Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fathom

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fathom

  1. Padres have been overly aggressive though in the past with acquisitions. I truly believe they’re a serious contender for Manny right now.
  2. Don’t worry, as we have seen with the Bulls, the Hahn/KW combo will get contract extensions
  3. Who’s to say they even sniffed mid-250s?
  4. I never thought Sox would sign Moustakas. I do think Padres would have signed him though.
  5. Nah this is bad for the Sox. Padres clearly need a 3rd baseman still, so what do they have left out there if they don’t get Manny? It’s really odd how so few on here think Padres are a threat.
  6. I’m sure they did another MRI to see how it looks before they let him start throwing again
  7. I’m sure someone will be there to see who gets off the plane. Should be interesting.
  8. Why do they need to sign? They still haven’t missed a single practice yet, and even if they wait a few weeks to sign, I highly doubt it would impact their performance come April.
  9. So is Yoan only taking grounders at 3rd? If so, that tells me we’re not getting Manny.
  10. The reason Eloy is going to be so good is he doesn’t seem to swing and miss a lot. When you take add that to his ability to produce huge exit velocities, it’s going to create a very dangerous hitter.
  11. Makes me wonder if it’s all the same person
  12. I didn’t know he picked Phillies
  13. I keep seeing how they said they want to win this year, but as it stands right now, their roster was better last year than it is right now.
  14. He’s telling every team exactly what they want to hear
  15. FWIW, Jim Bowden also said today that he thinks if the Phillies get Harper, then it's between Sox and Padres for Manny (with Yankees looming on a short-term deal). He suggested that the Sox leaking contract info a while back might have upset Manny and Lozano.
  16. Bowden also said that Harper has no desire to go to a team that's not going to win in 2019.
  17. I was on here 3 days ago saying Padres are a big threat, and this was before the 2nd meeting was announced. IMO, the Sox felt like they were only negotiating against the Phillies and never anticipated the Padres being a threat.
  18. Yes...have a very bad feeling that the Sox blew this negotiation
  19. Given the conditions, would Giolito have topped 75 at the speed pitch competition?
  20. Yep I think it’s the same person on both accounts
  21. I watched a lot of Fulmer's starts his junior year when the Sox started to get linked to him. One thing that really stood out was just how many strike outs he got on breaking pitches in the dirt. Clearly, we've seen that he just hasn't been able to get professional hitters to chase that pitch. He also had some difficulty maintaining his velocity from start to start that season.
  22. They've played together in amateur ball before.
  23. I'm not paying attention to what JMR is saying. Still waiting to see what else UnderTheHOODIE adds.
  24. I'm thinking if for some reason they signed with the same team, they'd have an article in the Player's Tribune together.
  25. I also checked to see the date things were officially announced, and he was out in front of them prior to them breaking. But yes, he could have received the information from others.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.