Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 20, 2013 -> 07:03 PM) I seem to remember pointing out that Urlacher sucked a year or two ago and that Briggs was much more important to this defense...and getting absolutely bashed for it...is this sour grapes or do people finally see that this guy has been overrated since about 2008? I remember being right there with you regarding Briggs. I love me some Briggsy!
  2. Did this actually happen? I have a job so if someone posts someone I expect there to be a link. I went to two sites and found nothing so I assume this is more discussion or there have been some movements that MLB is getting closer to getting all parties to agree to such? Clearly Selig has wanted to do this for a while.
  3. Wow, Bulls comeback ruined. If Noah didn't tip that, I think that is a bucket by Belinelli.
  4. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 10:54 PM) Jake Long to Rams for $36M/4 Years To be honest, that isn't a bad deal at all. Sure he has some injury issues but that is relatively reasonable (especially the yrs).
  5. Its downright disgraceful. Disgusting. Its one thing to be wrong with info its another to flat out lie. Its crap like that which causes people to give good blogs and websites with good and real sources a hard time/crap when they are wrong.
  6. QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Mar 14, 2013 -> 08:53 AM) So Kobe's hurt and whining like a b**** about a dirty play. I'm not sure I see that, but I can't really be impartial when it comes to Kobe. Jones definitely steps into and fouls him, but I don't think you can infer intent to injure from that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihq0xxIlkaU...eature=youtu.be I'll bet Dwight Howard will have some interesting tips for Kobe about sucking it up and playing through pain. You have to remember this is the same player who admitted he intentionally tripped Kobe back when he was on the Nuggets.
  7. Both of these deals are pretty reasonable deals. Neither guys are stars but both fill major needs and make the team better. Got to really love it. Plus, unlike last year where Emery ended up signing a bunch of role players, these guys are starters at key positions (TE & LT). I think there is a decent chance they add another starter at the guard position this off-season as well via free agency and possibly another starter on the oline via draft (I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we had 3 new starters on the line and fully expect 2 new starters).
  8. I would like to sign Heyward Bay at the right price. Total speed burner.
  9. QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 11, 2013 -> 03:17 PM) Haven't seen a college baseball thread, but had to mention this somewhere... Indiana Baseball Cracks Top 25 For First Time Ever Meh. *Cough* #8 Ranked Titans *cough*
  10. QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 04:16 PM) Absolutely. And even more important we can have Webb & Carimi COMPETING at RT, because J'Marcus Webb needs a fire under his ass, self-motivation is not his forte. EDIT: and hopefully Webb proves to be a solid RT and Carimi could maybe play RG? I want the Bears to draft Cooper @ 20, although who knows if he's around.
  11. QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 04:15 PM) Very inconsistent yes, but was very good in 2011. And regardless of what PFF says he's night and day better than Webb, Webb forced the Bears to consistently chip/leave a TE in/run 2 man routes/etc... Kromer has had loads of success as OL coach in NO I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here as long as the price tag isn't outrageous. WEbb isn't bad, he isn't great. What this does is allow Webb to go over to RT and as a result we have a RT and LT that are upgrades over the prior year.
  12. QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 12, 2013 -> 03:44 PM) I'm very interested to see what kind of $$ we're dishing out in these deals, but... I love the fact that we locked up LT and TE today. Leaves plenty of options for them at #20 and allows Emery to definitely go BPA, which is always the smart move. I expect them to draft a guard in the 1st two rounds. My guess is the other pick will be a LB, but they could also use some youth at the cornerback position. I know they've also kicked the tires on some receivers and could look at Tavon Austin at 20.
  13. While I liked another LT more, I really can't complain. Kramer is comfortable with him and knows him and obviously believes he can protect and do a good job. This also allows our RT spot to get significantly better (I think Webb over their is a huge huge upgrade over the pile of feces Carimi was). Carimi can now compete at guard or prove/earn a job at the tackle spot. Bears now can look at guard in the draft (possibly) or can move on to linebacker / best player available in the 1st round (which is quite nice). Can't argue that the Bears just filled 2 of their biggest needs (TE & Oline help) via free agency. I'm sure this was a very expensive signing.
  14. I think the Bears get Long or a guard like Moore.
  15. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 7, 2013 -> 06:09 PM) It's Indiana. On this board it means anything to do with them will be seen through Orange colored classes instead of with any kind of objectivity. They are still sulking from my Hawkeyes beating em.
  16. Happy Birthday to three great posters and members of Soxtalk!!!
  17. Going to the Bulls vs. Lakers game on Sunday. Let it be time for the return.
  18. QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 08:27 PM) Has he said anything new since few days ago? Supposedly he made a comment today talking about how the rest of the bulls are knee pads.
  19. QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 07:18 PM) Have a game Jo....1 BLOCK away from a triple double. 18/18/9 wowzers...just got it....and added one more on top of it!!! 18/18/11!!! How many times has 20/20/10 happened???....the 20/20/10 that he just got. This is ridiculous 21, 20, and 11. Wowza. Have your self a game Joakim!!! How's that for a f***ing knee pad. He ought to go block a ball right into Reggie Rose's face!
  20. QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 06:23 PM) Seriously. "Hey guys, my brother say I'm not motivated to play with you because you basically suck." Its incredibly disrespectful to his teammates. Totally disgusting. I realize Rose can't tell his brother to shut up but he needs to. And if Rose honestly feels that way, then this isnt' the time or place to do it, especially given how hard working his teammates are.
  21. Reggie Rose continues to diss the Bulls front office (and in turn, any Bulls player not named Derrick Rose).
  22. Chisoxfn replied to iamshack's topic in SLaM
    We just bought a place and will be fixing up our kitchen a bit. Timing of this was helpful. Close escrow in 40 days
  23. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 05:56 AM) I agree. Hinrich has always been a frustrating guy to watch, but for some reason, the team plays better when he is playing. Its cause he gets the offense more in sync early. Nate has his moments but the ball movement stops with him in there. Kurt is also a significant upgrade on the defensive side of the court vs. Nate.
  24. Freaking pathetic. Iowa chokes away a massive lead. They've choked a ton this year. They should have at least 3 more wins that they just flat out blew. 21 point lead against Nebraska and you blow it. Sickening. Bye bye tourney hopes. Only thing that makes up for that loss is for them to win out (including a win @ IU) in the regular season and 2 BTT wins.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.