Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. Good little move. I like him as a backup outfielder. Can play multiple positions and should provide us with some nice OF depth. Good signing.
  2. All I can say is whenever someone with talent has gotten dismissed with problems, Hoiberg and Iowa State has been all over em or at least trying to grab em. Hell, I don't blame Freddy at all. If he wants to go that route its fine, but you get the wrong crop in and it can make your program a disaster overnight. Iowa has had to learn the hardway now that they've had a few football problems come there way (and of course the Pierre Pierce incident with Alford years ago).
  3. Royce White was one of them. Minnesota recruit who was dismissed due to problems (he beat a mall cop after being confronted on the robbery). A complete all world talent though. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/men...yce-white_N.htm Chris Allen (transfer from Michigan State) The reasons we don't know is he had all kinds of problems with his teammates and it got to the point that a lot of rumors pointed to him being just a pure scumbag.
  4. QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Feb 2, 2011 -> 12:44 PM) Except there appeared to be about zero interest in him at the trade deadline. The only reason Viciedo was up before September was because of the black hole at third. Yet two professional scouts who do it for a living say otherwise. Just an FYI, Dunn would have been a member of the White Sox last year had the Sox been willing to give up Dayan Viciedo.
  5. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 08:03 AM) That's because it will take a few years for Hoiberg to get any good recruiting underneath him and get that talent onto the team. Meantime, they are finding hole-patch players wherever they can. 3 of their starters are seniors too. And some of the guys Hoiberg has went after have some serious character red flags.
  6. Per Cy's dad as of last night: "He's deciding between Alabama, Auburn and even Iowa," Jean Claude Kouandjio said. "It may even come back to Iowa. He's considering his options even more now. Those three (schools) have been floating in his mind" Iowa has 2 of his teammates from this year already signed to their LOI's plus a teammate of his last year (Freshman RB Coker). Add in the best oline coach in the country (our head coach, haha) and there are definitely some reasons why Cy might change his mind to the tunes of black and gold!!!
  7. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 2, 2011 -> 08:05 PM) Wow. On a side note, Iowa State is showing interest in Lucious, because.....why not. Under Hoiberg ISU has shown interest in any player that has talent. Sometimes a good thing, sometimes a bad thing. Either way, for at least this year, Iowa basketball (University and ISU) is horrendous. But I'll take our 2nd win in conference play against the Spartans!!!
  8. Cyrus did not sign with Auburn or Bama yesterday (Rivals #4 ranked prospect in the country, #1 oline prospect in the country). Last night a couple Iowa players who have gone through the recruiting process, including his teammate Darrian Cooper, indicated that Iowa is still in the picture. Albeit on the outside looking in (Iowa was in his top 3 but was named out of things on Monday, but I guess now are back in the picture). Apparently something went wrong during Auburn's visit which has caused him to open things back up.
  9. What a fun game to be at. Blake put on a show in the 1st half and Rose was a beast per usual. Damn are both of those guys special and dare I say it, superstars. I'd have a hard time naming many players I would take over Griffin and Rose (if health was assured) to start a franchise. Only guys in the equation are LBJ (who I'd for sure take) and potentially Durant and/or Dwight for me.
  10. Getting ready to head to the game!
  11. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 31, 2011 -> 08:44 AM) Iowa just pulled in a big pull in Lomax (out of Dematha). They are in the final picture on two other Dematha guys in Cooper and Cyrus. Both would be huge gets. Cooper is between Iowa, Michigan, and MSU. Cyrus is between Auburn, Bama, and Iowa. Given how much crap has fallen on Iowa as of late, I'd be stunned if Kirk were to pull it off, but if he did, this would be the best recruiting class (on paper) for Iowa in the history of my life. Hawks got Cooper!!! Cyrus is down to Bama & Auburn (Iowa is out).
  12. Iowa just pulled in a big pull in Lomax (out of Dematha). They are in the final picture on two other Dematha guys in Cooper and Cyrus. Both would be huge gets. Cooper is between Iowa and Michigan. Cyrus is between Auburn, Bama, and Iowa. Given how much crap has fallen on Iowa as of late, I'd be stunned if Kirk were to pull it off, but if he did, this would be the best recruiting class (on paper) for Iowa in the history of my life.
  13. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 28, 2011 -> 03:24 PM) Unheard of huh? Check out the recruiting rankings of the top team in the Big Ten to see where the bar currently sits. And do you really think IU has elite history? They haven't won a title since 1987, way before recruits were born and have only had one good team since the mid 90's. The entire claim to fame is the 5 titles they won many years ago. History is good and all, but i don't think it means much to recruits who don't have parents from Indiana that remember the old glory days. UCLA is an elite program. One of the few. Clearly they are in a downturn, but they are elite.
  14. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 01:03 PM) Unless it was Olin Kreutz getting beat, I think the linemen have been crucified enough this year, that one play wouldnt change anything. Cutler has not crucified anyone on the offense though. Not in his post game speaches. He's actually been tremendous at not throwing his teammates under the bus (with the exception of his antics and emotions during the game).
  15. Tom Brady, 2001 AFC Championship Game, pulled himself with a Grade 1 MCL sprain. Did not return.
  16. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 12:58 PM) I think he was legitimately injured. I think Jay has a tendency to pout and feel sorry for himself when things aren't going his way. I think he tends to lose focus, he tends to become mentally weak. I think when he was struggling, and he was injured, he may not have communicated to the coaching and training staff very well about the injury. I think he was probably feeling sorry for himself and said the knee hurt and that he wasn't sure he could continue. He tried in the second half, in the first series, and it didn't work, and so he just said the hell with it. I think had he been playing well, had the game been going better, he would have found the strength and the ability to continue to play. I think he would have at least tried to make it work more. After he came out of the game I think he continued feeling sorry for himself. I don't think he intentionally tried not to help Hanie or Collins. I think he just didn't worry about anyone other than himself at the time. I think when Hanie approached him for help, he was happy to give it to him. I just think most of the rest of the time he was too upset with his own plight to really think about what he should have been doing. After the game the players defended him, and I don't know why anyone would expect anything different. As far as they knew, the guy was injured. No one really even knew the extent of the injury then. Sunday night and Monday morning, I feel pretty confident that the Bears' brass coordinated with one another to determine the best way to handle the situation with the press. I think it was decided that the injury would be reported, that the coaching staff would shoulder as much of the blame as possible, and that all parts of the organization would fire back and defend their franchise quarterback. It was absolutely critical that Jay be painted in the best light possible if he would have any future in Chicago, because if it was acknowledged that he came out of the NFC Championship game, against the Packers, for any reason than that he could no longer play, he would have an extremely difficult time here. I believe the reporters are going with what the organization is saying, and trying to shed light on when Jay did talk to Hanie or others. I'm sure they feel sympathy for him. I can't agree with that, but I also won't go any farther to try and convince you one way or another. You have your opinion, I have my opinion and we are each entitled to em Fun debate though, haha. For my own sanity, I'm going to hope I'm right since it sheds far better light on our so called franchise QB
  17. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 12:52 PM) That's the whole crux of my argument. As an unbiased fan of the game, I saw a player that didn't look very injured, was walking around with no medical attention on the sidelines, no icing, no crutches, and seemed content with not being out on the field in the most important game of his career...one game away from the Super Bowl. I am certain other QBs in that same situation would have continued to play (i.e., Favre, Rivers, Brees). We see players play injured all of the time. You're telling me they couldn't have used a 3 step drop game plan that they used against Dallas in order to keep their best arm out on the field? Content would be if he was on the sidelines joking and laughing the entire 2nd half while on the sidelines. I definitely didn't see a guy content. I saw an expressionless guy.
  18. QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 12:51 PM) I don't care how much he was helping Hanie, as Collins is likely a better mentor anyways. I never said Cutler wasn't hurt either. I think he was really struggling in the first half and seemed extremely lethargic for some reason. He then got injured towards first half, and after trying to play in the 2nd half with it on that first drive, he obviously didn't give the trainers the answers they wanted to hear. The only reason there's even the hint of controversy, IMO, is the lack of medical attention given to him after he was pulled. Perfect. So as far as I'm concerned, our opinions don't really differ that much. And I agree he played bad (and has in his career against Capers D) as did Rodgers after the first drive or so of the game.
  19. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 12:47 PM) First of all, maybe he is recognizing how we have refused to insult others or call them names while we have constantly been called "meatheads," among many other things. Secondly, a conspiracy theory is just your way of making this sound far-fethched. There is a reason that the Fox commentators, players from around the league, and millions of fans immediately thought he quit on his team. Because his behavior up to this point doesn't exactly make that such a huge leap. Now you guys can defend him and the Bears all you want, and I respect that. Doesn't mean I have to agree with you. I never saw one player who has ever played or known Cutler go out and bash him. I have seen numerous NFL players that bashed him yesterday come back and apologize at a later point for there stupid comments.
  20. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 12:43 PM) Not one person has said he faked an injury. I'm not sure how many times this has to be pointed out. So you think he was hurt and believe it was a valid reason to sit out? But just question how much he was helping Hanie? Is that kind of your basis Shack? Just want to make sure I follow. I can understand the above. I don't know if he was there for Hanie 100% of the time.
  21. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 12:39 PM) Benson was a non-proven rookie who reported to camp late and thought he was the s*** before taking a single snap. Not at all a legitimate comparison. He warranted hate from the start. Kind of like Cutler was ripped by Urlacher after the Bears dealt Orton.
  22. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 12:36 PM) lol. So what? That was f***ing 4 years ago. How many players from that team are still on the current team? And you can't compare Benson to Cutler anyway. Totally different set of circumstances. And for the record, not that my opinion means a damn thing, but my respect for Shack, Sqwert and fathom has f***ing tripled in the last two days. They've been fair, constructive and respectful. The rest of you guys need to take a f***ing valium. Is Cutler paying your bills or something? Now people know what I was talking about when I went off a couple weeks ago. Respect? To come up with a conspiracy theory, which they are entitled to? And no one knows what you were talking about, you went way off into looney tune land with some of the straw man arguments you were making a couple weeks ago (thankfully, up until this most recent post, you had came back into the real world). Lets see, all of the leaders of this team (outside of Rex) are still here. I can list out tons of players still on this team: Tillman Urlacher Briggs Manning Hester Kreutz Garza Rashied Davis Desmond Clark Idonojie Mayndard Gould Tommie Harris Chris Harris Hunter Hillmeyer (IR this year, but still on roster) So ya, quite a few players so I'd say the situation is relevant.
  23. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 12:35 PM) So because that is how things happened with Cedric Benson, it must be how things would happen in this instance? I recognize the point that is being made, but this isn't some huge revelation that points out anything other than Cedric Benson did not mean to the Bears what Jay Cutler means to the Bears. We are just throwing out facts that support our notion. What you suggest involves every player on a team defending a player. That just doesn't happen. Regardless of who that player is and when the player is someone that some posters on here have suggested is not liked in the clubhouse (I personally don't believe that and think by and large he's at the a minimum respected) than it makes me believe even less that it would be possible for everyone to cover it up.
  24. QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 12:29 PM) I didn't say it was a conspiracy by Fox to only show him when he was pouting. I'm saying that Fox was definitely trying to hype up the fact that this was a situation of the star player standing on the sidelines when he's supposed to have a knee injury and showing no emotion or anything. And I'd say on the sideline throughout his career Cutler has had that exact same expression. It is who he is. Tony Dungy said it best. Talked about how people in Indy used to whine and complain about Marvin Harrison's expressions on the sideline and how he would do his thing. Jay is the same way. Fans can wish he was another way or more rah rah, but he tends to have that same face up or down. On the field he also shows the high's and lows, but by and large, I think part of what he does is he tries to keep his emotions from getting the best of him (possibly due to his diabetes). In fact, I know in the past he talked about how he had to work staying away from those emotional "highs" and "lows" as they can take up a lot of "blood sugar" or whatever it is. This was back in his Denver days when he was first diagnosed.
  25. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 25, 2011 -> 12:30 PM) Are you going to compare Cedric Benson's importance to the Bears and Bears fans as that of Jay Cutler? Not even close. Regardless. He was an unliked player that got chewed out and the Bears teammates didn't try to protect him or cover anything up.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.