Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 3, 2018 -> 11:46 AM) Read the rest of the post? They didn't acquire a potential replacement prior to 2017. That left them: 1. Having no developed QB on their roster who they could count on to have any shot at fielding a competitive team. 2. Way, way, way overpaying a backup QB who was totally ineffective - $18 million in cap money that could have been spent elsewhere (WR) 3. Playing a rookie QB in 2017, the year that Fox's tenure was evaluated as success or failure. Had they at least tried to find a replacement in 2016, they would have had playing time for that replacement that year - Cutler always missed some games for injury and if they judged their replacement ready to play no one would have batted an eye if Cutler was benched for his last few games on a losing team. All that together guaranteed Fox would be judged as a failure. No matter what else happened, in the year that they were supposed to be getting better, he was working with a rookie QB needing a lot of work, and he had a ton of his cap space wasted on a crappy backup. Guaranteed failure even if he was doing a great job. i read it all, your premise was flawed because the bears werent gonna eat that cap hit for two years. the contract and player hamstrung the team, they made it pretty clear they were gonna hang on to him until they didnt have to.
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 3, 2018 -> 11:14 AM) I will say one thing - I remain totally stunned that the Bears did not try to fill their QB position at all prior to the 2017 season. They knew the date they could Cut Cutler with little cap damage the second Pace took over, even with Cutler around in 2016 there was always going to be playing time for someone else since Cutler always missed a few games, and no matter what John Fox did there was basically no way they were going to turn this franchise into a winner in either the Cutler era or with a rookie, just drafted QB. It cost them $18 million in cap space this year that could have gone elsewhere and guaranteed that Fox had no shot even if he did everything right. 2017 was the first year the Bears were out from under the huge cap hit that was built into his contract and triggered when he restructured his contract. They dealt with it until this year, which was expected
-
President Donald Trump: The Thread
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 3, 2018 -> 08:32 AM) Steve Bannon (!) calls the Trump Tower meeting "treasonous" and says they should have alerted the FBI immediately. Yglesias pointed out last week that when Trump advisor Papadopolous drunkenly bragged about Russia having dirt on Clinton and their attempts to influence the US elections to the Australian ambassador, that ambassador immediately alerted authorities. The Trump Campaign....didn't. It puts that contentious first Trump call with the Australian PM last January in a different perspective
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 2, 2018 -> 01:23 PM) I mean all we need to do is go back to Belichecks time in Cleveland to show what can change. In his second to last season he went 11-5 and went to the title game with Cleveland.
-
The Anthem
QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 2, 2018 -> 01:02 PM) I didn't know this was something people even considered doing. I don't stand during the anthem in privacy so I guess I am a hypocrite if this is the new standard. It’s not a new standard, it’s a standard you are applying to players but not yourself
-
Sox Showing Interest in LHP Fernando Abad
You guys are all really punny
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 2, 2018 -> 11:50 AM) Yeah, it scares me that there was no "lesson learned" there. But I am much higher on this version of Belicheck assistants, who have had much more time under Belicheck and how that team is arranged. I'd be pro-Patricia. I like his all around the field background and think it lends itself well to HC position. But obviously he'd need a guru. I would love to know how McDaniels is viewed in coaching circles as far as having connections. If he's well liked and well connected or what More than Weis and Crennel? I dunno man, Belichecks coaching tree hasnt really done much without him. Its hard for me to get behind anyone that has coached under him
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
I dont see how McDaniels can ask for control of the 53 man roster after the dumpster fire he left in his wake in Denver. I would give him input, but there would be no way in hell i would cede control.
-
2018 Watercooler thread
QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 2, 2018 -> 09:41 AM) Except Married With Children. There have been rumors about it for years but I'm convinced that it will never happen. I actually enjoyed Rosanne in it's prime and I'm looking forward to the new season. They always reminded me of my own family. Middle-class, small town in Illinois with 3 kids. Except we have 3 girls instead of 2 girls and a boy. I'm just afraid the new episodes just won't have the same feel as the old show even with the same cast. Everyone keeps talking about bringing back John Goodman as Dan. I'm trying to figure out if they will address the 4th kid they had in season 8. They named him Jerry Garcia Conner. There are a few quirks about that show that they are gonna play around with. The final season “dream”, Dans death, both Becky’s, Jerry Garcia Connor. I bet it is a fun short season
-
President Donald Trump: The Thread
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 2, 2018 -> 08:52 AM) Big new political science study on "Fake News" is out ‘Fake News’: Wide Reach but Little Impact, Study Suggests Key findings: -heavily concentrated among w/most conservative info diets -Facebook key vector of exposure -fact-checks did not reach those exposed this is a pretty interesting finding that supports other previous research on how effective fact-checking efforts are and persuasion efforts focused on presenting factual rebuttals in general are: I'm not sure if this research dug into it, but previous studies have found that when you present someone who strongly believes in something with contradicting evidence, it's more likely that their (incorrect) belief will be strengthened, not lessened. We call this “greg-d”
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 1, 2018 -> 04:32 PM) Wow, that is pretty ridiculous. When was his contract up anyways? Pace’s contract was up next year along with Fox’s. Now his contract will match with his next coach
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
Whether Pace deserved to go with Fox is debatable depending on whether you believe the decision to hire Fox was out of Pace’s hands. Regardless, there is no more excuses for Pace after this season, it’s all on him.
-
2017-2018 MLB player movement rumors and reports
QUOTE (oldsox @ Jan 1, 2018 -> 10:35 AM) I don't think so. Maybe their agents will have to work a little harder or longer, but they will always outsmart the GMs/owners. Gonna keep repeating that, huh
- 2018 catch-all
- 2018 Music thread
-
2018 Watercooler thread
Every classic sitcom will be rebooted
- 2018 Video Game thread
- 2018 Films thread
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
this game is not pleasant in any way
-
2017-2018 NFL Thread
Sounds like a Bloody Sunday and Black monday are shortly in order. Gonna be a lot of openings, I hope Pace has his guy
-
2017 Offseason White Sox News, Notes, and Tweets thread
QUOTE (BurlyMan56 @ Dec 30, 2017 -> 08:10 AM) The Luis Robert Instagram feed is now unwatchable. I had to unfollow. Never seen a man take as many selfies and videos of himself doing absolutely nothing but admiring himself in a mirror. Total narcassist. Well, he is 20, and now has a lot more money than he ever had. Seems par for the course
-
President Donald Trump: The Thread
There is no collusion(16 times) Even if there was collusion, it isnt a crime Things that innocent people definitely say over and over in between mumble mouth bulls*** deluded explanations of policy and international relations
-
Miguel Sano Accused of Sexual Assault
QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Dec 28, 2017 -> 01:01 PM) That woman is truly blessed that the situation ended it where it did and that she wasn't raped. Not too many women can say that. It's still a gross shame that she had to endure that. Like Jeff Passan said, I hope MLB takes this seriously but I am very curious to see how they handle this because as she said in the post, she wasn't raped. If Chapman can get 30 games for being involved in a DV case then Sano is looking at something more severe than that. On another note, why wasn't Addison Russell ever suspended? Probably because the information provided was third hand and his wife never filed a police report nor would she speak to MLB investigators
-
President Donald Trump: The Thread
QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 28, 2017 -> 11:31 AM) Can we all agree that despite it being a religious holiday, that Christmas really isn't a religious holiday? I know plenty of Atheist/religion bashers/non-religious people that love Christmas and go all out celebrating. its a corporate holiday. Merry give me all of your money for 3 months-day.
-
President Donald Trump: The Thread
QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 27, 2017 -> 06:12 PM) Through personal observation. Year after year I never heard "Merry Christmas" uttered anywhere except on Xmas Day at church. Or I never heard in weeks/days leading up to Christmas, the words "Have a merry christmas." There was literally no mention of Christmas. None. Now this is personal observation. Contrary to what is stated on here, when I heard "Happy Holidays" or "Have a happy holiday" I never got mad or thought, "Dammit, say merry christmas!" I did however make a mental note of this and went on my merry way, no pun intended. Suddenly this year, I happened to catch some of the controversy about Trump going nuts ,even saw the clip of him saying "Merry Christmas" is back. I may have read a thread on here ripping Trump for it or something as well. I didn't think much about it, then I start hearing "Merry CHristmas" or "Have a merry christmas" at some restaurants, coffee shops, SW Airlines on a few different flights. I can guarantee you I never heard it on SWA before. I thought to myself, "Damn, Trump must have had an effect on this." I actually in my mind credited Trump for something. I didn't go run around screaming, "Glory be! Christmas is back!" It wasn't that big a deal as some on here make it out to be for me. It was something I did notice and approve of. It did not affect me saying "Merry CHristmas" to anybody as I've been trained in PC well enough to not go there. I finally returned the Merry CHristmas the other day and it felt very very weird coming out of my mouth. To me, these all were holiday observations, not a huge deal. I didn't scream to the heavens, CHRISTMAS IS BACK, THANK U MR TRUMP" I just noticed it which has really really bothered some on here. To me it was a sequitir not a non sequitir in that because I NOTICED A CHANGE and Trump had spoken out, I deduced perhaps Trump had something to do with it. IT has been pointed out to me Obama also said it. That is good. I like that. But I do not recall Obama going on a tirade saying we all should say Merry Christmas, hence I have not credited Obama enuf for some people on here. In conclusion ... thank you for your question. I want to know what about my response(s) make me the scumbag I'm being portrayed to be. I think it stems from nobody believes me and also because i listen to Rush and Hannity on occasion in the car for brief periods of time I am considered to be their disciples/clones. Continue to flame me, I'm used to it. Greg, Trump could take credit for the sun rising and you would thank him for green grass. There never was a war on Christmas, people never stopped saying merry Christmas.