Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Soxfest

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Soxfest

  1. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 03:00 PM) I still see a lot of what is saved not being reinvested back in the club. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see the team adding another 20-30M in payroll this off-season. I see them maybe adding 10M in payroll which isn't all that significant. IF they unloaded Rios and Ramirez, then I could see the club dropping 20-25M in the off-season (potentially). However, I could see the team target some young players who will be due bigger contracts sooner and land those players and then extend them. Money will not be reinvested in 2014 I agree. Next season may be a year of treading water till 2015 then open the wallet again.
  2. Trade deadline needs to be later in the day............I liked the old days of midnight EST.
  3. I wish Floyd would of not got hurt, would of loved seeing him traded.
  4. Keith Law as ESPN not high on Garcia says he has no plan at the plate...........Shocking
  5. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 02:19 PM) Actually, might not be all that interesting. The Sox are sitting there with a roster right now that they could field in 2014. They need a couple bullpen arms and a bench to do that, but if they wanted to, they could do very little. It will be a long long boring winter I agree.
  6. Pirates have worst RF production in baseball...............make a deal for Rios. Make a splash Pirates.
  7. QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 02:11 PM) If you don't eat the money, I'm not sure you'll find a deal at all. Deal is DOA without it.
  8. QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 01:24 PM) Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 55s Time running out to move Alex Rios. Last comment from Rick Hahn: "There is no urgency to make additional deals." Sorry Hahn feels that way. I think it is bluff 101.
  9. QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 12:03 PM) I really am surprised Dunn isn't attracting at least some buzz. The dude is raking over the past two months. Money would be an issue I guess, but Sox should eat some. He would fit well in Baltimore.
  10. Hope they find a taker for Rios.
  11. QUOTE (chunk23 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 11:21 PM) An impact FA makes no sense because this team won't be competitive next year and they need the draft pick they would have to give up. Picks in top 15 are protected.
  12. QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:58 PM) Red Sox report Wendelken, Montas, Rondon to CWS If this is only deal before the deadline this is a C at best.
  13. QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:52 PM) Makes you wonder about Mitchell, Walker, Thompson and Hawkins' future if they're trading for outfielders like Jacobs and Garcia. End is near for Mitchell or Walker.
  14. Garcia projects to be a RF down the road.
  15. QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:33 PM) My fear is that Avisail Garcia is the next Dayan Viciedo with some defensive value. I feel the same way we already have a hefty underachiever in DV. Hope Garcia works out.
  16. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:31 PM) "Garcia has a chance to be a monster"...we'll hear that a million times True dat
  17. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:28 PM) Initial panic has passed, feeling pretty good, hoping for Brian Johnson. AC/DC in town?
  18. QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:26 PM) Already reported that he's not in the deal. Got a feeling guys White Sox are getting will not calm the masses.
  19. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:22 PM) The Sox collect free-swinging, toolsy outfielders like 9 year old me collected pogs and 26 year me collects hobo's toenails. Amen
  20. QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:16 PM) He may be with the big league club... I agree even If we do not trade anyone else in OF ............Wise can go time to see Garcia play.
  21. QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:07 PM) Bernie Pleskoff ‏@BerniePleskoff 52s It appears that's the entire deal: Peavy to #RedSox, Garcia to #WhiteSox and #Iglesias to #Tigers. Imagine Peavy in #RedSox rotation. Solid. You have the BEST SP on the market and all you get 1 AAA guy.....UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF TRUE
  22. MLB.com Garcia not listed in top 20 specs???
  23. QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:05 PM) Is Garcia really all we get Hope not.
  24. QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:04 PM) Me too man. Chet was a solid player... Chester Earl was very solid.
  25. QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:02 PM) Names dammit!! NAMES!! Patients grasshopper soon will be over.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.