Everything posted by fathom
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Yes...have a very bad feeling that the Sox blew this negotiation
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Given the conditions, would Giolito have topped 75 at the speed pitch competition?
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Yep I think it’s the same person on both accounts
-
Fulmer: An awesome deep dive on his driveline winter
I watched a lot of Fulmer's starts his junior year when the Sox started to get linked to him. One thing that really stood out was just how many strike outs he got on breaking pitches in the dirt. Clearly, we've seen that he just hasn't been able to get professional hitters to chase that pitch. He also had some difficulty maintaining his velocity from start to start that season.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
They've played together in amateur ball before.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I'm not paying attention to what JMR is saying. Still waiting to see what else UnderTheHOODIE adds.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I'm thinking if for some reason they signed with the same team, they'd have an article in the Player's Tribune together.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I also checked to see the date things were officially announced, and he was out in front of them prior to them breaking. But yes, he could have received the information from others.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Nicky will love FaceTiming with them when he's in Charlotte
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I'm 99.9% sure it's BS, but the one thing I always look for with these type of tweets is if they've ever broken something before and/or if they spread a bunch of BS rumors to hopefully be right. This guy, unless he's deleted a lot, hasn't posted any BS from what I've seen.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
yep, looks like 3 or 4 things he was out in front of. Has anyone DM him to see if he's being sincere?
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
and also knew about the Edwin Jackson trade, as well as the first Peavy deal that he said no to. kOna was always on top of it.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
The only thing I could think of is trolling Yankees fans that wanted Manny?
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Funny thing is that unless this guy deletes a lot of his tweets, he's not had an original tweet in over a year until now.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
He's shown some good insight on the Harper chase earlier in the offseason, including knowing that Harper wasn't signing with the Phillies when Vegas thought he was, as Harper knew he had a meeting that week with the Padres.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
This is my favorite random tweet yet, as this guy has actually broke Patriots stuff in the past (but nothing relating to baseball):
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Also, back to the contract issue, I'm sure front loading the deal as much as possible the first 3 years before an opt-out would be important in this situation.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
This is where I actually do think the ego aspect of money kicks in
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
I really don't get what is so hard for others to understand. Manny came into the offseason expecting Stanton-esque money. Not only is he not getting that, but he's not being offered 300 either. He is willing to wait for 300, as the one team he seemingly "wants" to go to (Yankees) is not willing to give him a deal worth considering. I totally buy that he doesn't want to play on the west coast, but if the Padres end up with the highest offer at 285 and the Sox at 260, then I think he's going to be fine playing on the west coast.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
But that's depressing...I hope most realize this free agency chase is the most exciting part of this season for us.
-
Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil
FWIW Russell guessed it would be the Giants
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
yes
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Don't blow your cover J. Michael Robertson
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Yeah, I really don't believe anything has been decided.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
If Bryce signs with any team that's not the Sox or Phillies, then it's possible the Phillies (especially) get desperate and raise their offer to Manny in order to not strike out on both.