Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. Cool, then they're injured...
  2. Probably just Leyland conceeding the game.
  3. No, it's not anymore an abberation than our own loss to the Pirates.
  4. OMG DETROIT CAN'T SWEEP THE PIRATES THEY NEED TO MAKE A TRADE YESTERDAY!
  5. QUOTE(loltrain @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 09:06 PM) Baseball has some really stupid rules Bottom of the 6th: Pirates batter grounds into easy double play....bounces off the umpire and he is somehow awarded a single. Top of the 7th: Guillen with a double down the line where Rodriguez would have been safe at home without a throw...bounces into the stands he has to hold at third. Ugh. That has pretty much summed up this game for the Tigers, I wouldnt' be suprised if the Pirates pull it out. "Over the line Donnie, mark it over the line"
  6. chitownsportsfan replied to Buehrle>Wood's topic in SLaM
    Wow, lame. People get exicited over the dumbest s***.
  7. QUOTE(valponick @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 07:34 PM) You continue to embarrass yourself, I'm done with you. LOL, Drama Queen!
  8. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 1, 2006 -> 05:59 PM) What was that? Contribute something, then get back to me, thanks. Anderson has played good of late, and was great on D. Some of his deep catches may have gone for doubles if poor jumps Mackowiak was in the game. Failed bunts happen, in fact, it happened to many of our players today. The gidp's hurt us much much more than those. Rock the voice of reason? Damn! A blown bunt? Wow, it happens. Gooch, the "pro's pro", the guy who "sacrifices his power for the good of the team" (nm how dumb that sounds), missed one too. So did Uribe. Obviously bunting is something the team should work on in practice. But a blown bunt is about reason #2323 I'd can Anderson. Poor defense or mental mistakes in the field are up there, but a blown bunt? Come on. Anderson's line looks terrible because of how slow he started the season. He's hitting mediocre the past month, and that's all we need out of him. If he gets his average up around .200 by the ASB, I'll be happy. I sure as hell don't want Mackowiak out there with Buehrle on the mound, or any of our SP for that matter. And I don't buy the argument that "You can't win a championship with a guy batting .170. Obvs it doesn't help the team much offensively, but it hasn't prevented the team from completely running roughshod over MLB again this year.
  9. good pitch by Maddux there.
  10. damn, come on JD, blow it open.
  11. LOL, now that's cubs baseball!
  12. how about a HR THome.
  13. good job all around this inning
  14. cool, way to get a run in with the bottom of the order
  15. Ok pods, hit the damn ball on a line or in the air
  16. nm, good job javier
  17. I have a bad feeling about this f***ing bunt, look at that "form".
  18. deep into LF for the 2b, sweet
  19. .260% this year compared to .227 last year.
  20. hahaha, thrown out by AJ, that's pretty pathetic with Javier pitching of all people too.
  21. Juan f***ing Pierre. ump giving that corner to Javier, good.
  22. Good quick inning so far.
  23. QUOTE(hi8is @ Jun 30, 2006 -> 10:16 PM) yeah, like they make TONS of money off soxtalk maybe its their wet dream =P I'm sure the site costs a lot of money to maintain and host, not to mention time. Anything to help defray the costs of running such a great site should make everyone happy.
  24. Memo to Vasquez: take your dump before the game, not during.
  25. I need to listen to more from "The Pixies". Interesting call about Fugazi. My initial foray into "alternative" music was through dancehall, punk, and ska-core. I found Fugazi a few years ago, tried to get into them, but failed. I'm mostly a sucker for easy indie pop songs these days. I also enjoy "synth pop", or "glitch pop", and electronic and undie hip hop. Pretty much I just love music, and love talking about it. Kinda like the Sox.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.