Wizards' Jason Collins

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 04:36 PM)
Or Wilbon dislikes Cutler, but has a soft spot for D-Rose. And good job comparing his injury with knee injuries 20 years ago. I'm sure nothing in the medical profession has changed or improved since then.

Yup, meanwhile, the comparisons to Rubio and Shumpert don't count. And his Magic Johnson anecdote contradicts his point: Magic had to get on the court and play for real to get his confidence back.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 10:20 AM)
lol nice photo choice

edit: but more importantly that's huge, first openly gay male American athlete in a major sport

"I didn't set out to be the first openly gay athlete..." Oreally? That's why you called two SI writers out of the blue and invited them to your house for an interview?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 11:33 AM)
"I didn't set out to be the first openly gay athlete..." Oreally? That's why you called two SI writers out of the blue and invited them to your house for an interview?

going by the context (he moves from that line to talking about HS and college), I think he meant he didn't set out years ago.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 12:46 PM)
Im not sure if people are trolling for a fight or what, but it took courage, because unfortunately the world will continue to be filled with small minded people.

Every single thread/comment section on this story has turned into a religious debate.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 02:50 PM)
Chris Broussard saying Collins is living in sin and rebelling against God. Oh brother.

You've gotta be s***ting me. I saw that he seemed unenthusiastic reporting earlier, making it sound okay that some guys would be uncomfortable in the shower.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 02:51 PM)
You've gotta be s***ting me. I saw that he seemed unenthusiastic reporting earlier, making it sound okay that some guys would be uncomfortable in the shower.

Why do guys assume that gays are automatically attracted to them? I mean you know every girl isnt already, but you assume some gay guy will be in to you?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 02:56 PM)
Why do guys assume that gays are automatically attracted to them? I mean you know every girl isnt already, but you assume some gay guy will be in to you?

It's ignorance combined with pro athletes probably being more narcissistic than the average person.

Yeah that's a weird one. I don't get it.

Even if you do get hit on, I don't understand why some guys get all hot and bothered by it. To me it's just, "I'm flattered, but I don't swing that way." It's an easier let down than for an unattractive woman!

yea, I;'ve NEVER liked that stance on why athletes should be in the closet.

And even if you DID find someone attractive, that doesnt mean you are going to sexually assult them. If I was in a room with a bunch of naked women (oh how lovely THAT would be), I might like what i see, but I am not going to go around sexually assaulting them!

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 03:10 PM)

Even if you do get hit on, I don't understand why some guys get all hot and bothered by it. To me it's just, "I'm flattered, but I don't swing that way." It's an easier let down than for an unattractive woman!

This is how I feel too. I had a gay friend come up to me and tell me I looked great one night in college and I just said "Hey thanks man, I really appreciate it." It wasn't weird at all.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 29, 2013 -> 03:10 PM)

Are you kidding me? I'd be honored if a gay man thought I was attractive. Lord knows most women dont think i am. lol

yea, I;'ve NEVER liked that stance on why athletes should be in the closet.

And even if you DID find someone attractive, that doesnt mean you are going to sexually assult them. If I was in a room with a bunch of naked women (oh how lovely THAT would be), I might like what i see, but I am not going to go around sexually assaulting them!

I don't think it's a matter of whether or not some kind of assault would occur. If you were (uninvited) in a room full of naked women, most, if not all of the women would feel violated to some degree that you were getting some enjoyment out of seeing them naked. As straight men, we understand that, and somehow that understanding translates to straight men feeling violated that gay men might be getting some enjoyment out of seeing us naked. I think it's dumb, but I understand where that connection comes from.