Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
QUOTE (reiks12 @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 07:02 PM) Man if Holland and Shields can keep this going I will be very excited for this coming trade deadline. I think both are fool's gold and I'd jump at any halfway decent offer before the deadline if it happens.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
"he just missed it" -- aka was fooled and pops it up. Was way, way out in front.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
Hawk is f***ing rambling. Jesus.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 06:54 PM) RE: Username, I read fangraphs religiously. That was one of the reasons why I was high on Anderson going into this season. I should have said that he sucks right now. He looks lost. As I am typing this, Anderson gets a hit. No, I didn't play baseball past 4th grade because I have some physical coordination issues that make it impossible to play such a game. I love sports, but I can't play because my hand-eye coordination is so bad due to the disability I have. I absolutely would have loved to have been an athlete as a kid, it just wasn't in the cards for me. I played low level college ball and also love sabermetrics. If I had known more about sabermetrics as a 20 year old I'd have been a lot better player.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
Wow, then on 0-2 he keeps his hands back and rips a base hit into LF. Nice job dude.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
right down the middle and TA swings well under it. He's not just struggling, he's way, way off.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
Tyler is a solid MLB regular imo.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
walked asche and hits Leury. Man I'd be pissed if I was a Tribe fan.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
Avi is turning into a 3 tool player...! let's hope.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
As a fan, hearing Hawk say "dad gumit" about the ground rule double just really brings me down. Be positive, just enjoy the double hawk.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
Indians fans should drink everytime Asche is walked.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 06:20 PM) I really believed in Anderson but man does he suck. I don't see him doing anything ever without changing his approach, and if he doesn't that contract extension will be a huge mistake. It is one thing to be a free swinger, but it is another when you can't hit a fastball. Dude just looks lost at the plate. Do you remember Ozzie Guillen? That's basically his floor. He's a fine defensive SS. If he hits it's gravy. That said, yea, disappointing start with the bat.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 05:42 PM) Typically these deals are where the team assuming salary just keeps paying the player for the part of the salary they assume in a deal. The Sox do often make deals where they get the money themselves, as it has come up in trades before. No idea how often they get the money, or if they get it up front. thanks.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
Man this Tribe team is solid. No obvious weaknesses other then the back of their rotation and the offense has more than enough firepower to win those games as well.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 05:57 PM) hoo boy, soto is out too. Now THIS is a sunday lineup. Honestly Narveaz is probably only the 3rd or 4th worst hitter in the lineup. He's a solid backup catcher.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 05:14 PM) Who is Perez? Assuming you talking about Lopez. The K's are nice, but he has pitched 3 innings and 5 1/3, innings in his two starts. ERA 6.50. 7 walks. I am super excited for Lopez, but he hasn't exactly been great so far. lopez has had some bad luck on HR/FB. The stuff and velocity is there. That's most important.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 05:07 PM) How does the "pay part of the salary work?" Since San diego is paying half of his salary for the Sox, did they get a lump sum up front to cover it? If so then the Sox would be trading the whole contract. Or does San diego pay part each year, so that money would follow Shields to the next stop? SS2K can correct me but I'm pretty sure it's just a lump sum and that the Padres aren't actually sending the Sox a check every month. If the Sox want to send some cash a long with Shields it will be a lump sum as well.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 03:27 PM) I honestly dont think the start of this season could have gone any better. They are playing respectable ball which hopefully means the culture has changed. If this kind of play continues the value will only go up for nice returns in future trades. Moncada, Perez, and Kopech look like beasts down in the minors. Its been a good first week and a half overall, sucks that its a long season though. been a good first week and a half.
-
Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 4/12/2017
QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 12, 2017 -> 03:30 PM) What a pathetic lineup. What a pathetic baseball team. Wonder what Vegas odds are tonight. It's got to be Cleveland -350? -400? please just stop, it's only the 2nd week.
-
4/11/2017 Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 3:05 pm
Oh well.
-
4/11/2017 Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 3:05 pm
QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 06:47 PM) That was well done what you mean RV shaking his head, spitting a seed and yelling "hey ump" wasn't effective?
-
4/11/2017 Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 3:05 pm
That was a strike all game and now it's not. This ump can f*** off.
-
4/11/2017 Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 3:05 pm
QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 06:44 PM) Regardless of the outcome of this game, this has been very enjoyable to watch. Nice to see the Sox competing with q very good Cleveland team with the roster the Sox currently have. it's been a well played, crisp game for the most part. Bad luck on Tyler's line drive or it would probably be 3-1 and over already.
-
4/11/2017 Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 3:05 pm
triple digits!
-
4/11/2017 Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians 3:05 pm
That was a filthy cutter.