fathom
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Everything posted by fathom
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Root for Eloy and Yoan to be awesome. That's about it at the big league level.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
It will be Engel in CF and Jay in LF after Jimenez and Yoan collide on a pop up and they both tear their ACLs. This will lead the way for the best acquisition of the offseason, Chris Johnson, to take over at 3rd base. After he puts up a strong 0.5 fWAR season, Hahn will sign him to a 2-year extension and say this deal would have never been possible if they had money on the books 9 years from now.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I think the whole "we can't go to the 300 level" is just their excuse for deciding not to bid against themselves and being wrong in calling Lozano's bluff.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
It seems really obvious to me now after reading up more that the Sox thought Lozano was bluffing about having 300 million on the table. That's the only way they could have been so shocked this morning.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Wow, haven't seen this quote yet: "I've never been so (ticked) off in my (expletive) life," vice president Kenny Williams said. https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/20190219/white-sox-angry-disappointed-after-machado-decides-to-sign-with-padres
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Finally saw the video of Hahn's comments. Holy cow, he looked like his dog died.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Didn't he say a few years ago that he's now a Cubs fan because they're good?
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Bob saying the Sox haven't talked to Harper in months: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2019/02/19/manny-machado-san-diego-padres-eric-hosmer-wil-myers/2920087002/
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
That was the long-winded way of saying he thinks Manny would have been unhappy here....and I agree.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Cuban is never going to happen, especially after the HR issues with the Mavericks. He's lucky the NBA didn't make him sell the team.
-
RON IN 2019: Thinking of cheering for the Cubs next year
Almora, so Manny signs here in 5 years
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Yep, there's literally not one thing you can point to now and say "they do this aspect well". Even the "magic" of Cooper seems like ancient history.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
To be fair, it sounded like a direct quote from Hahn. However, his next tweet was this:
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
Since when do people take Kenny's words as gospel?
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Yep, I'm easily more frustrated about the incompetence of this organization instead of them not actually having Manny.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
They technically were regarding the Sox contract offer.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
This isn’t sour grapes, as I have said this to many posters on here, but I hate Manny and think most of us would have grown sick of his antics here. To me, I was more wanting the Sox to sign him to be relevant. All this offseason has done is make the Sox more irrelevant, which seemed hard to do. The fan base is so upset now, it doesn’t seem like there’s much they can do to get people off the ledge.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
What’s this from?
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
And tears off his jacket to reveal a Padres shirt
-
RON IN 2019: Thinking of cheering for the Cubs next year
I can only hope Rizzo gets hurt and the Sox trade Abreu to the Cubs
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
I completely agree with all of this.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
I don’t think the Sox get Harper, but I wouldn’t put it past KW to be full of crap with that remark.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Yep he’s found numerous ways to destroy a franchise
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
They were never serious about getting Manny or Bryce if they refused opt-outs. I’m freaking disgusted.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Haha, called the opt-out thing months ago. This entire organization is a damn joke.