Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 04:19 PM) I do not think those two events are connected in any way. I agree; Rodon is too far down the road to let him signing impact a decision on Danks. I don't think you plan 2 years out on a guy that hasn't yet thrown a pitch. I'm sure some will say, he'll be starting next year, however, I don't think that is all that realistic of expectations.
  2. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 02:54 PM) The thing is, at that point, Rios still had $20 million remaining on his contract, plus the option year (which probably won't be exercised). It's sort of like the White Sox trying to trade John Danks right now and expecting much more than Leury Garcia in return. What makes you think the Rangers are capable of getting more? They look stupid these days, trading Kinsler for Fielder...causing so many bad feelings with Michael Young's position change/s and eventual departure, letting Nelson Cruz go only to see him return with a vengeance with the Orioles...overvaluing their middle infield prospects like Profar and Odor and promptly seeing their value fall substantially. I bet you the Rangers get more for Rios.
  3. Wow. Great news...presuming of course he is healthy and risk for reinjury / non 100% recovery is non-existent.
  4. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 01:05 PM) They were hiding wait times. How does firing administrators who were hiding wait times fix the actual problem, which is high wait times? If the problem is a lack of resources, shuffling management isn't actually going to fix it. A doctor can only see so many people a day, so if you don't have enough capacity, you need more doctors. Turning the VA into the voucher system just means we can keep the same levels of under-resourcing as we currently do, but now it's not directly the responsibility of a single, democratically accountable government agency but is instead the responsibility of the larger healthcare system itself. Yeah, probably shouldn't have fired/jailed the responsible execs at enron for cooking the books? That wouldn't fix the actual problem, which was the fact that it was a sham business.
  5. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 02:42 PM) The longer it drags the more it would seem that everything wont be status quo next year. Bosh could easily take the Rockets money and turn the off-season on its head. Would make for a great NBA season if Melo went to Chicago, Bron to Cleveland, and Bosh to Houston. Would create a few more extremely interesting teams to watch. In theory, Melo going to Lakers would be interesting too. Both would be more interesting then Knicks and create quite a few teams who could be contending for the title.
  6. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 02:27 PM) Would the Cavs be crazy enough to trade Wiggins for Love? I don't really find that all that crazy of a move.
  7. QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 01:37 PM) Where are you hearing this?? I'm following boat loads of NBA guys and haven't heard a whisper. Read on Real GM forums. I think it was some Cleveland beat writer. Note: There was no reference to Klove. For all we know it is just a move they are doing to clear up cap space for LBJ.
  8. QUOTE (ventura_abreu @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 01:34 PM) I like John Danks, but he may be the player that can best be turned for a position prospect that we still need. Normally, I would still stick with keeping a quality left-handed pitcher; however, if Sale, Quintana, and Rodon are expected to be three lefties in our rotation next year, then it would make sense to re-balance things by trading Danks for the best available major league ready or almost ready prospects. Welcome aboard@!@@
  9. Some rumors Cavs about to announce major trade. If it is Klove, Lebron can just head on down.
  10. I really don't know if I'd be feeling all that good about the Heat moves if I were Lebron.
  11. QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 12:44 PM) Say Bosh leaves. This would then just count against the cap then, right? Yep; Which means that is less money they could have given someone like Melo.
  12. QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 12:31 PM) Aren't the heat $50 million under the cap? How do you get a mid level exception when you are under the cap? They haven't fully renounced bird rights on Lebron, Wade, Bosh. As long as it is those guys they bring back in, they go back fully over the cap and thus eligible for MLE. However, if the player is someone like Melo, then they would not be in that position and would not have access to the MLE (as they would be under the cap).
  13. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 12:23 PM) So that means no new free agents that would put them over the cap, correct? Pretty much quells any chance of Melo heading there as they can't sign Melo and use the MLE. I suppose they could maybe do a sign and trade to maneuver it, but I don't know that they would have the players to do so, unless it is some odd 4 team deal with Bosh headed to Houston, Melo to Miami, and expirings / contracts / picks to Knicks?
  14. QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 11:58 AM) They HAD a deal in place for Lin to sixers (reportedly), you have to wonder if that's still there with this reported Amare to 76ers deal. Wait, so Knicks are moving Amare? Wow, if that is the case, can they make a run at LBJ?
  15. QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 09:49 AM) I'm not sure where Jerry's caps are re: international players but I am guessing we probably just about hit it on Abreu and were probably overboard in our bidding for Tanaka. I don't know if we'll go crazy on anyone out there. At this point (looking 2015+) thanks in HUGE part to the extensions of Sale and Q, we're actually a "take on money for talent" team than a "move money" team. I think if someone calls Hahn and offers to take on Danks' contract giving nothing back, honestly, I don't think he makes that deal. I don't know that paying Danks what we pay him, given the bulk of quality lefties we have, necessarily makes sense long-term. We do need pitching though so I don't say we should just trade pitching, however, if we could move Danks and get some sort of piece we think is quality (not talking top 100 prospect) and clear cash to allow us to take on other contracts that we think are better fits, then I say do it.
  16. QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 09:15 AM) And so shall (we all) receive! The best thing about this looming deal is the psychological aspect, just that "healing" feeling for the fanbase. And I think that's all we're going to get. I think the Sox should look to move more money. The more we can free up for international FA's in future the better. Additionally, it will allow club to be flexible in acquiring younger talent and having the resources to sign it (as well as giving money to new core players to continue in this retool). Just my 2 cents.
  17. QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 09:26 AM) Ah, yes, the return for Tank and Beckham is going to be enormous. Enormously small.
  18. QUOTE (venom4789 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 09:35 AM) I can see them doing a bit of both. If we are able to aqcuire a player that helps us in the future we have shown we dont mind doing that. I am hoping to be able to move dunn, and hopefully someone thinks de aza is worth something. Im still in between on dayan, i wouldnt mind keeping him, unless we are given an offer we can refuse. Welcome aboard!! I think this is a time where Sox will selectively buy towards their rebuilding.
  19. Note: Mega threads is not the goal of this. If a thread warrants new information or new team rumors, lets put it in its own title so it is called out and easily viewed by new members. Plus, as wite said, I make millions for every new thread And by millions...we really mean $0. LOL.
  20. Time for TradeWinds to open. I predict Sox rumors to start popping up now that the best spot on the interweb to talk White Sox has opened up its rumor forum!!!
  21. We are into July and with the ASG coming up, rumors are a bound to show up. Will the Sox buy or sell, no better place then Trade Winds.
  22. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 6, 2014 -> 12:56 PM) I didn't, we got a white pizza and Hawaiian pizza, and both were just bad. I am all about trying all kinds of different pizzas, but bad is bad. The Scilian pizza is really good. Thin crust pizza is delicious.
  23. QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jul 6, 2014 -> 11:28 AM) I can co-sign this. Not probably, it is. Originally from Chicago and in California now and the pizza is terrible. LUCKILY there's a Chicago pizza place I've found in Orange County that would survive even downtown. What is the name of it?
  24. QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 08:17 AM) Or there's those reports that LeBron's going to Cleveland... Broussard is a fool. His reporting has been absolutely tragic.
  25. QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jul 5, 2014 -> 06:58 AM) Whether we're contending or sinking at the bottom of the AL Central I think we can all agree Dunn should be moved. What can be our return from any teams that may be interested. Throw some team and prospect names around. I say we can get at most a B level prospect and low level pitching prospect. Share I expect nothing.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.