk about Thibbs and FO is completely overblown.
-
OBAMA/TRUMPCARE MEGATHREAD
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 09:22 AM) I googled each one of the ones I mentioned and got a stock quote. Ernst and Young and PWC are not publicly traded.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 03:36 PM) Lebron will be out of Miami in two years. Maybe he'll try to team up with Durant or something because I believe both will be FAs in 2016. Yep; He will clearly have another opt out in this new deal. I'm sure Bosh will as well. Wade can but by that point he'll be completely worthless.
-
2014 FIFA World Cup
Fantastic late effort and a fun run. Thanks for the fun USA...get better and lets make it further 4 years from now!!! Jozy, Julian, and Yedlin should provide us with some very bright offensive futures. Some late shots but I'm not going to lose much sleep over that, given how much we were outplayed. Hope the Belgians go far. They played an extremely clean match with minimal diving, etc. Class acts with some legit playmakers.
-
2014 FIFA World Cup
Almost stole one....have to clean up the back line on defense. I believe that we will win!!!
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23407...Space-Available If you hadn't already pre-worked deals, how does this happen. I really hope league hammers the Heat. Note: If this report is in fact true. Could be total BS.
-
2014 FIFA World Cup
Dangerous 1st half. Belgium created tons of opportunities. Some nice balls by US but need to clean things up a lot on defense. I believe that we will win.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
Taj has just entered the UC.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 12:18 PM) Wow, that is quite the paycut for Bosh... He's really sacrificed his career for DWade and LeBron. I've come to root for Bosh. Seems like he gets all this hate but he's been extremely unselfish in everything and is still an excellent player, imo. I can't stand Wade though.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
Rumor: Miami Heat Chris Bosh will sign 5 year deal starting at $11m/yr. Dwyane Wade 4 year deal starting at $12m/yr. (Source: John Canzano) If so, kudos to Bosh, who is actually valuable, to take that significant of a pay cut to make it happen. That will give Heat enough money to bring in Lowry +.
-
2014 FIFA World Cup
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 12:07 PM) Obviously we have to get by Belgium first but if we do we can absolutely beat Argentina. We certainly wouldn't be the favorite, nor should we be but they've been vulnerable every game they've played. Too far in the future. Lets focus on the Belgium game. I believe that we will win!
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 11:40 AM) He is the only guy who I trust. Granted, even KC can be used by teams for various purposes, but like you said, he is usually very careful what he puts out there. Friedell, I couldn't give two s***s what that idiot says. Worthless when you want quick updates though. I think part of it is that he checks with the org to make sure they are okay with him going out of stuff. Just my theory but he is ultra conservative.
-
Another Cuban IF Available
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 11:39 AM) If some were willing to give up the rest of a draft as long as we got Rodon/Adams signed, then the same type of thinking has to be in place here about taking this kid vs. 1 guy ranked 25-35 and then 4-5 guys in the hundreds of thousands for bonuses. I would not give up the rest of an MLB draft for those two.
-
Another Cuban IF Available
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 11:20 AM) That's EXACTLY my point. This guy is a crapshoot as well. He may be a slightly higher chance of success crapshoot, but 5 chances could be better than 1. And if we need "prospects who are hitting the prime of their careers in 2016-2018", he'll be 22-24. That's not even close to hitting the prime of his career. He'd barely be making the big leagues on a normal schedule by the end. Caufield / Balta, lets forget about this prospects hitting the prime of their careers in 2016-2018. We need talent and accumulation of talent (when they hit their prime of their careers is irrelevant). I would argue I'd take a 1 Kolek / Aiken over 5 10th round picks. However, I don't know (not knowing anything other then what some reporters are saying) about this Cuban vs. the 16 year old we were previously rumored on. I tend to think this guy, playing where he did for Cuba, would rank that way, but I don't in fact know that.
-
2014 FIFA World Cup
QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 10:54 AM) I know it sounds dumb, but once u get late in the game, and you realize you're closer to losing than winning, you try your best to reach penalties. it's boring as heck to watch one team dominate but sometimes the better team loses in penalties. The good teams shouldn't think that way but the underdogs likely do because you have a better shot of winning in PK's as there is more chance in that. However, that didn't happen in the Germany game. Why, because the Germans know they had a better shot of winning where their overall talent could outplay vs. something like PK's which can be much more flukey. The other example was the Costa Rica game which was a bad example. CR was doing anything in their power playing a man down to hold the draw and Greece lacked the playmakers to convert scoring opportunities to goals. This Belgium team is loaded with playmakers. If somehow our game got into extra time, I would be very surprised to see the Belgians sitting back and playing for PK's.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BreXUv7CUAMbx39.jpg
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 10:52 AM) Melo on all the video boards outside the UC is kinda overkill isn't it? Show em the love.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
The guy that is usually pretty accurate (although often late to the party) is KC Johnson. He tends to be careful what he leaks and it seems to be only well confirmed stuff. The fact that he mentioned Rose will be involved in the pitch today, should be weighed pretty heavily and is likely true. That means you have Rose, Noah, and Taj all there.
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
In the next few days there is going to be tons of information and misinformation out there.
-
Mariners trade partners?
Knock it off gents. Move on and focus on the actual discussion at hand.