Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 12:05 PM) I think it's a badly-worded joke. He's asking which team holds the record for having the most number of speedy, left-handed outfielders with no power . The Sox have 2, Danks and Wise. Is this a Juan Pierre reference? Wise has pretty good pop (as does Danks). They certainly don't have "no power".
  2. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 08:26 AM) For a guy who is older than Gordon Beckham and has a career .560 OPS, Jordan Danks gets an extreme amount of love around here. How does one conclude he is better than Wise? I don't know. Wise has proven to be pretty darn solid off the bench. Knows how to handle a stick, can play all 3 positions in the outfield, solid baserunner. Danks has some tools but in reality he'll never be anything more then a Dwayne Wise anyway. And this is coming from a guy that likes Danks.
  3. He'll be around a lot longer. I'd have dealt his ass after last year.
  4. Q just flat out knows how to pitch. Changes speeds well...good 2 seamer. Changes planes. Really like Q.
  5. Santiago has really good stuff for a guy that nobody outside of White Sox fans ever heard of. Command can be iffy but he should have a long career in the majors as a back of the rotation guy or a reliever.
  6. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 02:41 PM) Technically the bottom of the grand canyon is still at an elevation of about 2000 feet. You can still go a long way down from there. Haha...I didn't even have to read who posted this...as soon as I saw the content...I knew it was you Brian.
  7. Way too early for the stats to mean anything, that said, nice that the Sox finally had an easy win. Oh and did I mention, I really like Q.
  8. I know....and I'm sick of having that kind of news burried in another thread, that I may or may not skip over (since most of it is filled with a bunch of crap about how he's done or toast). This is actual news I would care about and its great that I can see it pretty quickly.
  9. The catch-all goes on minor hiatus.
  10. Sick of having news burried in one massive thread. Per Sox radio crew during yesterday's game. This is good news as Danks continues to show progress from his surgery.
  11. Chisoxfn replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Its challenging...which ensures that I continue to grow and develop as a professional.
  12. Booya. I called the walk-off to my wife. First called shot of the year. With a 2-0 count, I told her, watch, he's going to get an elevated fastball and park it...sure enough Tank crushed it!!!
  13. QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 6, 2013 -> 08:49 PM) If an administrator has multiple accounts, I don't think it is worth trying to deal with anyway. ss2k5/kyyle/balta will just destroy you so you either play along or get out. But see how "the administrators" always seem to agree with each other? Fishy... i'm amazed you guys haven't figured out that SS2K and Balta are the same person...just two different personalities.
  14. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 5, 2013 -> 08:29 AM) I think he was being sarcastic and defending Rose despite the fact that the two situations could not be more different. I refuse to defend Rose. I'm sure if he plays like an MVP again it will all be forgiven but the way he is handling this season disgusts me.
  15. QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 05:00 PM) While his bro maybe giving bad advice, him being worthless is lay out BS since he was a huge factor in keeping Derrick out of trouble growing up and keeping him on the right path. We have a bunch of Dave Kaplans on this board. Rose is a f***ing p****. He's been practicing for 1.5-2 months at this point. I hate saying it, but thats what he is acting like right now. I hope he redeems himself, but right now, the guy who I once thought had this killer instinct seems very much the opposite. He doesn't have what Kobe and Jordan did, at least at this point he doesn't.
  16. QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 4, 2013 -> 04:20 PM) When are people going to start calling Noah a girl? Seriously. Is this to just rile me up. Noah is a tough dude. Remember the ankle injury he tried playing through during last years playoffs.
  17. QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 3, 2013 -> 05:15 PM) Wrong. It was never about if they are good enough, it was about their resume. Somehow having the record they did in conference play (in the best conference in the league) should have been worth something. Out of conference might have sucked but they won out of conference and then did a good job in a tough conference. They should have sealed the deal by not blowing some of the close games that they did though.
  18. Awesome win!!! Sale the magnificent!!!
  19. QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 06:34 AM) Probables for the first two weeks: vs Royals 4-1 Sale vs Shields 4-3 Peavy vs Santana 4-4 Floyd vs Guthrie vs Mariners 4-5 Quintana vs Beavan 4-6 Axelrod vs Hernandez 4-7 Sale vs Iwakuma at Nationals 4-9 Peavy vs Gonzalez 4-10 Floyd vs Zimmermann 4-11 Quintana vs Haren at Indians 4-12 Axelrod vs Masterson 4-13 Sale vs Jimenez 4-14 Peavy vs Myers Dang...that would have been a fun trip. Go to DC (where I've never been) and caught a Sox game vs. the Nats.
  20. As a UCLA and Iowa fan....I was flabbergasted. Wow is all I can say. I remember being so excited when Iowa hired Alford....that s*** wore out. Now to see UCLA hire him, uggh. It could end up working out. Alford can and should be able to sell but if I were a hard core UCLA person I'd be b****ing and moaning like crazy. I will say his personality is a much better fit and at UCLA he should have the tools to recruit like crazy.
  21. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 02:51 PM) Louis was pretty darn good. I don't necessarily think PFF's numbers are perfect. Now the health of Louis is in question but I'd say Louis/Slauson is a wash. I feel I'm generous in saying it was a wash. Upside wise Louis had a shot to take more steps forward, albeit, you just never know due to the injury (which is why I'm ultimately concluding it as a wash).
  22. QUOTE (Boogua @ Mar 29, 2013 -> 02:11 PM) Yes, he has had a positive score on PFF the last three years at guard (not by much, but it's still positive) and has played in every game the last three years. For someone to think he isn't an upgrade is just absurd. Louis was pretty darn good. I don't necessarily think PFF's numbers are perfect. Now the health of Louis is in question but I'd say Louis/Slauson is a wash.
  23. Happy Bday Bob!!!
  24. The oline is still bad. Tackle position is upgraded. Guard position is not upgraded. I hope one of the top guards is there in round 1.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.